Mtchell vs Whitehaven

Galilee

The Tigers were not as sharp as I would have liked for us to be in this one. Several factors in my opinion contributed to this.

1st Mitchell was very gamed for this one. I think some of those guys did not one to lose to their           ex teammate Cofield.

2nd Coach Nate Cole called the best game I've seen him call since we've been playing them.

3rd We didn't touch the field until almost 11pm and we fed our children at 3.

4th It was Hooottttttt!!!!!!

5th We had over 150 yards worth of penalties.

6th By the time the final whistle blew it was nearly 1AM!!! 

I give Whitehaven credit for being good, the same reasons you all had problems we had them also. Two good teams played well but you all depth was the diffrence. Our lineman had to go both ways and we had some issues with depth. It was hot to us also but we cannot sub like you all can. We have 40 players to over 100 for you all.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give Whitehaven credit for being good, the same reasons you all had problems we had them also. Two good teams played well but you all depth was the diffrence. Our lineman had to go both ways and we had some issues with depth. It was hot to us also but we cannot sub like you all can. We have 40 players to over 100 for you all.

All valid points Galilee. Your guys came with it. Are you going to be at the Whiterhaven Ridgeway game?

The Whitehaven vs Mitchell Game

As presented by Memphis Mitchell Football (memphismitchellfbll) on Youtube.

Whitehaven Classic 2014 As presented by CityBallers

(Game 1: Fairley vs Hillcrest, Game 2: Hamilton vs Westwood, Game 3: Mitchell vs Whitehaven)

Edited by kwc

We had that years ago. . But passing won't win the state. That's been proven. When we lost the state, we had the best QB and WR tandem then as well. But thats why we lost. We threw the ball every down in the second half when we should have been running. .. but, as Saturday proved we don't need to throw it 20 times cuz when he does throw it's money. The ground was good as well and that's what's gone get us back to the promise land....

We had that years ago. . But passing won't win the state. That's been proven. When we lost the state, we had the best QB and WR tandem then as well. But thats why we lost. We threw the ball every down in the second half when we should have been running. .. but, as Saturday proved we don't need to throw it 20 times cuz when he does throw it's money. The ground was good as well and that's what's gone get us back to the promise land....

First let me say that 2011 proved that if you change tactics in the championship game, you will lose. I agree we should have run the ball more. But that has NOTHING to do with this.

Saturday night JW was 6 of 10 for 115 yards. Ten (10) attempts with the WR Corps we have is under utilization in my book. You mean to tell me we can't squeeze in 4 - 8 more attempts without sacraficing the run game? I don't believe that and you can never convince otherwise. Whitehaven is a running team ... I get that. (Quite frankly I miss the I-formation) That doesn't mean you have to sacrafice your passing game, especially when it is your most potent weapon in your aresenal.

I have no doubt that we can and will win games being a run oriented team. It is our identity. I'm not saying that we should change our identity. All I'm saying is that we have the talent, skill, and coaching to open the playbook up some more. It is a STRENGTH of this particular team. It is always wise to utilize a strength. Thats all I'm saying. I'm not advocating we change who we are or what we do. I am, however, advocating we tweek what we do slightly, to better utilize the weaponry we have at our disposal.

For the record ... I'm going to sit in the stands and cheer my heart out for my team when I can. I'm also going to defend the coach's decisions while I'm sitting the the stands to any of the naysayers, disgruntled, 'in-the-stand-coaches', that may be in the stands trying to dog the coaching staff. The coaching staff does all of the work with these young men and have my up-most respect ... so, please, don't misunderstand my POV or opinions.

By the way coach10ac, you missed Week 0 of the BGIM. Don't miss Week 1 man ... get your picks in!

Edited by kwc

For the record, Mitchell is s dam good team they made us work to earn what we got. .. like a few other teams will do this year. Running or passing is determined by how well we control the line of scrimmage. Pass blocking wasnt the best because Jordan had to scramble a bit. We moved the ball well the ground, it wasnt necessary to during this game to get pass happy. Maybe the attempts increase, maybe they won't, but we have never really threw ball 20 times a game even when tammrious and garrick jones were here and they were 2 of the best QB's we had here. ..Yes we are capable of throwing alot, but I don't think we put it in Jordan's hands unless necessary. ..no we don't have another mark jr, but we have done good backs that can compliment out team as down Saturday nite. ..I don't have stats but all three carried the ball well.... again keep in mind, teams are tougher this year, none will be a cake walk. Even with jordan. But it's jus the first game k-dub so relax...lol.... bein we play fairley, he may work on a few pass plays to get ready for white station. I mean I would. But that's just me... but they gone get a steady dose of both....this is my pov as well. So please understand when I say, our passing game is not the only strength we have. We have the ability to go all bigs on the line and run people in the ground. We are full of athletes, and we just tryin to get the most of all them. Passing. .check..running..check..defense..check...... we don't have to put all our eggs in one basket. . At least not til we make it to state, then we throw the kitchen sink at them!!!

For the record, Mitchell is s dam good team they made us work to earn what we got. .. like a few other teams will do this year. Running or passing is determined by how well we control the line of scrimmage. Pass blocking wasnt the best because Jordan had to scramble a bit. We moved the ball well the ground, it wasnt necessary to during this game to get pass happy. Maybe the attempts increase, maybe they won't, but we have never really threw ball 20 times a game even when tammrious and garrick jones were here and they were 2 of the best QB's we had here. ..Yes we are capable of throwing alot, but I don't think we put it in Jordan's hands unless necessary. ..no we don't have another mark jr, but we have done good backs that can compliment out team as down Saturday nite. ..I don't have stats but all three carried the ball well.... again keep in mind, teams are tougher this year, none will be a cake walk. Even with jordan. But it's jus the first game k-dub so relax...lol.... bein we play fairley, he may work on a few pass plays to get ready for white station. I mean I would. But that's just me... but they gone get a steady dose of both....this is my pov as well. So please understand when I say, our passing game is not the only strength we have. We have the ability to go all bigs on the line and run people in the ground. We are full of athletes, and we just tryin to get the most of all them. Passing. .check..running..check..defense..check...... we don't have to put all our eggs in one basket. . At least not til we make it to state, then we throw the kitchen sink at them!!!

I understand where you are coming from and I agree, we don't need to put all of our eggs in one basket. Oh ... I'm very aware of our pass game history. I've been in the stands for years, so I already know what's up. I know you aren't calling the plays as well. Don't worry, I'm not panicking nor am I dissatisfied with the margin of victory. I know Mitchell is a good team.  I'd just like to see us throw a little more. If we threw 15-17 times a games instead of 10, it wouldn't kill us or make folks think that we are pass happy ... even if we cared what folks think. I just think it would benefit the offense more.

Edited by kwc

I agree with the more pass idea. I understand that you have to establish the run, however when you have the studs in the backfield as Whitehaven you have to exploit that the best way you can. I was at the game and the MAIN reason Mitchell stayed in the game in the first place was the conservative offensive playcalling. Even with the penalties, that game should not have ever been that close. The OC plays 'not to lose' ball at times

I've said it forever, the athletes that Whitehaven always have we should be almost unstoppable. I remember a White Station team a few years ago. That offense was potent that it kept all defenses GUESSING what was next. We are too predictable and waaayy too conservative, period.

Edited by lasal2000