Tennessean All-Midstate wrestling

BoroRef

Love Hagey! Not sure he would win best 3 out of five against undefeated Kennedy... Congrats though and very proud of that 152 as well!!!!

It's difficult to tell who would win when they never wrestle. It's hard to fathom that the 2 schools are no more than 45 minutes from each other and for whatever reason they never competed against one another. The only discrepancy that I noticed was when two wrestlers split there was no consistency with the selection process. One time Maurice selected the wrestler that won the last match and the next time he selected the wrestler that won the 1st match. As a fan you have to scratch your head and ask where the part about being consistent with the selections was lost. With the probable complete split between D1 & D2 in the future I see the selection process being even more subjective as teams will not ever compete against one another. I was told the other day that the schedule for Father Ryan will take them to Cleveland, Cincinnati Moeller, Bradley, PowerAde in Pittsburgh PA, Indiana & possibly Illinois. Other than the Father Ryan invitational or dual matches they will never be in town to wrestle the local teams. FR could have a wrestler with a record of 30-9 and the kid wins a state championship but due to a monster schedule he is not selected to the local "Dream Team" or All Area Team. Records are deceiving and you must examine not only the losses a wrestler may have incurred but who have they beat that is considered a legitimate good wrestler. I fully understand that you don't want to punish a wrestler for wrestling a weak schedule that he has no control over but you also don't want to punish a wrestler because his coach is seeking out the best competition with a killer schedule.

It's difficult to tell who would win when they never wrestle. It's hard to fathom that the 2 schools are no more than 45 minutes from each other and for whatever reason they never competed against one another. The only discrepancy that I noticed was when two wrestlers split there was no consistency with the selection process. One time Maurice selected the wrestler that won the last match and the next time he selected the wrestler that won the 1st match. As a fan you have to scratch your head and ask where the part about being consistent with the selections was lost. With the probable complete split between D1 & D2 in the future I see the selection process being even more subjective as teams will not ever compete against one another. I was told the other day that the schedule for Father Ryan will take them to Cleveland, Cincinnati Moeller, Bradley, PowerAde in Pittsburgh PA, Indiana & possibly Illinois. Other than the Father Ryan invitational or dual matches they will never be in town to wrestle the local teams. FR could have a wrestler with a record of 30-9 and the kid wins a state championship but due to a monster schedule he is not selected to the local "Dream Team" or All Area Team. Records are deceiving and you must examine not only the losses a wrestler may have incurred but who have they beat that is considered a legitimate good wrestler. I fully understand that you don't want to punish a wrestler for wrestling a weak schedule that he has no control over but you also don't want to punish a wrestler because his coach is seeking out the best competition with a killer schedule.

Are you trying to say Riverdale does not wrestle in the tuff tournament's. It sure does look like that's what you are trying to say.

Are you trying to say Riverdale does not wrestle in the tuff tournament's. It sure does look like that's what you are trying to say.

The only thing that I am saying is that it's very subjective when selecting one wrestler over another if they never wrestle. Style and matchups make a big difference when you have two talented athletes. As far as the strength of schedule that Riverdale wrestles I don't know anything about their schedule. If you have the time you may want to post the Riverdale schedule as it would be interesting to compare it with other teams schedules.

Another topic that I hit upon was when two (2) wrestlers split during the season most people select the wrestler that won the last match. Maurice did both by selecting the wrestler that won the first match in one weight classification and then he selected the wrestler that won the last match in another weight classification. The selection criteria seems to be inconsistent at best.

• Upvote 1

He doesn't have to say it.  Riverdale's schedule isnt as tough as FR, McCallie, Baylor, MBA, Cleveland, Bradley, Soddy, etc.

They have some really good wrestlers though.

• Upvote 1