Tennessee Softball Coaches Association announces Regional All Star Teams

TSCA

You are right, girls need all publicity they can get. Your also right you can't pick every deserving player. What you can do is not try telling knowledge softball people that a team that finished below .500 season record, wasn't top two in district, has not one, but two players on All Star team out all Middle Tn players.

Shall I go on ??

No matter who was on the All Star teams, Miss Softball, or All State  people would be unhappy, I am sorry that we are not like rec ball and give every girl a trophy because they put on a uniform and sounds like your daughter is one of them.

Even when Christ was on earth people criticize him, so I guess we are in good company because you are always going to have those kind of people who are looking only out for their best interest. Why not jump on the band wagon and praise the girls that made it instead of throwing stones?  

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously once again you are wrong and show you don't know what you are talking about. For one I coach Tennessee High school Softball which won a state championship, for Two have seen or played many of the these teams and players, and three My daughter is going to play D1 softball this fall/spring, and plenty of people in the state know whom she is and what she has accomplished field. That wasn't meaning for my post.

Meaning of my post is to show how a group decided to form an association for the state (since MTSCA only included Middle TN). That the players aren't being selected by merit on the softball field such as hitting stats, pitching stats, defensive stats, Wins or Losses, Advancing Team to post season, district or region accolades, leaders on the field and in the community, other intangibles. I also realize not all districts are created equal and therefore stats can't be the only determining factors, hence my other criteria.

Do you realize one of the players selected went 0-13 in district play and had a 9-23 overall record? Some say this is an individual award, not a team award. Fair enough, but some may say since their coach is coaching All Start team she may have been selected. Some might say you get two players on the team with less than a 0.500 record, if you have more say in the voting process. Some would say you didn't select the A State champion and Gatorade player of the year, because "what was it can't have a team full of pitchers?"

If you really want to do what’s best for the players, female sports, then put a little work into the selection process.

P.S. comparing your ridicule to Christ is very tacky

Obviously once again you are wrong and show you don't know what you are talking about. For one I coach Tennessee High school Softball which won a state championship, for Two have seen or played many of the these teams and players, and three My daughter is going to play D1 softball this fall/spring, and plenty of people in the state know whom she is and what she has accomplished field. That wasn't meaning for my post.

Meaning of my post is to show how a group decided to form an association for the state (since MTSCA only included Middle TN). That the players aren't being selected by merit on the softball field such as hitting stats, pitching stats, defensive stats, Wins or Losses, Advancing Team to post season, district or region accolades, leaders on the field and in the community, other intangibles. I also realize not all districts are created equal and therefore stats can't be the only determining factors, hence my other criteria.

Do you realize one of the players selected went 0-13 in district play and had a 9-23 overall record? Some say this is an individual award, not a team award. Fair enough, but some may say since their coach is coaching All Start team she may have been selected. Some might say you get two players on the team with less than a 0.500 record, if you have more say in the voting process. Some would say you didn't select the A State champion and Gatorade player of the year, because "what was it can't have a team full of pitchers?"

If you really want to do what’s best for the players, female sports, then put a little work into the selection process.

P.S. comparing your ridicule to Christ is very tacky

2 THUMBS UP TO THIS POST!!!

I don't have a baby girl playing high school anymore but I am head coach that coached in the state tournament this year and know many of the girls that made each All-Star team and others that were left off team that made All-State in TSCA and were available to play on the 16th. Softball needs organizations like MTSCA and TSCA to help get visibility out there for the girls but as coaches we have to demand a better selection process for the associations that we choose to join and participate in.

It's amazing what happens at the end of the high school softball season. Parents and players upset because they don't make all-district, or they weren't selected as District MVP, upset because they aren't a part of the tennessean all midstate team, the tswa all state team, the tsca all state or all star team, and yet at the beginning of the season they are complaining of how worthless high school ball really is.

Several things to keep in mind:

1. Not everyone can make the team.

2. It is the responsibility of the coach to nominate the player. Did your coach even nominate the player? Is that the representation they want of their team?

3. Even upon the nomination from the coach, if they do not take the time to go in to detail regarding the detailed statistics, character, work ethic, and other helpful information in helping the committee to determine the team, it could leave that individual without the proper merit to be a part of the team.

To no one in particular, just some helpful thoughts.

This organization is far more helpful and credible, than to be put down for selection committee decisions. The all academic award and scholarships are by far even more rewarding for many!! Keep in mind they provide academic certificates for all the participating tsca schools academic team performers across the state.

Thank you TSCA!! Your hard work and dedication to high school softball student-athletes does not go unnoticed or criticized by all.

2 THUMBS UP TO THIS POST!!!

I don't have a baby girl playing high school anymore but I am head coach that coached in the state tournament this year and know many of the girls that made each All-Star team and others that were left off team that made All-State in TSCA and were available to play on the 16th. Softball needs organizations like MTSCA and TSCA to help get visibility out there for the girls but as coaches we have to demand a better selection process for the associations that we choose to join and participate in.

The young lady that played for the 0-13 district team and 9-23 overall record was an outstanding player.  She is very deserving.  She plays for a very respectable public school and a coach that recognizes deserving players no matter what school she happens to be ZONED for.  She had a very good season in a very good district.  Are we supposed to only reward players for good teams?  If you are a high school coach then you should respect anyone who is chosen.