State and Region duels question

wristbar

Could any of the more astute posters on this forum help me with a question I have had for years?

Would it not be more appropriate to call it a wrestling "duel" instead of a wrestling "dual"? Is a wrestling match between two teams (def: a contest between two parties). Just seems more appropriate to me. Any comments or answers are appreciated.

du·el

/ˈduthinsp.pngÉ™l, ˈdyu-/    

noun
a prearranged combat between two persons, fought with deadly weapons according to an accepted code of procedure, especially to settle a private quarrel.
any contest between two persons or parties.
verb (used with object), verb (used without object), du·eled, du·el·ing or ( especially British ) du·elled, du·el·ling.
to fight in a duel.

du·al /ˈduthinsp.pngÉ™l, ˈdyu-/  
adjective
of, pertaining to, or noting two.
composed or consisting of two people, items, parts, etc., together; twofold; double: dual ownership; dual controls on a plane.
having a twofold, or double, character or nature
Grammar . being or pertaining to a member of the category of number, as in Old English, Old Russian, or Arabic, that denotes two of the things in question.
noun Grammar .
the dual number.
a form in the dual, as Old English git  â€œyou two,†as contrasted with ge  â€œyou†referring to three or more.

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/dual-vs-duel/