Cheatham County Cubs Basketball

TheBrooklynBrawler

Let's go to to the stats:

Norl 17 points 44% 3 rebounds 5 assists 2 steals 1 to

Saunders 20 points 43% 4 reb 1 assist 0 steals 2 to.

I don't call that being "clearly better" but either way it is unfair to call this a match up. Norl did not guard Sauders for one single play not one, not even on a switch. He guarded number 20, 10, and 32.

Now I admire your passion for your team and I think sauderns is a baller. But he should not be in the discussion for best SG in the state. Norl on the other hand averages 21.8 and 60% from the field this season. I don't think there's another sg in the state with numbers like that. He does that all within the system coach is trying to run. He has the potential to score 40 a night and is probably to reason he had over 20 d1 schools recruiting him including the whole OVC. Not because he could but because he doesn't. People forget his AAU team had the best talent Tennessee has to offer and traveled the country to play and beat some of the best teams in the country. They were a top 10 team in the country. Norl played a big roll in that success for 4 years.

Thought Saunders did a good job defensively that night and the stats support my opinion. Both really good players and two good teams as well.

When we played them our best player out performed Norl. And they did guard one another most the game. This doesn't make him better than Norl, but on that day he was.

Norl had 26 points 37% 14 rebounds 4 assist 0 steals 4 t/o

Our Player had 25 points 67% 1 rebound 5 assist 1 steal 2 t/o

I guess you would have to completely overlook the fact that he was out rebounded by 13 to come to that conclusion. That was his best game of the season that same kid went 0 for 9 the game before. What can I say Kids come to play when Kenwood and Norl comes to town.

Players are avg these kind of numbers all over the State.

Not players, shooting guards. 60% for a big man is something completely different then a 2 guard. So please name one sg that avgs 20 pts and 60% in the state. The two guards mentioned in the post so far are Holt 19 a game and 48% and Saunders 21 a game at 43% both against weaker schedules. I'm not saying that aren't any but I'm cursious to know who they are.

I guess you would have to completely overlook the fact that he was out rebounded by 13 to come to that conclusion. That was his best game of the season that same kid went 0 for 9 the game before. What can I say Kids come to play when Kenwood and Norl comes to town.

No that was his 3rd best game. He had a bad first game and is still avg. 20 a game. 6 games with 25 or more points, 55 - 3 pointers at 41% and 58% overall. That's better than Saunders with exception of PPG. Like I said before Cookie Cutters. There every where on every team. Put Saunders on a team with no players avg. double figures and see how he performs. That would be interesting. When you have 4 players avg. double figures its a lot harder to defend. Saunders is a good player but when you look at stats he is no different than the other 20 or so good players in 2AA..

No that was his 3rd best game. He had a bad first game and is still avg. 20 a game. 6 games with 25 or more points, 55 - 3 pointers at 41% and 58% overall. That's better than Saunders with exception of PPG. Like I said before Cookie Cutters. There every where on every team. Put Saunders on a team with no players avg. double figures and see how he performs. That would be interesting. When you have 4 players avg. double figures its a lot harder to defend. Saunders is a good player but when you look at stats he is no different than the other 20 or so good players in 2AA..

Completely disagree. To say that there are players like Saunders "every where on every team" is just plain silly or misinformed. His best games are against their toughest opposition and stats don't tell the whole story. He carried them against East and hit big shot after big shot when Darden and Harlan were on the bench for significant periods with foul trouble. The best thing about Saunders isn't his scoring, defense, passing, or rebounding though. His best quality is that he is a fierce competitor who will do whatever it takes to win and that is all that matters to him. If that means guarding the opponent's best player and detracting from his scoring then so be it-he doesn't care as long as the Cubs win and they have been doing a lot of that this year. Norl, Saunders and Holt are all really good players and I am done with the comparisons. I suppose we will have to agree to disagree.

