Science Hill 2014-2015

BAma enjoy your AA crown. Don't gloat... Bad form. If Betsy doesn't beat SH next year it would be a total let down for them. They are in the way up and SH will have fell off the talent cliff from where they have been. Betsy didn't want to play when they both were good so it's no surprise they will play now that SH is not going to be as good as they have been. Sporty... SH would have given Blackman a good game. They had the size of Mt Juliet but better guard play. I do not know if they would have won but it would have been a really good game. Too bad one man can ruin the goals for a bunch girls who worked hard all season.

EHS and Science Hill did play early in the season last year and Science Hill won 60-37 but before that the last time EHS played Science Hill was in 08 and Elizabethton won that game 51-36 so who did not want to play who?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bite. Betsy will only play when they feel they can win. Not play to get better. In 08 elizabethton shot over 30 free throws to SH low teens. I know because I was there. They did not play after that because SH turned toward the upswing in talent while Betsy dropped in talent. Now that Betsy is loaded they want to play. Len wants to look good instead of truly testing his players. If he does he would have put them up against some nationally ranked teams this year. What does it matter if you roll into the glass house with 4 or 5 or 6 losses as long as you win it all? At least when SH was on the national scene they went And played National talent. This is not a knock onBetsy bc I love when anyone from around can beat the middle tn juggernauts. It is just a fact. Check their schede this year. Yes there is some GOOD teams but not GREAT teams on it. Those girls deserve a chance to compete against the best because they can get it done. I think you could have a 3 peat. But why not see just how truly good you can be against other reall really good teams?

I'll bite. Betsy will only play when they feel they can win. Not play to get better. In 08 elizabethton shot over 30 free throws to SH low teens. I know because I was there. They did not play after that because SH turned toward the upswing in talent while Betsy dropped in talent. Now that Betsy is loaded they want to play. Len wants to look good instead of truly testing his players. If he does he would have put them up against some nationally ranked teams this year. What does it matter if you roll into the glass house with 4 or 5 or 6 losses as long as you win it all? At least when SH was on the national scene they went And played National talent. This is not a knock onBetsy bc I love when anyone from around can beat the middle tn juggernauts. It is just a fact. Check their schede this year. Yes there is some GOOD teams but not GREAT teams on it. Those girls deserve a chance to compete against the best because they can get it done. I think you could have a 3 peat. But why not see just how truly good you can be against other reall really good teams?

Whatever the reasons (and there are likely multiple) EHS didn't play SH for a while, to suggest Coach Dugger won't play good competition or challenge his players because he wants to look good is ridiculous. The schedule is largely defined by the district schedule. After that a home and away game with both Hampton (a long-time local rivalry) and SH are planned. The Lady Cyclones will participate in the Roundball at the Hall event. Other than that there are two tournaments, i.e. the local HV tournament and an invitational in SC with quality teams. By the way, the Lady Cyclones have played in the Dorman Tournament in SC (some of the best teams in NC, SC and GA) the past two seasons. To play nationally ranked teams typically requires getting into a tournament where these teams are playing. That is difficult for a school the size of EHS. This requires significant funds to finance these trips as well.

• 2 weeks later...

You can say what you want about playing good teams, SH was the only team in TN to beat Elizabethton, there was no one else in TN to play. They beat the greatest team ever Grainger County who was ranked number one all year by over twenty points and lead every team at State by 20. The 4A SC team Dorman that beat them by 2, were SC state runnerups and they beat SE Raliegh a 4A NC final 4 team. Even the Elizabethton JV team handled Science Hill very easy so I guess we can look forward to them playing for a while.

Thats the point DA ... They only play when they can win, but your young arrogant mind doesn't seem to grasp the concept. They could play anyone because they make their schedule but choose not to. This they stepped it up a tiny bit but should have made harder. I still they win it all this year and next for that matter. They go down as they greatest AA team in our area.

Elizabethton 9-0 won 70-49 Cumberland Co 8-2 looked like a good team. undisciplined though they got frustrated they havent seen a team that press like Elizabethton did or break a press. They had to foul a lot. All starters had 4 by the end. Elizabethton blocked more shots to count. Held their best player to 8, she makes 24 or more a game. How they can not rank Elizabethton #1 in the state is beyond me.