Best player in three rivers, watauga,and big 7 conference

Sportscraz123

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Good play for SH last year? What happened? Songster(sp?) from SH is real good. Even though we beat SH tonight he put 26 up on us.

Yeah  im from down around Knoxville area but I have connects in tri cities area, he went to SH dad got job at Crockett transferred, heard he put up 35 in a game, idc who u are any time 35 is put up is impressive especially from a sophomore  

True. But, I am guessing he is probably all that Crockett has. No offense to Crockett, but it must suck going from playing at a traditionally great team like SH to Crockett. :mellow:

Yes, but I heard from a friend up in the Johnson City area that he wouldnt be shocked if Crockett got to the state tournament next year or the year after. He said they are very sophomore dominated with possible transfers coming from SH

Why would you wanna transfer from SH to Crockett? Unless you just had to like Good had to sounds like? Strange.

I agree as far as sucess I would send my kid to just about anywhere in that area other than Crockett but now it is changing i guess. From what I have heard, the community and kids dont like the SH coach, idk his name but they love Good who was an assistant there for years and thats what kept the kids coming out year in and year out for basketball, but them not having much sucess this year is starting to change the minds of parents and kids.

Science Hill may not be having the same type of success that they are used to having, but they are still a top 3-5 team every year in East TN. Unless the players just don't like the SH coach (from what it sounds like you say), but other then that I just can't see any reason at all why a kid would wanna transfer from there. I mean at Crockett you are not only going to a lesser team, but by going there just means you are gonna get less press (which means less schools looking at you if you are good) no matter how good they get (Crockett).

Science Hill may not be having the same type of success that they are used to having, but they are still a top 3-5 team every year in East TN. Unless the players just don't like the SH coach (from what it sounds like you say), but other then that I just can't see any reason at all why a kid would wanna transfer from there. I mean at Crockett you are not only going to a lesser team, but by going there just means you are gonna get less press (which means less schools looking at you if you are good) no matter how good they get (Crockett).

Yea true but this year idk if I would rank them top 5 in east tn if you consider knoxville area including maryville and oak ridge, but yea they are used to a lot of sucess and they have a tough fan base that expects not only winning but winning big like 30 win seasons and they may not get 30 this year. I jus here good things about the Crockett coach and that he has brought a winning attitude which is making a big impact and I personally have seen them play a few times this year and I could see a state tournament birth within a year or so which speaks volumes. I see where u r coming from but i guess thats all it takes is one person(coach or player) to get a school enthusiastic and ready to compete big time . 

Yeah. Well, I can see where you come from, too. I honestly don't mean to talk down on Crockett, it's just they have been at the bottom of the barrel in all sports for so long that it is just strange to me, I guess lol. Heck, I hope they can become good. If any fanbase deserves for their team to be really good it would be that fanbase. They have been through some rough years in all sports. I think SH would match up well with any of the Knoxville area teams this year. They just got through beating an undefeated Webb team the other night. Even though they lost to us they still played us pretty tough although we led the whole game and didn't make a 3 point shot all night. I think they could play with or beat Maryville, they lost to Alcoa tonight. And I know what you mean about the fanbase being tough. Ours here is the same way in both football and basketball, so I know what you mean. I think it's pretty silly for a fanbase to expect 30 wins a year, especially in HS when kids can only stay 3 or so years to play. Teams are rotating talent in and out every 3rd to 4th year, so it is hard to maintain that dominance for a long stretch. SH has been a victim of thir own success when it comes to that.

Edited by SweetScience

Yeah. Well, I can see where you come from, too. I honestly don't mean to talk down on Crockett, it's just they have been at the bottom of the barrel in all sports for so long that it is just strange to me, I guess lol. Heck, I hope they can become good. If any fanbase deserves for their team to be really good it would be that fanbase. They have been through some rough years in all sports. I think SH would match up well with any of the Knoxville area teams this year. They just got through beating an undefeated Webb team the other night. Even though they lost to us they still played us pretty tough although we led the whole game and didn't make a 3 point shot all night. I think they could play with or beat Maryville, they lost to Alcoa tonight.

I hear ya,I guess they do deserve some success from so many down years and having to deal with DB TN High and SH but the gap from those schools is getting smaller by the minute. Yea Science Hill might compete but i give Oak Ridge the best team in East Tn with second going to Jefferson County, have seem them play a lot this year and they look strong