2013-2014 Tennessee's All Star Team

lookingFORtalent

With Whitestation going to play Florida's top team and CPA playing Kentucky's top team in the past few weeks. I started to think who would your Tennesse All star team be? The team would be built to play other states "All star" sqauds, so while your teams 6-3 center may be dominate in your distric lets keep it in perspective. All for fun. Here's what I come up with when I put my coaching hat on.

* = Starters

Braxton Bonds 6-1 PG (CPA)*

Chris Chiozza 5-11 PG (White Station)

Jaylen Barford 6-4 COMBO (Southside)

Desonta Bradford 6-4 COMBO (Humboldt)

Daniel Norl 6-3 SG (Kenwood)*

Jake Allsmiller 6-5 SG (CPA)

Andy Schumpert 6-5 SF (Brentwood) 

Marcanvis Hymon 6-6 SF (Whitehaven)*

Jemario Rivers 6-8 SF (Kenwood)

Rob Marberry 6-8 PF (FRA)

Braxton Blackwell 6-8 PF (CPA)*

Leron Black 6-8 PF (White Station)*

Quackattack,I havent really seen any East Tn guys play.No offense to them,im sure there are some good ball players in East Tn.Chiozza,Black,K.Lawson,Blackwell,Black all 4stars,D.Lawson and Skal 5 stars.Barford and Bradford has yet to sign but both will go D1,Allsmiller and Norl going to Georgia Southern and Eastern ky. I picked them because they both can shoot it.Quackattack,name some East Tn players that I didnt choose that is worthy of this list?

No offense to Bonds,but my starting point guard will be Chris Chiozza and I dont think Blackwell is 6'8.

Chris Chiozza,Daniel Norl,Keelon Lawson,Dedric Lawson,Skal Lab.of ECS.My bench would be Desonte Bradford,Jaylon Barford,Braxton Blackwell,Leron Black,Jake Allsmiller

WOW! Blackwell and Black not first team? Norl over them?? Sorry, but no way.

No offense to Bonds,but my starting point guard will be Chris Chiozza and I dont think Blackwell is 6'8.

Chris Chiozza,Daniel Norl,Keelon Lawson,Dedric Lawson,Skal Lab.of ECS.My bench would be Desonte Bradford,Jaylon Barford,Braxton Blackwell,Leron Black,Jake Allsmiller

No offense taken. Bonds to me is a slightly better defender thats why I give him the start. But Chiozza is a better shooter so I can definitely see your argument. But the Lawson brothers yea your right. I completely forgot about them and went brain dead with Skal. I would replace D. Lawson with Schumpert, and Skal over Rob. I could be off on the heights a inch or so on some players but I'm pretty sure Blackwell is 6-8. Rivers is like Makinde London in the fact that he use to be a guard as a freshman has grown 6-7 inches since then and is still growing. He can rebound, go coast to coast, lead a fast break and shoot the 3 as good as any 6-8 frame in Tennessee. He might be 6-9 in a month.

Edited by lookingFORtalent

Rivers is like Makinde London in the fact that he use to be a guard as a freshman has grown 6-7 inches since then and is still growing. He can rebound, go coast to coast, lead a fast break and shoot the 3 as good as any 6-8 frame in Tennessee. He might be 6-9 in a month.

Rivers running the break

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvqpHXvAS0M

Oh and he can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GctN9JuSpQ0

Edited by lookingFORtalent

WOW! Blackwell and Black not first team? Norl over them?? Sorry, but no way.

Which one of them on your team would be your starting 2 guard. I agree with MVP Norl at SG should be the least debatable 1st team position. Norl right now is at 21ppg, 60% overall and 73% from 2. That percentage has to be tops in TN for a SG averaging 20 plus a game.

Ryan Jones 5'10 ( Siegal )

Cory Henley 6'0 ( Cannon County )

Braxton Bonds 6'1 ( CPA )

Terry Holt 6'3 ( East Nashville )

Daniel Noel 6'2 ( Kenwood )

Jaylen Barford 6'4 ( Jackson Southside )

Jalen Duke 6'4 ( MLK )

Braxton Blackwell 6'7 ( CPA )

Leron Black 6'7 ( White Station )

K.J. Lawson 6'8 (Hamilton )

Rob Marberry 6'8 ( FRA)

Jermario Rivers 6'8 (Kenwood)

Caleb Hollander 6'8 ( Nashville Central Christian )

This team isn't filled with a lot of kids who get the most pub. I'm a basketball junkie who coaches defense. There are a lot of kids people hear other than these boys but I think this team would dominate. JUST AN OPINION. I have long multi position kids. It would be a zone nightmare. Henley averages 4 threes a game and plays defense. Holt scores in bunches rebounds out of the guard position.  Blackwell and Rivers are Penny Hardaway framed PGs. Black and Marberry rebound and swat shots.  Lawson, Hollander and Norl just flat play ball. Jones and Bonds bring it on defense and see the floor. Duke is silky smooth with a 6'8 wingspan. Barford brings that attitude and can get to the rim against anyone. 

Edited by THEvolunteerstatehoopsGUY

Just for info - not that any list is perfect. However, I put more stock in recruiting services than me, or any CoachT poster. So here is 247 sports lists for 2014,2015,2016 class. I will say that if a player is not on these lists anywhere, he could be a sleeper with talent, but unlikely.

2014 class top recruits: http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Basketball/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=TN

http://hstennessee.scout.com/a.z?s=379&p=9&cfg=bb&c=4&yr=2014

2015 class top recruits: http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/CompositeRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=TN

http://hstennessee.scout.com/a.z?s=379&p=9&cfg=bb&c=4&yr=2015

2016 class top recruits:

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Basketball/CompositeRankings?

InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=TN

http://hstennessee.scout.com/a.z?s=379&p=9&cfg=bb&c=4&yr=2016

Edited by sportsnerd