Anderson County 2014

Mav4life

Our defensive scheme will probably be close to the same, our problem was a combo of 2 things imo, and that was that our linebackers were big and strong and great aainst the run, but were lost in space laterally in coverage and we always seemed to give up a big play vertically with the DB's bit they were in position to make the play, just never did. A good example of that is the TD West scored right before the half, Johnson was in position but just did not make the play, and he ia a great athlete, so imo it is not athletic ability or "scheme", I just think that coming up through the ranks these guys are no learning technique and to be aggressive, if AC is lacking anything in a coachin staff that may just be it, coordinator is fine, but our DB's have always been our dagger and that dates back 20 years lol.

Ive only watched you three times this year. I dont know who Johnson is. But what I saw was the corners getting beat across the middle alot on slants with no saftey help. And its seemed the D-line would push to far up field. While the ends got sucked in. Just an observation. AGIAN MY OPINION The Co Champ Cougars like to call me names But they havent learned how to win just yet,

Johnson is #2, he was guarding the TE that scored right before the half on Friday, was in great position and he is a beast of an athlete, just did not make the play.  A lot of the middle routes and delay drags that killed us this season were LB responsibility, we gave up some big plays with the corners on plays like the one you described, but for the most part they did not play bad.  CC killed us on that delay drag and that was LB and Powell hit the seem on us which was also LB.

I take exception to your comment about the secondary being the dagger going back 20 years. May be a weak link lately but ACHS has had some tremendously talented and well coached secondaries in the past. Get your facts straight before you make generalized statements sir.

I graduated in 2000 and the secondary was our weak spot my Jr and Sr years and has continued to be so wver since, never said that we sid not hae some great players, heck we had a great one when I played, but 1 guy cant defend the entire secondary so my facts are pretty straight.

Played from 96-2000? That's a long time ago. The 99- 2000 teams were probably weak in the secondary. I know i coached em. But there were some great secondaries not just players before and since. You dont know as much as you think you do

Edited by oskie

Played from 96-2000? That's a long time ago. The 99- 2000 teams were probably weak in the secondary. I know i coached em. But there were some great secondaries not just players before and since. You dont know as much as you think you do

. So a couple of good seasons mixed in the last 16 years makes it to where the weak spot over the past 20 years has not been te secondary? Sorry but a good season here and there does not dispute what I said, you can say I got my hea up my #### all u want but that does not change the fact that over the last 20 years there has been more seasons where the the secondary has been weak than where they have been strong. By what you are sayin you could make the claim that over that same time frame AC has been a great paasing team because of the 5 or 6 years out of 20 that they were, does not make much sense. Besides that I have always supported these Mavs present and past and was having a discussion that was legitamate, if you disagree thats fine, I have no problem with that at all, but do it without the defensive attitude and head up your #### comments as there is no need for that childish crap amongst fellow fans, in other words join the discussion an give some points that may be helpful instead of snarky comments that are becoming of a 12 year old.

You made a stupid comment that deseved the response you got

Thank you for provin me wron and actually joining the conversation with some kimd of actual analysis, this is an opinionated board and I gave my opinion on a question asked, I am sorry you feel the need to reply with these kind of comments. Feel free to give your expert view anytime as we all feel so much more enlightened now after your in depth critique of matters such as this. Still trying to figure out what stupid comment I made? The secondary IS AND HAS BEEN our weekest link for years like it or not, I dont care if you did coach them, me or anyone else involved so you can get upset about my comment all you want, but until you actually give some kind input on the fact when you just chime in with unnecisary comments like you did you sound like someone just wanting to argue for arguments sake, now lets try this one more time as I am honestly open for a discussion if you would like to give your opinion on the DB's than I would love to hear it from an ex coach if you can stand to do so without the unnecesary crap that really has no place amongst fans, I mean are we not both on the same side here? I was really not trying to start an argument and If I am wrong that is fine, I am not too proud at all to admit that, but when a fellow fan gives an opinion about something and is not demeaning anyone than I will not resort to petty garbage, I would rather give my opinion and discuss it, see thats how adults do it, now you try

Its called faulty generalization. Sure there have been years when phase of game was not as good as it should be. The secondary certainly could have played better in some years and was the weak link. But to say it has been consistently the weak link for the last 20 years is an insult to me and the kids i coached. I can name more good secondaries in the last 20 than bad. My opinion...you dont know what you're talking about.

Its called faulty generalization. Sure there have been years when phase of game was not as good as it should be. The secondary certainly could have played better in some years and was the weak link. But to say it has been consistently the weak link for the last 20 years is an insult to me and the kids i coached. I can name more good secondaries in the last 20 than bad. My opinion...you dont know what you're talking about.

Thats fine, it is an opinion, but has it not been the week spot of the defense in a lot of those seasons? I mean its not like I said they were horrific, I said that it has been our dagger and that dates back 20 years, i also added a lol at the end of that comment if you did not notice, what is so insulting about that? I honestly did not mean to disrespect anyone, however my opinion is still the same, the secondary is the weak link, I also implied that if there was an area that this coaching staff could use help than that was it, did I say that any of the coaches were bad? No I did not, but every team and staff has somewhere they need improvement and that is this staffs area. This is my opinion, I would say that the last 20 years we have had 7 or 8 seasons where the secondary was above average, and most of those seasons were in the first half of that 20 years, its not a disrespect thing or me putting anyone down, but it is my opinion of our weak spot, every coach knows that when you play AC you can beat us in the pass game, no my generalzation may not have been as accurate to 20 years, if you say so than that is fine, if you want to chang ethat to the past 10 or 15 years than that is fine, the point remains the same. When I told him it has been the Dagger the past 20 year lol, I really did not mean to upset anyone, but all you had to do was give your opinion and I would be 100% fine with that, heck I played for you in that same timeframe so it is pretty obvious that I was not trying to demean anyone by saying it, but the comment you gave was as rediculous as what you say my comment was.