McNairy Central Football 2014

Sound like a Adamsville recruiter. Typical.

Adamsville is wanting to end the series because they know their run is about to an end. The recruiting is about to be stopped and they will have to survive on Adamsville players and not cherry-picking the best junior high players in the county.

I do know the coach was ejected while talking to his players. The officials blew the call, then compounded their error with two more mistakes.

Adamsville will always have a 'little brother' complex when it comes to MCHS.

Well at least the conversation is started and maybe the truth behind all this can finally come out.  As to address recruiting, having relatives that have been in both county schools athletic programs I can truly say that there isn't a better opportunity for us as a county to show that we have something very special here.  The ability to put on such an event and have it be a positive for both schools doesn't come around often and when it does we should embrace that opportunity and use it to not only be examples to students but as how to live in some type of harmony.  The only recruiting that should be done  is for us to try to put on a show of unity....it was United Way night...and try to show people what a great place this could be to start a business or live.  So if you identify me as a recruiter then I guess I am, just hope its on a larger scale than HIGH SCHOOL football.

As for the bad officiating.....there were penalties against both teams, some correct and some incorrect but that's part of the game and you deal with it and move on.  Seems the Adamsville staff handled that a little better.  The biggest think to realize is that the officiating crew will be working this Friday.....Coach Hodge will be suspended.

As for the little brother complex...usually the smaller school does have more to prove, just like the little brother.  After 20 years of slaughter and being non-competitive I can understand why Adamsville is proud of what they have accomplished against big brother.  After 20 yrs. one could expect 1 upset..fluke play or something.  Two years in a row could be considered a "bump" in the road.  When you get to 5 or 6 straight I'd say the tide has turned, so commend Coach Gray and his staff on doing a great job and being a positive reflection on the good things going on in McNairy County. 

Just hope that his lesson will go much further than the football field.

well said longtime fan.

1 anyone could pull off

2 oops we let it happen again

3 is a trend

4 oh crap they are for real

5 what is big brother doing wrong

6 panic panic

I'm just saying that if it were my kid I would rather him play for a quality 4A or 5A school rather than a 1A or 2A school! CCHS is building a program at the 4A level!!!

hard to build a quality 4a program when u are continually beaten or taken to the wire by 2a schools. next year cc and mchs should combine and make an 8a squad maybe then yall can beat aville and get some closure. idk though would prob be a close game, could go either way.

wow this tread is funny. mchs was once a good football school. as far as the recruiting goes who cares it is open enrollment. if you win the best players will come there. oh and as far as losing to a 2a school the ville is one of the best around this area. good luck in the future both progams

Hey man, Chester Co is doing great this year!!

A few thoughts after reading this thread...

Can someone explain why discontinuing this series is a good idea? Adamsville took beatings for 20+ years from the Bobcats. Did people in Selmer really think that they would dominate (look at the scores, they not only won they dominated) forever? Sports change. Coaches come and go, players graduate, and eventually things shift. Eventually, the tides will turn back in McNairy's favor. I really hope people from Adamsville aren't ignorant enough to think that the tides have turned forever in this series. I have heard people on both sides say that Adamsville-McNairy isn't even a rivalry anymore because Adamsville has dominated in the past few years. They weren't screaming that when McNairy was dominating. That's absolutely insane. That crowd doesn't show up if they "aren't rivals" and the emotion you saw doesn't come out if "they aren't rivals". That's like saying Tennessee-Florida or Tennessee-Alabama aren't rivals because Tennessee hasn't been competitive in recent history in those series. In my opinion, everyone in the situation needs to step back and chill out. People in Adamsville need to soak up what this program has accomplished in recent years and enjoy it while it's happening, because it won't last forever. Quit being so sensitive about people screaming that Adamsville recruits... This is an open enrollment county. That's the bottom line, kids can go where they want. People who support McNairy need to step back from crying about "recruiting" and what Adamsville is doing and support their kids and coaching staff. Rome wasn't built in a day, it took time to get the ball rolling for Coach Gray and his staff in Adamsville. I do believe Coach Hodge, IF given time, with his energy and enthusiasm will build McNairy back into a competitive program. I do believe with his comments in his introduction, he has set himself up on a pedastal for people to expect an instant turnaround and I did not like his actions at all on Friday night. Call it what you want, it was an extremely selfish move to be ejected. He has put his entire staff and team in a bind now because he couldn't control his emotions. A head coach cannot act this way, period. I would say the same if it was Coach Gray. The first 15 yard penalty should have been the end of it, let the official know he messed up and move on. I give a lot of credit to officials, there are many who give their best effort. But, they're human and they'll miss a call (some more than others and some way more than others). But that's the game. If you are mentally weak enough to let a bad call phase you enough to be ejected, as a HEAD COACH, how will your team respond? I think there's a reason that we saw the momentum shift for good in that game and McNairy rolled over. They aren't mentally tough enough right now and that starts at the top. With that said, I wish Coach Hodge the best at McNairy. I do believe he is giving a solid effort to turn the program around and if he is given time and continues to put in the energy and effort he has brought into this thing, it will turn around. This county has the athletes to have two quality football programs to support in the fall. Ending this series would be an absolute shame and will not fix anything. People will still complain on both sides about the same things, because the two will still have to exist in the same county. The fact of the matter is, everyone in the situation needs to step back and worry about their own program. Enjoy the ride if you're in Adamsville and start supporting Coach Hodge in Selmer rebuilding McNairy.