A few corrections ok Holt had a 26 and 27 point game with a lower fg shooting performance. So I am considering the game agaisnst kenwood his best game. Holt dose not shoot 58% overall he shoots 41% from 3, 58% from 2, and 48% overall. Norl shoots 38% from 3, 73% from 2 and 60% overall. Still waiting on the one other sg with those numbers.

Sorry to high-jack this thread back the CC.

Not players, shooting guards. 60% for a big man is something completely different then a 2 guard. So please name one sg that avgs 20 pts and 60% in the state. The two guards mentioned in the post so far are Holt 19 a game and 48% and Saunders 21 a game at 43% both against weaker schedules. I'm not saying that aren't any but I'm cursious to know who they are.

Completely disagree. To say that there are players like Saunders "every where on every team" is just plain silly or misinformed. His best games are against their toughest opposition and stats don't tell the whole story. He carried them against East and hit big shot after big shot when Darden and Harlan were on the bench for significant periods with foul trouble. The best thing about Saunders isn't his scoring, defense, passing, or rebounding though. His best quality is that he is a fierce competitor who will do whatever it takes to win and that is all that matters to him. If that means guarding the opponent's best player and detracting from his scoring then so be it-he doesn't care as long as the Cubs win and they have been doing a lot of that this year. Norl, Saunders and Holt are all really good players and I am done with the comparisons. I suppose we will have to agree to disagree.

I will have to agree, being a competitor is a key strength. This is a talent that gets overlooked because it doesn't show up on paper.

How did the Kenwood kid do against CPA?

Wish I saw that game. I thinks Bonds and Allsmiller are a great 1-2 and they ended up at Liberty and Ga Southern mainly due to lack of size and strength required to be a mid or high major. It's so competitive to be a college player and even great coaches miss evaluate talent and heart about 20-25 percent of the time as evidenced by transfers after 1st year.

Stallings whiffed on Bradshaw. He would be best SG at Vandy this year. Instead he's lighting it up against ACC and SEC for Rick Byrd at Belmont.

Hope to see CC in the playoffs. Sounds like a great team.

Wish success to both CC and Kenwood and these players mentioned.

Kenwood has lost 4 games this season, all away games. 2 were absolute flukes a 2 point lost at Cascade with starters missing. And at Henry County where all but one starter played less then 2 quarters due to foul trouble. Both would lose by at least 20 in another match up. CPA is the only team who would be favored in beating them again on a neutral floor. But they are talented enough to beat CPA. And I would be surprised if a second match up would end up in a double digest victory for either team. Kenwood held CPA to 9 points in the first and 23 in the half, before a sloppy 3rd quarter cost them. Norl and Rivers (kenwood) played with Bonds Blackwell and Allsmiller (CPA) in AAU so they know each others game, and is probably why Jake only scored 4 pts against them.

I know CC fans don't want to hear this but CPA is a 20 point favorite if CC plays there best game.

Kenwood has lost 4 games this season, all away games. 2 were absolute flukes a 2 point lost at Cascade with starters missing. And at Henry County where all but one starter played less then 2 quarters due to foul trouble. Both would lose by at least 20 in another match up. CPA is the only team who would be favored in beating them again on a neutral floor. But they are talented enough to beat CPA. And I would be surprised if a second match up would end up in a double digest victory for either team. Kenwood held CPA to 9 points in the first and 23 in the half, before a sloppy 3rd quarter cost them. Norl and Rivers (kenwood) played with Bonds Blackwell and Allsmiller (CPA) in AAU so they know each others game, and is probably why Jake only scored 4 pts against them.

I know CC fans don't want to hear this but CPA is a 20 point favorite if CC plays there best game.

So let me see if I follow this logic. Cheatham beats Kenwood rather easily by 14. CPA beats Kenwood by 20+. Yet somehow Kenwood is talented enough to play CPA tight, yet Cheatham could play their best and lose by 20. Now I know comparing scores in a small sample size is a faulty way of predicting future outcomes, but I am really having trouble following your analysis here. Cheatham could be a 20 point underdog vs the Lions, but I think they cover that spread on their best night.