Dyersburg vs. Mr. Gooden and the Purple Crush Defense

mrhoward21

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well return to this comment after ur next game

Liberty is the best 4a team in the West, more than likely will play Giles in the semis. This could be a Knoxville Fulton type beat down coming, you know like one of them 65 to 0 type.

That is unless Liberty does what Dyersburg did and spot Haywood a three touchdown lead, 4 fumbles, and -35 yards offense in the first quarter and a total of 6 fumbles in the first half.

Edited by mg

Liberty is the best 4a team in the West, more than likely will play Giles in the semis. This could be a Knoxville Fulton type beat down coming, you know like one of them 65 to 0 type.

That is unless Liberty does what Dyersburg did and spot Haywood a three touchdown lead, 4 fumbles, and -35 yards offense in the first quarter and a total of 6 fumbles in the first half.

mg...i know the feeling bud...i recall a game 2 seasons ago vs lexington where liberty had 11 fumbles in the game...just one of those things u dont ever see in football

liberty is definitely beat up and sore...but i think we have enough fire power to handle our 15aa brethren for at least another year

props to the trojans for staying composed and turning things back into ur favor...much can be taken from that situation

im really looking fwd to ur games with westview and milan...i still expect u boys to take the district

where is dhsfb64...havent seen him on the boards...is everything ok

@dhstennis, yes things were looking pretty bad in that first quarter. I was not sure of what was going on, and with our team being so young as loyal as I am it was never my expectation to see them turn it around. I was a beliver by the second score in the third quarter, you could see that the D'burg players were pissed and was not going to be embarassed like this. If they play with that type of focus the rest of the way we are in for a long victorious season. Of course, my Haywood friends attribute their Tomcat lackadaisial performance to the absence of their head coach. I guess some excuse is better than nothing at all huh? Trojans stay focus and lets be ready for this weeks opponent the Rebels of Obion. This will be our first regular season game in our new stadium.

since my earlier reply I have also seen that is the case with the Haywood Coadh. Not sure what is going on, hopefully this will be resolved and everything can get back on track. I am tired of hearing and seeing cases of teachers and coaches misleading our youth, hopefully this is not one of those cases.

paper says he'll be back for this weeks game with liberty...dog and pony show i tell ya...someone wanted some attention and tried to make a mountain out of a molehill

regarding the coach

Confused by this statement dhs. Are you suggesting the coach wanted all of this to happen for publicity? I find that kind of hard to believe if so...

Confused by this statement dhs. Are you suggesting the coach wanted all of this to happen for publicity? I find that kind of hard to believe if so...

absolutely not...some over-zealous wannabe at haywood blew this whole situation out of proportion...

in no way shape or form am i suggesting that it was the coach...the coach was the victim

absolutely not...some over-zealous wannabe at haywood blew this whole situation out of proportion...

in no way shape or form am i suggesting that it was the coach...the coach was the victim

Agreed!

Here's the latest from the Jackson Sun Sports Column. Hopefully this story is over, and the kids and coaches can get back to playing football. Liberty is one of the best teams in 4A, and Haywood has a boatload of talent. Should be a fun one to watch!

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2014/09/03/haywood-coach-come-back/15004617/