Cheatham County Cubs Basketball

TheBrooklynBrawler

So let me see if I follow this logic. Cheatham beats Kenwood rather easily by 14. CPA beats Kenwood by 20+. Yet somehow Kenwood is talented enough to play CPA tight, yet Cheatham could play their best and lose by 20. Now I know comparing scores in a small sample size is a faulty way of predicting future outcomes, but I am really having trouble following your analysis here. Cheatham could be a 20 point underdog vs the Lions, but I think they cover that spread on their best night.

yes that's exactly what I'm saying. Kenwood has the talent bench and ballhanders to compete Cheatham dose not. I'm being generous with the 20 points. Cheatham played there best game of the year against Kenwood, Kenwood played there worst.

Kenwood has the talent bench and ballhanders to compete Cheatham dose not. I'm being generous with the 20 points. Cheatham played there best game of the year against Kenwood, Kenwood played there worst.

Kenwood did not play "horrible" at all vs Cheatham County.  They didn't play great by any means but they didn't play awful.  Hairston shot the ball extremely well in the game.  Norl and Saunders pretty much evened each other out in the game.  Darden outplayed Rivers in that particular game but in most meetings you would have to say that those two guys would even one another out.  The difference maker in the game was a "ball handler" for the Cubs named Wesley Harlan who had a field day.  CPA "may" beat Cheatham County but it won't be by 20+.  The only way that happens is if Saunders, Harlan, or Darden:

a.)  have the flu

b.)  get suspended

c.)  get kidnapped before the tip

d.)  get injured during warm-ups

e.)  get injured during the game

f.)   get thrown out of the game

g.)  get in early foul trouble and 2 of the 3 have to sit the majority of the game

h.)  miss the bus (assuming the game is not at CCCHS)

The list of possibilities is endless.  I would love to see CPA play Cheatham in a game where everyone is healthy, the game is called fairly, and the boys on the floor get to decide the outcome. 

I would like to see the same type of game between Kenwood and Henry County. 

yes that's exactly what I'm saying. Kenwood has the talent bench and ballhanders to compete Cheatham dose not. I'm being generous with the 20 points. Cheatham played there best game of the year against Kenwood, Kenwood played there worst.

Kenwood's weakness is they don't have a true pg . Cheatham does and Harlan was dominant vs every defender Kenwood threw at him. The game really wasn't ever in doubt as the Cubs were in control from start to finish. How can you say it was Cheatham's best game when you have only seen them once? Cheatham has no "fluke losses" either-they have 0 losses. How about you just admit Cheatham is better than Kenwood as was proven on the floor and quit making excuses. You sound like a sore loser who is having trouble accepting reality. I think Kenwood is a good team, but Cheatham is better.

Kenwood's weakness is they don't have a true pg . Cheatham does and Harlan was dominant vs every defender Kenwood threw at him. The game really wasn't ever in doubt as the Cubs were in control from start to finish. How can you say it was Cheatham's best game when you have only seen them once? Cheatham has no "fluke losses" either-they have 0 losses. How about you just admit Cheatham is better than Kenwood as was proven on the floor and quit making excuses. You sound like a sore loser who is having trouble accepting reality. I think Kenwood is a good team, but Cheatham is better.

So I'm a sore loser because I don't want to jump on the CC bandwagon. I call it like I see it . Cheatham was better that day come to Kenwood and get dropped by 20 or 30 like everyone else. Cheatham is a good team in cheatham to CC fans. Then year after year we have to hear how they get no respect blah blah. Ever think they aren't as good as you think they are. If I wasnt on this thread it would be lost under tons of other posts already. Peolple know good bb teams when they see them play. CPA is better, much better. The truth is you guys have played a week schedule and everyone has a field day against CC defense 1 game played where you held a team under 50 pts CPA has Like 15. Both have the same style of play CPA just does everything better, with better players, and a better coach. Look CPA is at a bare minimum 20 pts better. If I'm wrong I get on here and eat crow but I don't think you guys make it far enough to face them. At the end of the day you can stand along Cascade and say we beat Kenwood as it will be your best wins at the end of the season.

