7A

TNbaseball2014

Roger Webb clocked the Pickett boy at 81 to 82 in the 3rd inning on Friday againts Onedia. Pickett had 8 errors on the game and gave up 3 earned runs. I didn't see any of the games on Saturday due to work, but the boy from Onedia, number 13 that pitched threw around the 80's and so did the boy from Pickett according to Webb's radar gun.

CHS is still smiling with a 12-5 record and a 4-2 district record. This is a young team that will only lose 2 Seniors (one DH's and one base runs) next year. We have a couple strong Jr. pitchers, a really strong Soph.and Freshman pitcher and 3 or 4 more good pitchers that have a lot of potential over the next few seasons. This group of young men play as a team, no prima donnas; everyone has everyone's back. They left the Classic 2-1,coming in 3rd place behind York (a double AA school with over 600 students vs CHS' s barely 275 enrollment) and Oneida, a truly respectable baseball program/team with some phenomenon older and more experienced athletes. Good luck to all in the upcoming weeks, it's almost Tournament time.

Clarkrange not playine anyone that strong right now and not facing a lot of strong pitching will hurt them late in the season, and I'm not talking about just district tournament.  If Clarkrange does win this district, which it looks like they might, they'll face an 8a team in Trousdale County, Gordonsville, or Watertown.  Outside York, Oneida, Meigs Clarkrange has not played anyone that strong.  Look at the 3 8a teams I listed schedules, most of them have multiple AA teams they play not to mention having to play Goodpasture twice.  I say this because the pitching Clarkrange has faced so far isn't as strong as some of those teams I listed has faced, and what's going to happen come region time if you all win 7a is you're going to end up in the first round of the region and be completely shocked that the bats didn't show up as well as you think they should have.  That 13-5 record looks good right now, but you might have benefited more by a 9-9 or 8-10 record and added Livingston Academy, Upperman, and Cookeville to the schedule. 

Clarkrange played Knox west three times and Livingston twice this weekend just to get ready for tournament time. Few players responded to the better pitching and by fourth game had 7-8 hits and 11 in last game losing 6-5 on error. So they are doing the necessary things to get ready. Record is now 13-10. With 3 games against AAA schools and 5 against AA schools just to prepare.

It dosent matter who you play and who you beat or lose to in baseball! Just because a team is AA or AAA dose not mean they have better pitching, it just means they are a bigger school body. Any team can beat any other team on any giving day. What helps is to have experience and good team chemistry. Clarkrange is a great young team that has 3 good freshman players. Every win they have has been earned. You can't take that from them.