District 8AAA

BlessedHope

Wow you are fired up about this. Let's take a moment to correctly preform proper syntax and spelling. Now that that is over. There is always more than one way to skin a cat, but these coaches are taking the knife and cutting the cat right in half. No pitchers that throw over 80? There were 4 pitchers that threw over 80. Two district starters had sub 2 ERA's if I looked at that correctly. Mind you this is without a pitching coach so thank you to the travel coaches for helping us there.

• Upvote 1

The real job of the coaches, in this modernized style that baseball is being played, is to control the mental elements of the game. I personally know both Beasley and Hartsfield, and they are both unable to be good managers of a team that is overflowing with talent. Beasley should have stopped coaching after little league, and Hartsfield isn't his father and shouldn't have the team. Lawrence County shouldn't be playing single and double A teams as long as they do. The selection of game day lineups is horrible. For some reason, we choose to play people that we know cannot produce, as we have seen from the past. The defensive positioning is outrageous- kids are absolutely not where they need to be, pitching at sometimes can be ridiculous (putting a player that hasn't played since freshmen year into a game time situation), we still are practicing sliding halfway through the season, which resulted in a season ending injury (thanks, Beasley), the players are making mental mistakes that are a direct result from the coaching, and we have found ourselves two and done in the district. This is pathetic. We have to sit and watch Columbia and Tullahoma produce and compete each year, while we're hardly getting into the tournament. If we- the community and the administration- would put have the energy and time that we do into our "God-given" football and basketball teams (that we can't compete in) we might actually have a chance at producing to the level of potential that our baseball team has, but we won't. If you need proof, look at our summer programs.

What's wrong with playing single a and double a teams?

How did kid get hurt?

Are we just a little bit upset with playing time? Hmmm

LC didn't have anyone who threw over 80. If they had as "much talent as anyone in the state" they would have more than one guy going on to play college ball. Being displeased with coach is one thing, over evaluating talent is another

Another incorrect assumption. There are multiple pitchers on this staff that throw over 80. I don't think we're evaluating the same team if you think only one of these kids are going on to play college. That's and unjustified claim on your part. This team has plenty of talent that seems to be evading your eye.

" The real job of the coaches, in this modernized style that baseball is being played, is to control the mental elements of the game. I personally know both Beasley and Hartsfield, and they are both unable to be good managers of a team that is overflowing with talent. "

Modernize style of baseball being played. Throwing, catching, hitting. Man game has changed a lot. Only deference is parents of children can now tAke kids to travel coaches who are being paid to tell mom or dad and kids how great they are. So when lonely underpaid overworked high school coaches get there kids. They are complety and totally disregarded because they are just high school coaches. More then one way to hit. More then one way to position players. U don't have to agree. Because they are on a team. Team a word that u obviously have never heard before. Last time I checked NOBODY HAS TO PLAY HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL. Since u can go to collage on GRADES and travel ball

The main difference of this of this game that is being played today and the game that you're referencing is that this game has evolved from the 1930s. I don't agree with them because they are producing a result that is extremely below par. Quit complaining about the coaches being underpaid because they can choose not to coach. I'm just trying to fight for a coach that not only the kids deserve, but also a coach that deserves to coach these kids, because the ones that we have now aren't cutting it.

Edited by anonymouswildcat

What's wrong with playing single a and double a teams?

How did kid get hurt?

Are we just a little bit upset with playing time? Hmmm

There isn't any wrong with playing single a teams like Summertown, because they play like a well organized ball club. But the problem is that we aren't either a single a or double a team. The teams in our district just happen to also be triple a teams. Look at the teams Tullahoma and Columbia play, and they don't go 2 and out in the district. Playing time isn't an issue with me, on the other hand, winning baseball games is.

There isn't any wrong with playing single a teams like Summertown, because they play like a well organized ball club. But the problem is that we aren't either a single a or double a team. The teams in our district just happen to also be triple a teams. Look at the teams Tullahoma and Columbia play, and they don't go 2 and out in the district. Playing time isn't an issue with me, on the other hand, winning baseball games is.

It's the golden rule

Dads want there kids to play,..

Dads want there kids to play all the time and win...

U sound just like every other daddy on here complaining about a coach. The coaches could be a lot. And I mean a lot worse. If u don't think so just look around.

It's the golden rule

U sound just like every other daddy on here complaining about a coach. The coaches could be a lot. And I mean a lot worse. If u don't think so just look around.

These are bold claims. I don't feel like you had an adequate sample size for judging on this topic at all.

Edited by BlessedHope

It's the golden rule

And you sir sound like the daddy of these lost coaches. This is about the future of the student athletes, and not the future of the mediocre coaches. Mediocre being a very nice claim describing these lackluster leaders.

Lol;)

Well then u seem to know all reasons for coaching failures. Pretty bold as well.

Edited by catbyanyothername