McMinn Central girls go down again!

Glory

They lost at home tonight to Meigs County and now have a 11-9 record. It's obvious they miss assistant coach Joe Young's knowledge and leadership more than many Central fans want to admit.

That may be but tonite according to the Chattanoogan.com they missed the 4 girls who didn't play especially the freshman guard. Not to take anything from Meigs I hope they go as far as they can.

That may be but tonite according to the Chattanoogan.com they missed the 4 girls who didn't play especially the freshman guard. Not to take anything from Meigs I hope they go as far as they can.

Leave it to Morgan to use misleading excuses. One of those girls has been out over a month with a torn acl. Will he count her as being out with every loss this year even though she didn't even start most games? Two of those mentioned don't start and have only played a few minutes each game at most. So the real truth is that he had one starter out, and she was a freshman.

Leave it to Morgan to use misleading excuses. One of those girls has been out over a month with a torn acl. Will he count her as being out with every loss this year even though she didn't even start most games? Two of those mentioned don't start and have only played a few minutes each game at most. So the real truth is that he had one starter out, and she was a freshman.

Yeah, and the truth is the one Freshman starter was the teams leading scorer.  Did I miss something?  Where did you see Morgan making excuses.  Meigs has a solid ball club and I see them making some noise in "A" this year. 

Yeah, and the truth is the one Freshman starter was the teams leading scorer.  Did I miss something?  Where did you see Morgan making excuses.  Meigs has a solid ball club and I see them making some noise in "A" this year.

According to someone above, Chattanoogan.com said "they missed the 4 girls who didn't play." I didn't say it or see it, but where would they have got that information? Did I miss something, or do you think they just made that up without hearing it from Morgan? Any way you look at it that was very misleading since one of those other three girls has been out for over a month and won't be returning this year. The other two have played very little coming off the bench. I know both girls and their parents, and believe you me they're not happy with their daughters playing time.

Central had the lead going into the 4th quarter and Meigs two leading scorers fouled out in the 4th quarter, but that fact was conveniently overlooked. We all know that the freshman starter from Monroe County is Central's leading scorer. Putting all the eggs in one basket is a trademark of Morgan's. They're a much different team without Joe Young.

Edited by Glory

According to someone above, Chattanoogan.com said "they missed the 4 girls who didn't play." I didn't say it or see it, but where would they have got that information? Did I miss something, or do you think they just made that up without hearing it from Morgan? Any way you look at it that was very misleading since one of those other three girls has been out for over a month and won't be returning this year. The other two have played very little coming off the bench. I know both girls and their parents, and believe you me they're not happy with their daughters playing time.

Central had the lead going into the 4th quarter and Meigs two leading scorers fouled out in the 4th quarter, but that fact was conveniently overlooked. We all know that the freshman starter from Monroe County is Central's leading scorer. Putting all the eggs in one basket is a trademark of Morgan's. They're a much different team without Joe Young.

My bad it was in the Chatt times freepress

Great game......with all due respect.....you can't say your best player is out after a loss.. Cmon this is Central they have 10 good players every year. Its a shame to even think that. That bench is as deep as any. Might have the best freshman class in the state.

AA freshman class maybe. But Cumberland county's is loaded. Seen both and I think CC s freshman would win by 15+ and will add more next year.

I agree with some of your points.  I was literally asking a question.  I did not see where excuses were made, because I did not read the CFP.  Don't matter much any how.  Morgan has played most players all year.  I do however disagree with your assessment of playing time.  Morgan plays many- when you lose ball handlers and some height it hurts.  I thought MCentral did what they needed to do to win.  On paper they should have been blown out.  I don't think Morgan is making excuses, just facts.  It is tough when your applecart is messed up, and I agree Joe is missed.