Top Players in Northeast TN 2013

mamaduck74

After watching Elizabethton (AA) beat Science Hill (AAA) this Tuesday night, there is no doubt who are the top 3 players in Northeast TN.

All three of these players are guards and each one is averaging over 20 points per game this season.

Zeke Clark (Elizabethton) & Calvin Songster (Science Hill) showed everyone what sets them apart from everyone else. Their ability to shoot the pull up jump shot is amazing.

Zeke edges Calvin as the top player due to his ability to take the big shot and deliver. He also has to play a larger amount of minutes due to the lack of varsity experience on his team.

Another is Tyler Nichols (Elizabethton), he maybe the most explosive player in the area who can get the front of the rim anytime he wants. The most exciting thing about him is he only a junior.

What other players should be on the list?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best player in Northeast TN this year just may be a kid that isn't even playing right now. Tyleke Love from DB isn't eligible to play until January but when he does finally hit the court, you'll have a hard time saying he's not the best player in Northeast TN. I've seen Zeke Clark and Calvin Songster play and I'm telling you, Love is better then both of them. And this is coming from a Science Hill fan. Just wait until this kid is eligible after the New Year and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The best underclassmen in Northeast TN is Patrick Good at Crockett and it's not even close in my opinion. He's the leader of that team and is just a Sophomore. He has almost single-handedly turned that team from an easy win to one you can no longer overlook. Great ball-handling skills, excellent shooter, great defender, great leader and a player you simply cannot intimidate. The kid plays with the poise of a Senior.

Edited by AlumnI01

You are right, Tyleke Love is a special player, but will he get kicked off the team again this year when he returns in January? Only time will tell.

Patrick Good is also solid at this early stage. He will be great one day and I cannot wait to see him blossom in front of all of our eyes.

I haven't seen Dillion Rapport play yet, but hopefully I will soon.

Did anyone notice the triple double Ethan Rice (Unicoi) put up on Crockett Tuesday night?

• 1 month later...

I saw where the Rice kid had a triple double the other night and I wasn't there, but did anyone there see if it was an impressive kind or performance or was it one of those where you're surprised he did at the end of the night because nothing really stood out?

I don't know but I think it is pretty impressive. When Unicoi played at Elizabethton he did not impress me at all.

After watching Elizabethton (AA) beat Science Hill (AAA) this Tuesday night, there is no doubt who are the top 3 players in Northeast TN.

All three of these players are guards and each one is averaging over 20 points per game this season.

Zeke Clark (Elizabethton) & Calvin Songster (Science Hill) showed everyone what sets them apart from everyone else. Their ability to shoot the pull up jump shot is amazing.

Zeke edges Calvin as the top player due to his ability to take the big shot and deliver. He also has to play a larger amount of minutes due to the lack of varsity experience on his team.

Another is Tyler Nichols (Elizabethton), he maybe the most explosive player in the area who can get the front of the rim anytime he wants. The most exciting thing about him is he only a junior.

What other players should be on the list?

the valentine kid is in my opinion in the top five

1. Clark

2.songster

3.valentine

4.reppart

5.love/good

the valentine kid is in my opinion in the top five

1. Clark

2.songster

3.valentine

4.reppart

5.love/good

You are a lunatic if you have Good and Love tied for 5th.... They are the best two players in NE TN for sure. They play for the Tennessee Chosen Few, a well know organization. They play at a high level unlike many of these players. Look them up. I would say 1. Love ( Even though he hasn't played yet) 2. Good 3. Songster 4. Clark 5. Reppart/Valentine.