9AA District Tournament

NeWbLuE

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth gets the win in the first game Vs White House. They will play the winner of 

Sycamore Vs Westmoreland  Thursday night will be a good one. They split the season games by 7-8 points each time. So its down to who comes to play.

Good luck.  I wouldn't want Harpeth...they are playing really good here at the end of the season.

Wow....the first upset of the Tournament. #3 seed Westmoreland is one and DONE. Upset by a scrappy and hot shooting Sycamore.

Shocking in my eyes. White got points....but was had a cold shooting night,  in the end I believe that hurt Westy. Sycamores defense and rebounding was spot on. It was a good game. Sycamore was able to get the lead early and westmoreland had no answer.

Onward....Heritage vs Greenbrier tonight.  Who ya got.

Championship game will be :

Harpeth

vs

Cheatham County.

3rd place:

WHHeritage

vs

Sycamore.

both games tonight were pretty much won in the 1st qt. Heritage made a small run in the 3rd but could not catch the more talented Cheatham. 

Sycamore was hit by a storm from the get go. Harpeth will give Cheatham all they want if they play like they did tonight. 

Correct me if I am wrong.  2-18-14 @ vol-state. 6:30 consolation game.

8:30 Championship.

I heard that the Cheatham vs Harpeth District Championship Game is to be aired on MYTV30 Tuesday Night-that is awesome for these kids! Harpeth has been playing well lately and as I have said since summer they are certainly capable of testing the Cubs. Should be a good game on Tuesday. Been fun on coacht this year-really enjoyed the banter with the Heritage fans. I have to give your team some credit-excellent post player in Cunningham and some scrappy guards who are fundamentally sound and can shoot it. Lyon played extremely well last night too and they showed some toughness in the 3rd quarter after getting down big. Hard part about stopping Cheatham is that they have 4 guys who can go off on any given night. Darden and Harlan were outstanding last night even though Saunders and Douglas didn't have their typical games. Could be the other way around on Tuesday-any of those 4 can really hurt you. This team is just so much fun to watch and I hope to see them play at least 6 more games! Also want to give some credit to Coach Stuart -he is very humble and always deflects attention from himself, but the guy has done an incredible job in his 1st year as a head coach with all of the personnel losses and not getting the job until early June. 22-0 is a heckuva way to start off your head coaching career. Hope to see a big crowd at Vol St Tuesday. Go Cubs!!

I believe all of us have enjoyed the banter Mumble... I want to say one thing. I believe the mesh that keeps Cheatham together, the one last piece of the puzzle, the dagger in the back if you will. It is #10's(Douglas) workhorse, hard nosed, freak of nature's ability to mix it up inside and find rebound after rebound after rebound. HE finishes that team and makes it tick. It is amazing to watch him. I dont know of many Harpeth people that are here on Coach T. But if you are reading this...THAT is the scouting report you must take to the bank.(it was very frustrating to watch it happen when you are the other team) find a way to keep him off the glass on both ends.  ok done with that.

Region 5:

Champion of Dist 9 will most likely be playing MLK.

Runner Up will be playing David Lipscomb.

3rd:  ehhh this is where it gets harder. but here goes. East Nash.

4th: Pearl Cohn: 

Are you kidding?  There's zero surprises between the Cheatham County schools by now.  They start playing competitive basketball school vs school in 4th grade.  By the time these Harpeth, Cheatham and Sycamore kids are seniors they have played each other at least 18 times not including post season and summer camps.  Some of them even play AAU ball together.  They typically get each other's best shot.