meigs girls basketball

missingthosetigers

Take nothing away from Grace they had a good game plan and played hard deserved the win but Meigs biggest weakness showed itself COACHING. Why no zone when Grace scoring 90% in the paint. why pull scorer last half to replace with someone Grace did not even guard due to lack of scoring ability. Not meaning any disrespect for her great hustle and good defender but this allowed Grace to clog the middle basically we played 4 on 5 on offense. Hopefully he wakes up girls deserve better.

Take nothing away from Grace they had a good game plan and played hard deserved the win but Meigs biggest weakness showed itself COACHING. Why no zone when Grace scoring 90% in the paint. why pull scorer last half to replace with someone Grace did not even guard due to lack of scoring ability. Not meaning any disrespect for her great hustle and good defender but this allowed Grace to clog the middle basically we played 4 on 5 on offense. Hopefully he wakes up girls deserve better.

Might be the first post I've ever seen on here that is knocking JP. Maybe you just stated the answer as to why the other girl came in! Hustle and defense. JP has done some great things at Meigs and could probably go elsewhere if he chose to. I would definitely not be criticizing his coaching if I were a Meigs fan. He does a great job!

I think the meigs coach has done a great job this year. That loss was only there 3rd of the year and they have been highly ranked all year. It did get a little ugly after the game in the way they handled the lose. Great game though the girls on both side played there guts out and were spent after the game physically and emotionally.

Well unfortunately you didn't watch the same game I did. And what do you mean we played 4 on 5? That's ridiculous I don't think anyone that was there would deny that our girls were a little flat the first half and Grace played with a lot more intensity than games past. Its a shame that a team loses 3 games and some idiot blames the coach. Their is a lot of teams that would have loved to just have lost 3 GAMES. And if you have a problem with COACHING find another team to watch. IMO if you sign up to play for any coach you play for that coach regardless what happens. Its easy to coach from the stands--we all do it-- but do it to yourself. Grace had a good night and we didn't that's the short of it but to blame it on one kid is ridiculous. REMEMBER ITS A TEAM SPORT. And anyone that was there also realizes that what the coach was dealing with while the game was going on was enough to distract anyone.

Well unfortunately you didn't watch the same game I did. And what do you mean we played 4 on 5? That's ridiculous I don't think anyone that was there would deny that our girls were a little flat the first half and Grace played with a lot more intensity than games past. Its a shame that a team loses 3 games and some idiot blames the coach. Their is a lot of teams that would have loved to just have lost 3 GAMES. And if you have a problem with COACHING find another team to watch. IMO if you sign up to play for any coach you play for that coach regardless what happens. Its easy to coach from the stands--we all do it-- but do it to yourself. Grace had a good night and we didn't that's the short of it but to blame it on one kid is ridiculous. REMEMBER ITS A TEAM SPORT. And anyone that was there also realizes that what the coach was dealing with while the game was going on was enough to distract anyone.

Great post. As you mentioned Meigs came out flat. Obviously as a coach, you can't teach heart and determination. That is something that comes from within. And all players and teams have to deal with it. Sometimes you can play through it and sometimes you cannot. Meigs could not overcome this problem in this game. And playing flat is contagious. That's when all the girls have to come together, look at themselves as a team, and make sure it doesn't happen again.