So I'm a sore loser because I don't want to jump on the CC bandwagon. I call it like I see it . Cheatham was better that day come to Kenwood and get dropped by 20 or 30 like everyone else. Cheatham is a good team in cheatham to CC fans. Then year after year we have to hear how they get no respect blah blah. Ever think they aren't as good as you think they are. If I wasnt on this thread it would be lost under tons of other posts already. Peolple know good bb teams when they see them play. CPA is better, much better. The truth is you guys have played a week schedule and everyone has a field day against CC defense 1 game played where you held a team under 50 pts CPA has Like 15. Both have the same style of play CPA just does everything better, with better players, and a better coach. Look CPA is at a bare minimum 20 pts better. If I'm wrong I get on here and eat crow but I don't think you guys make it far enough to face them. At the end of the day you can stand along Cascade and say we beat Kenwood as it will be your best wins at the end of the season.

No, you are a sore loser bc you can not acknowledge the FACT that your team got their butts kicked by a better team. Instead you choose to make a long list of excuses and fail to give the better team credit. That pretty much defines sore loser. Cheatham was a substate team last year. How far did Kenwood go? Cheatham sliced Kenwood's defense up all night-that is reality. I like Kenwood's program and have always been very complimentary of them and wish them the best of luck the rest of the way. Coach Stigall does a great job there and they have good kids who play very hard. It is too bad you don't have the ability to acknowledge defeat, wish the Cubs luck, and move on. In regards to CPA, no one that I have seen on here has claimed that Cheatham is better than CPA-to do so would demonstrate a lack of sense. However, the Cubs are one of the few teams that have the capability of challenging CPA on a given night. I hope they meet somewhere down the road so we can find out.

Oh so now Kenwood is my team? Because I don't agree with you. I watched the game and saw Kenwood beat Kenwood that night. I know that stings but watch the tape CC contested 10 shots the whole night, if that.The difference between me and you is you are vested in CC and watch just them play. I have seen about 100 teams in tennesse play this year. And when I evaluate talent and good teams everything about CC screams average. I belive it was you that said they aren't the best rebounders scorers athlete's etc. but it's there will to win that is most valuable. We are saying the same thing I'm just realistic in the fact that will to win is a feel good slogan that only gets you so far in sports outside of Hollywood. At least we both agree that CC best game is not good enough to beat CPA.

Oh so now Kenwood is my team? Because I don't agree with you. I watched the game and saw Kenwood beat Kenwood that night. I know that stings but watch the tape CC contested 10 shots the whole night, if that.The difference between me and you is you are vested in CC and watch just them play. I have seen about 100 teams in tennesse play this year. And when I evaluate talent and good teams everything about CC screams average. I belive it was you that said they aren't the best rebounders scorers athlete's etc. but it's there will to win that is most valuable. We are saying the same thing I'm just realistic in the fact that will to win is a feel good slogan that only gets you so far in sports outside of Hollywood. At least we both agree that CC best game is not good enough to beat CPA.

You are a fool if you qualify Cheatham as average.  They are definitely above average in talent and have a cohesive core of seniors.  They are tough as their record proves.  Definitely one fo the top 5 teams right now with all things considered.  BTW Go Patriots!

You are a fool if you qualify Cheatham as average.  They are definitely above average in talent and have a cohesive core of seniors.  They are tough as their record proves.  Definitely one fo the top 5 teams right now with all things considered.  BTW Go Patriots!

Let me put this way have CC play CPAs schedule I see 8-10 losses. If they are sitting at 13-10 are they still one of the best teams in TN. Average might be harsh on my part but top 5 is laughable. They are a top 10 team in AA and a top 50 team in TN. And that's because of senior leadership. Stop basing everything on records look at the talent and defensive effort compare it to other teams and you might see some of my points.

Let me put this way have CC play CPAs schedule I see 8-10 losses. If they are sitting at 13-10 are they still one of the best teams in TN. Average might be harsh on my part but top 5 is laughable. They are a top 10 team in AA and a top 50 team in TN. And that's because of senior leadership. Stop basing everything on records look at the talent and defensive effort compare it to other teams and you might see some of my points.

I think it is easy for all of us to see that what you see is nowhere near reality. Cheatham is unbeaten and plays a more difficult non district schedule than most aa teams. They are clearly a top 5 aa team. Sorry you can't admit it bc you got your feelings hurt when the Cubs whipped your Knights.