A-AA West Tennessee

soccerfreak92

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never said it was your fault. I just believe those power lines should eliminate that field as acceptable for play-offs....that and the sand pits in front of both goals. The presence of those power lines is just completely unacceptable. Those lines have too much influence on keeper punts and goal kicks. There is no Football coach that would allow that field to be used and Soccer in West TN should not have to accept sub-par fields either if we expect to compete with the rest of the State.

The sand will be gone by next year and we can't do anything about the power lines

So we have Lexington/Crockett and Northside/Madison. I'm gonna go with the substate games being Lexington @ Northside (who have played twice this year) and Madison @ Crockett. My picks for the two state berths are Northside as I can see Madison/Crockett going either way 50/50

I agree with Northside.  Crockett wants it bad and has an on fire and very, very fit team that just never stops so I have to go with Crockett. 

Edited by JOE23

I agree with Northside.  Crockett wants it bad and has an on fire and very, very fit team that just never stops so I have to go with Crockett. 

Do you play or are you a parent/fan? I've seen Crockett play 3 times this year (vs SGC season, district semi vs Westview, and district final vs Dyersburg.) The Westview first half was not the best Crockett by a long shot. However the other two, vs SGC/D-burg, they played very well overall and capitalized on mistakes and weakness of the other team, cause both those games weren't SGC or D-burgs best games. Madison is a good team that can fight back. I saw them play their first game of the season at SGC were the Hornets took a one zero led 4 minutes in then Madison scored two 2nd half goals to win it, Wamba didn't score either goal so both teams have multiple players that can score. Wamba and Beni know each other from Wolves and are arguably the main players but both have other players capable of scoring under pressure, Hancock for Crockett and Tomlin for Madison (plus others i don't know by name). If i had to pick a team to win I would go with Crockett, but its gonna be a fight.

The lone goal in the Lexington-Dyersburg semifinal was an own goal. Lexington sent in a corner that was low and bounced off a Trojan defender's calf into the net. Surprised there weren't more goals from this game. Gotta be a tough way to end your season, Dyersburg had a few seniors, but a freshman goalie

Do you play or are you a parent/fan? I've seen Crockett play 3 times this year (vs SGC season, district semi vs Westview, and district final vs Dyersburg.) The Westview first half was not the best Crockett by a long shot. However the other two, vs SGC/D-burg, they played very well overall and capitalized on mistakes and weakness of the other team, cause both those games weren't SGC or D-burgs best games. Madison is a good team that can fight back. I saw them play their first game of the season at SGC were the Hornets took a one zero led 4 minutes in then Madison scored two 2nd half goals to win it, Wamba didn't score either goal so both teams have multiple players that can score. Wamba and Beni know each other from Wolves and are arguably the main players but both have other players capable of scoring under pressure, Hancock for Crockett and Tomlin for Madison (plus others i don't know by name). If i had to pick a team to win I would go with Crockett, but its gonna be a fight.

I am a parent/fan.  My youngest son played wolves with Tomlin and Mel and a couple others.  I haven't seen Madison play this year...just familiar with the players.  I probably just want it for Crockett because they have never been before.

Edited by JOE23

The lone goal in the Lexington-Dyersburg semifinal was an own goal. Lexington sent in a corner that was low and bounced off a Trojan defender's calf into the net. Surprised there weren't more goals from this game. Gotta be a tough way to end your season, Dyersburg had a few seniors, but a freshman goalie

yeah...our senior center back was out with an ankle sprain then our senior midfielder (who had the own goal) went down half way through the 2nd half with prolly an ACL injury he has been trying to get all season.  Lexington was the right winner though.  They came to play and we did not.  Our Freshman goalie made all-district and has had a great season.

yeah...our senior center back was out with an ankle sprain then our senior midfielder (who had the own goal) went down half way through the 2nd half with prolly an ACL injury he has been trying to get all season. Lexington was the right winner though. They came to play and we did not. Our Freshman goalie made all-district and has had a great season.

The center back was the one that got hurt vs SGC right? I was going for D-Burg in this. Disappointed that they're out. Will be a hard team to score on next year.

yeah...our senior center back was out with an ankle sprain then our senior midfielder (who had the own goal) went down half way through the 2nd half with prolly an ACL injury he has been trying to get all season. Lexington was the right winner though. They came to play and we did not. Our Freshman goalie made all-district and has had a great season.

The center back was the one that got hurt vs SGC right? I was going for D-Burg in this. Disappointed that they're out. Will be a hard team to score on next year.

yes, he twisted it pretty bad in the SGC game.