Examiners 5A Spring Top 10

HighLife

.EHam lost the core of their team...the qb, wideouts,the anchor of their defense and TRE HERNDON...they still will be solid this season with the pieces they have added...If you look at last years preseason top 10, Cleveland was not in it....go figure :popcorneater:

Ooltewah and Cleveland lost the core of their respective teams.

Ooltewah lost their QB, RB, best Wideout, the anchor of their defense, and multiple offensive lineman.

Cleveland lost their QB, Wideouts, and nearly everyone on defense.

What's the difference?

it's because of what EHam lost...who do you have from last season that will top the studs you lost..you know what Owls got coming back...and thats why I feel real good...

I've already told you who EH has coming back multiple times.  That's why I'm wondering why they're not in the top 10.  EH has more players coming back with playing experience than Cleveland and probably as many as Ooltewah.

Ooltewah has no one to replace Pittman.  You couldn't win big games without him last year.  Who is going to replace Binder?  Williams?  Nearly your entire offensive line?  Strickland?

:?:  :blink:

No offense to the Blue Raiders or Roadrunners at all, but I think Stewart has Cleveland and Ridgeway ranked a little too high. Hillsboro and Memphis East should both be in the Top 5, and I would have to bump these two teams down to make this happen.

I agree with u. East and Hillsboro are Top 5 teams in this class any way u slice it, especially with all the talent coming back on both teams

Ooltewah and Cleveland lost the core of their respective teams.

Ooltewah lost their QB, RB, best Wideout, the anchor of their defense, and multiple offensive lineman.

Cleveland lost their QB, Wideouts, and nearly everyone on defense.

What's the difference?

I've already told you who EH has coming back multiple times.  That's why I'm wondering why they're not in the top 10.  EH has more players coming back with playing experience than Cleveland and probably as many as Ooltewah.

Ooltewah has no one to replace Pittman.  You couldn't win big games without him last year.  Who is going to replace Binder?  Williams?  Nearly your entire offensive line?  Strickland?

:?:  :blink:

Who will replace the twins??

Who will replace Moore???

Who will replace Gatewood??

Who will replace Herndon ?? He beat Cleveland and Signal by himself.

Who wil replace your rb??

Don't worry..you will be right in the mix sir. Remember they left Cleveland out and they went to the semis.

Who will replace the twins??

Who will replace Moore???

Who will replace Gatewood??

Who will replace Herndon ?? He beat Cleveland and Signal by himself.

Who wil replace your rb??

Don't worry..you will be right in the mix sir. Remember they left Cleveland out and they went to the semis.

Too many to name in line to replace the Francois brothers.  Interesting to note that the twin that played defense didn't even start all year, yet he's somehow "irreplaceable" according to you.  :blink:

Nick Woods will replace Hunter Moore.  His brothers were all-star QB's at Ooltewah.  I bet your Owl fandom doesn't go back that far though.  You seem like new blood.

Several kids with starting and playing experience in line to replace Gatewood.  Hembree, Campbell, Smith, Sanders, Campo are a few names vying.  All played last year (and not in junk time) and at least 4 of them started a few games.

Martez Durrah will replace Tre Herndon.  Started opposite #21 last year.  Ran in the 11.6-7 second range in the 100 meters this spring. 6'2, 185 lbs.

Check him out:

Also, what does it say about Cleveland and Signal that they can be beaten by one player?  I think Tre would tell you otherwise about him beating them single-handedly.  You have to have people blocking for you.

We aren't losing any running backs.  Whiteside, Milita, Henderson, Massengill are a few names that will get a shot at RB.

Any other questions?   :D

Now it's your turn.  There is a reason you aren't divulging any names.  It's because you really can't answer all of the questions your team has.  LOL!  

Cleveland lost a bunch of folks, especially on offense. They have two really good RB's coming back, so we will see. It sounds like everybody in the district will be rebuilding (I'm not sure about McMinn Co?)

Cleveland lost one player off it's O-line. Yes, lost QB and two main wideouts. They return their running game with the addition of a more mobile QB. Center of the defense gone, but the rest remains. May not look exactly like last year, but confidence is high in the athleticism and versatility in this group. They'll find ways to get the job done.

Cleveland lost one player off it's O-line. Yes, lost QB and two main wideouts. They return their running game with the addition of a more mobile QB. Center of the defense gone, but the rest remains. May not look exactly like last year, but confidence is high in the athleticism and versatility in this group. They'll find ways to get the job done.

Is that called the Bradley County Two-Step or the Cleveland Waltz?

You're dancing all around the fact that Cleveland lost nearly EVERYONE on defense. Are your starting RB's still going to start at Safety? Who will replace DJ and Tyler Davis in the speed, stretch the defense department?

You're dancing all around the fact that Cleveland lost nearly EVERYONE on defense. Are your starting RB's still going to start at Safety? Who will replace DJ and Tyler Davis in the speed, stretch the defense department?

Hiliker, Beaty and Rod Dennard will replace. All are over 6'2 hiliker is a track star, beaty is a basketball guy whom can jump out of the gym. Dennard saw playing time last year. All the speed is there. Only thing these guys are lacking are experience. They lose 1 lineman. Both stud rbs back and add massey whom might as well be a rb in his own right. They will not pass as much as last year but is gonna throw alot of screens and run it to death. The only question marks are the defense. The offense is stacked. Also ad a few transfers from mcminn cty

Hiliker, Beaty and Rod Dennard will replace. All are over 6'2 hiliker is a track star, beaty is a basketball guy whom can jump out of the gym. Dennard saw playing time last year. All the speed is there. Only thing these guys are lacking are experience. They lose 1 lineman. Both stud rbs back and add massey whom might as well be a rb in his own right. They will not pass as much as last year but is gonna throw alot of screens and run it to death. The only question marks are the defense. The offense is stacked. Also ad a few transfers from mcminn cty

You're talking about the same Rod Dennard that played OLB for Cleveland last year while Massey was hurt? Linebacker to Wide Receiver... :blink: And you're trying to convince me that "All the speed is there"?

Come on, man!

If you're expecting Cleveland to try and replicate the exact offense and defense they had last year, it would be obvious that the losses would be a challenge.  However, the personnel will dictate the style of play.  Every school loses key players, but every school adapts with the personnel they have.

Davis and Jones consumed the play time and the limelight because they served their purposes well.  The guys behind them were not a step down when they subbed for them, and there will be good hands and fleet feet waiting to fill the roles.  Several track guys and athletes are ready to step up...and will.