RCHS vs. Bradley Scrimmage

Cope1822

Hey guys.....i'm looking over our schedule next year and having trouble finding anyone who will give us a competitive football game.  Any thoughts? 

:rolleyes: Lot of big games on our schedule, and yes each and everyone of them means something. But make no mistake game #9 for us has been circled...........

Dont get to excited about whipping up on Bradley. They are a very young team and only return 1 skill player that got any significant playing time last year. As far as your schedule goes for next year dont get to far ahead of yourselves because if I remember correctly Walker Valley beat you guys last year. So anyone can sneak up on you.

RC wasn't starting fights they were tired of cheap shots from punk players, happens every time Bradley comes here. Pretty amazing RC had no fights during games in 2013 with the exception of the spring scrimmage against Bradley last year. See a trend CBRF?

RC was so innocent when they threw the TB onto the track after a player was ran out of bounds. I am sure it was an accident.  Just like the RC assistant coach throwing punchs at players. He said it was accidental.  8 to 1 was not the score either. Rhea is definately tough and going to be good but for you to say they do not talk smack, cheap shot, or fight is absurd. Bradley has handed out some pretty good butt kickings to RC the last 4 or 5 years so I understand the hate, however No reason to lie on the computer.

Edited by Achilles

Dont get to excited about whipping up on Bradley. They are a very young team and only return 1 skill player that got any significant playing time last year. As far as your schedule goes for next year dont get to far ahead of yourselves because if I remember correctly Walker Valley beat you guys last year. So anyone can sneak up on you.

Bradley will be fine Burt, I assure you nobody had any problems with the Baylor scrimmage.  There is just alot of excitment coming from RC because they have been down for awhile and the Walker loss hurt their pride a bit. Game planning for the wing t and having officials watching the action will help any opposition when playing RC. They do excute very well with the Catholic coach at the helm. Alot of tough kids will always be ready to fight and that is a compliment to Rhea Co. people. 

I don't believe that's the case with most folks at Rhea County Checkerboard, we are just talking very early projections. Pride just likes to stir the pot so suckers like yall will get your panties in a wad.

Now to the point, you are correct nobody knows how good the teams that Rhea scrimmaged actually are but its the way they handeled theses teams that have folks excited and I am not making any predictions, but at this point the teams that I mentioned are the teams that seem to be the most dangerous. We all know what district we play in and realize that we will have to beat someone from mighty 5AAA in the playofffs to get any respect but that's OK we can wait. Nobody is counting chickens (or eagles) before they hatch, just an excited fan base that is glad to be back in the hunt again after being down way to long.

I'm good...Takes more than that to get me wadded-up.  Like you guys, I'm eager for the season to get on with, and the predictions to get proven or bunked.  Good for RC getting in that new district. It worked out nicely last season...but there's parity coming, and Cookeville will be different this year, for one.  I think you'll handle Cumberland, Coffee, Stone, and Warren...but the rest of the schedule will be a challenge.  

Hope to see y'all in the playoffs again! (means we both did OK in the regular season...)

RC was so innocent when they threw the TB onto the track after a player was ran out of bounds. I am sure it was an accident.  Just like the RC assistant coach throwing punchs at players. He said it was accidental.  8 to 1 was not the score either. Rhea is definately tough and going to be good but for you to say they do not talk smack, cheap shot, or fight is absurd. Bradley has handed out some pretty good butt kickings to RC the last 4 or 5 years so I understand the hate, however No reason to lie on the computer.

You had better not come on a message board accusing a coach of throwing punches without any type of proof. Which we all know you don't have. So some of the kids got irritated and had a little fight, that's ok it happens. However, accusing coaches is reckless so keep it off here.

Also, to everyone telling RC fans to "calm down Bradley isn't very good" what does it matter to you? We have a good ball team, we had a good spring, the boys have obviously improved. That equals to fan excitement. No one said we're a bunch of world beaters. We're excited because this team is going to good this year and I don't think anyone can deny that.

Bradley will be fine Burt, I assure you nobody had any problems with the Baylor scrimmage.  There is just alot of excitment coming from RC because they have been down for awhile and the Walker loss hurt their pride a bit. Game planning for the wing t and having officials watching the action will help any opposition when playing RC. They do excute very well with the Catholic coach at the helm. Alot of tough kids will always be ready to fight and that is a compliment to Rhea Co. people.

I think the WV loss isn't what's on their mind. It's how they improve to get past the 2nd round in the play offs to improve from last year.

So you don't have to game plan for anything else but the wing t? How about game planning against the spread, the I or a particular player. It's football, you gameplan against everyone.

And I have no clue what you mean by having the officials watch the action? Did we have an exponential more amount of personal fouls than other teams? Are you implying that this team is dirty? Watch any of our games last year and you'll see a hard hitting team that plays clean. If that's what you're implying, then you're way off base.

I really don't know the history Cleveland / Rhea. But the 2 times we played Cleveland I found the team coaches and fans to be class even when they beat us. The same goes for Rhea, clean bunch saw a late hit and the Rhea guy knew it, and helped the guy up, pretty classy bunch. Really can't 't say the same for Bradley never seen team run that mouth while getting there teeth kicked in!