Semi-Finals: Cleveland @ West

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know too mush about Cleveland but after what I saw last night I will have to pick West, they are the fastest team I have seen in a lon time on both sides of the Ball. AC played a great game last night and is very good, dominated the entire game up front and for the most part moved the ball well and still lost by 2 scores. AC ran over 75 offensive plays to West 38 AC had 19 first downs. AC also was able to hold the ball for probably 36 of 48 minutes. I would say West will be the favorite to win state.

West 42, Cleveland 14

Edited by Mav4life

I dont know too mush about Cleveland but after what I saw last night I will have to pick West, they are the fastest team I have seen in a lon time on both sides of the Ball. AC played a great game last night and is very good, dominated the entire game up front and for the most part moved the ball well and still lost by 2 scores. AC ran over 75 offensive plays to West 38 AC had 19 first downs. AC also was able to hold the ball for probably 36 of 48 minutes. I would say West will be the favorite to win state.

West 42, Cleveland 14

they may beat us but I don't think it will be a blow out, we have the advantage of seeing them once so we won't be surprised by their speed. But it will be a tall order for us to win this game.

West 42, Cleveland 14

I ain't real sure that they dominated up front on the offensive side of the ball....#33 wreaked havoc all night

Erell, just because a linebacker plays tuff all game does not mean the line did not have a great game.  AC ran 75 offensive plays I am guessing close to 225 rushing and kept the ball for 3/4 of the game.  Johnson and Hicks did not have any 70 yard runs to skew the stats, Hicks averaged 5 yards a carry and if you take away the sack yardage probably would have had another 20 yards, AC did not do this by accident, keep in mind too that West had 8 in the box the majority of the night and AC was blocking those with 5/6 players, say what you want but AC was strong up front all night and if you are implying anything different you are a fool.  But I do not want to turn the West vs. Cleveland thread into anything about AC, West and Cleveland have earned the right for this discussion to be about no one but them, if you want to question the play of AC then feel free to do it on the AC vs. West thread, I gave a few points to make a point on why I was picking this game...just an opinion tho

Erell, just because a linebacker plays tuff all game does not mean the line did not have a great game. AC ran 75 offensive plays I am guessing close to 225 rushing and kept the ball for 3/4 of the game. Johnson and Hicks did not have any 70 yard runs to skew the stats, Hicks averaged 5 yards a carry and if you take away the sack yardage probably would have had another 20 yards, AC did not do this by accident, keep in mind too that West had 8 in the box the majority of the night and AC was blocking those with 5/6 players, say what you want but AC was strong up front all night and if you are implying anything different you are a fool. But I do not want to turn the West vs. Cleveland thread into anything about AC, West and Cleveland have earned the right for this discussion to be about no one but them, if you want to question the play of AC then feel free to do it on the AC vs. West thread, I gave a few points to make a point on why I was picking this game...just an opinion tho

33 isn't a linebacker... His hand was on the ground the entire game...I'll post where I wish... Thanks tho... Never said they weren't strong...just weren't great finishers...and 33 had a field day from the DL position...and unfortunately stats don't win games...have a great off season...

As far as West/Cleveland...I am sure both teams have gotten better since the first meeting...should be a goodun!

West 42, Cleveland 14

Well, ok.

From this, you're concluding that Cleveland is worse and West is better than the last time they met.  I'm going to go ahead and see it differently through my blue-tinted glasses.  CHS is definitely not the same team that played West earlier this year for a lot of reasons.  They now have a balance between an authoritative passing attack and a two-headed running game that has not been stifled since it found its stride several games ago.  Raiders got off to a very bad start and dug themselves out of a hole for three quarters last time.  I would say chances are slim they get caught off-guard like that again.  Last game, the starting OLB and safety were both out of the game before the end of the first quarter with injuries, and one of the RB's didn't even suit up.  They are playing with poise, confidence, and discipline (one penalty in the last two games).  Gonna be a tough train to stop again...