2013-2014 Tennessee's All Star Team

lookingFORtalent

Just for info - not that any list is perfect. However, I put more stock in recruiting services than me, or any CoachT poster. So here is 247 sports lists for 2014,2015,2016 class. I will say that if a player is not on these lists anywhere, he could be a sleeper with talent, but unlikely.

2014 class top recruits: http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Basketball/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=TN

http://hstennessee.scout.com/a.z?s=379&p=9&cfg=bb&c=4&yr=2014

2015 class top recruits: http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/CompositeRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=TN

http://hstennessee.scout.com/a.z?s=379&p=9&cfg=bb&c=4&yr=2015

2016 class top recruits:

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Basketball/CompositeRankings?

InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=TN

http://hstennessee.scout.com/a.z?s=379&p=9&cfg=bb&c=4&yr=2016

These recruiting services only show some of the talent. While they try it's impossible to know every good player. Tennessee as I was told by a college coach, has more unknown talent right than other area. For the simple fact that Memphis is the only city with publicity. This Coach was from Memphis also. 

These recruiting services only show some of the talent. While they try it's impossible to know every good player. Tennessee as I was told by a college coach, has more unknown talent right than other area. For the simple fact that Memphis is the only city with publicity. This Coach was from Memphis also. 

I don't disagree, but there are not as many great players as fans think there are compared to the top players. Everyone thinks their hometown star is the next MJ, but you have to look at the competition, and college scouts know a lot more than I do, or the average fan. 20 pts. per game in HS is a fine local accomplishment, but it doesn't make a player great.

For example, Bonds at CPA has never been about scoring, but he is a great defender, makes CPA's system work, and has an incredible assist record. Against Louisville bound and top rated player in KY, Quinten Snider of Ballard, last weekend Bonds outscored and outplayed him. I do agree there are always sleepers, but weak HS competition makes some players look better than they are.

I don't disagree, but there are not as many great players as fans think there are compared to the top players. Everyone thinks their hometown star is the next MJ, but you have to look at the competition, and college scouts know a lot more than I do, or the average fan. 20 pts. per game in HS is a fine local accomplishment, but it doesn't make a player great.

For example, Bonds at CPA has never been about scoring, but he is a great defender, makes CPA's system work, and has an incredible assist record. Against Louisville bound and top rated player in KY, Quinten Snider of Ballard, last weekend Bonds outscored and outplayed him. I do agree there are always sleepers, but weak HS competition makes some players look better than they are.

Totally Agree with you. Hendley is the only player i haven't seen on the travel circuit. I've saw Terry Holt put up 32 vs Team Final in Orlando. I actually watched him score 27 against Leron Black their freshman year in Memphis.  Bonds is better in travel ball than at CPA. Blackwell's size and skill is remarkable and puts up numbers on all levels. Hollander already has an offer from Belmont. Barford isn't mentioned on 247 but is on ESPN.  Duke has a offer from Kennesaw St. I could on but you get my point. The recruiting companies miss some and usually cater to the coaches who are in their ears about their players.  Nothing against that.

I agree you have to look at the competition not much can be evaluated with Bonds and Blackwell when they are blowing out teams by 40 points every game. But I watched them play AAU together along side Norl, Rivers, Barford, Allsmiller, Schumpert, London and other great talent from Tennesse and they, as well as everyone else elevate there game when the competition is stiff. They all can play against the best compition in the country and proved it by beating countless nationally ranked top 25 teams. Norl and Barford both are not on 247 but I can tell you that between the both of them they probably had over 30 D1 programms interested in them throughout the AAU circuit. 247 gets it wrong more then they get it right with anyone outside of the top 100

I agree you have to look at the competition not much can be evaluated with Bonds and Blackwell when they are blowing out teams by 40 points every game. But I watched them play AAU together along side Norl, Rivers, Barford, Allsmiller, Schumpert, London and other great talent from Tennesse and they, as well as everyone else elevate there game when the competition is stiff. They all can play against the best compition in the country and proved it by beating countless nationally ranked top 25 teams. Norl and Barford both are not on 247 but I can tell you that between the both of them they probably had over 30 D1 programms interested in them throughout the AAU circuit. 247 gets it wrong more then they get it right with anyone outside of the top 100

That's true.

Clay hertel DCA

Jacob Williams Wilson Central

Kyle Oliver Oakland

Smryna has a 6'10 center that can play too.

Juan Jennings Blackman

Jennings and Oliver will go to college for football.  They are solid basketball players. 
Kid at Smyrna is tall still developing on offensive end. Williams and Hertel both put up numbers
It's a lot of talent in the state right now. The most in a long time.