RCHS vs. Bradley Scrimmage

Cope1822

The Eagles looked great for the second week in a row, tough hard hitting defense and steady methodical offense. It's just spring and scrimmages mean nothing but it's hard not to get excited about this team with all they have back, especially on the defensive side. Also great to see some new guys out there making their presence felt on the field and showing that they could be big contributers this fall. Rhea was way more physical than both Powell and Bradley and I may be wrong but I believe the Eagles only fumbled once in both scrimmages, can one of you guys confirm that?

Now it's time to move back into the weight room and spend the summer.

Thanks to my buddy Doug your program is making the weight room a priority.

Hey guys.....i'm looking over our schedule next year and having trouble finding anyone who will give us a competitive football game. Any thoughts?

It's still really early but obviously East Hamilton is very talented and will be tuff at home. As far as the district goes White County seems to be well coached and was a play maker away from being really good last year but I'm not sure what they have coming back. Also Cookeville should be much better this year with Gabe Angel transferring in, from what I have heard and read he should be an immediate impact player. We will get a gauge of how good Cookeville is when they come down and play Cleveland in week 3 or 4 I believe.

Yeah, I wouldn't count my chickens just yet...

Although this district is just weaker than those which surround it, you have several teams that will do more than "give you a competitive football game" this season.

Cookeville

Walker Valley

White County

East Hamilton

Red Bank won't be a pushover this year...likely the same for Soddy.

You've obviously had some good scrimmages...but does anyone know how good the teams you scrimmaged really are this spring?  Don't let a little May success cloud your reality.

Yeah, I wouldn't count my chickens just yet...

Although this district is just weaker than those which surround it, you have several teams that will do more than "give you a competitive football game" this season.

Cookeville

Walker Valley

White County

East Hamilton

Red Bank won't be a pushover this year...likely the same for Soddy.

You've obviously had some good scrimmages...but does anyone know how good the teams you scrimmaged really are this spring? Don't let a little May success cloud your reality.

I don't believe that's the case with most folks at Rhea County Checkerboard, we are just talking very early projections. Pride just likes to stir the pot so suckers like yall will get your panties in a wad.

Now to the point, you are correct nobody knows how good the teams that Rhea scrimmaged actually are but its the way they handeled theses teams that have folks excited and I am not making any predictions, but at this point the teams that I mentioned are the teams that seem to be the most dangerous. We all know what district we play in and realize that we will have to beat someone from mighty 5AAA in the playofffs to get any respect but that's OK we can wait. Nobody is counting chickens (or eagles) before they hatch, just an excited fan base that is glad to be back in the hunt again after being down way to long.

I have to agree with RCFan on this one. No one is making predictions, but after having a big turnaround last year and returning a lot of kids this year, the fan base is excited. Nothing wrong with being excited for the season. I think we've improved in a lot of areas from last year and will be a very good team come play off time.