Marion vs Whitwell (Ross man against this Helton man)

Roy Dillard

I couldn't help but think that Coach could have found someone roaming the halls that can kick a football. It wasn't just the kicking game it was their entire special teams.

How many yards were gained by punt returners for Marion?  Every punt tonight by Whitwell was unreturnable, if that is a word, except one and gained at least 30 yards of field position for the Tigers.  Instead of Marion getting the ball inside the 10 yard line, like last week against Midway, they got it at the 40 or more.  I would call that a vast improvement.  Whitwell's punting and kicking game will not make a lot of highlight reels but I will take the improvement every week.  On the other hand, Whitwell got a standing ovation by several spectators after the first punt.  :)

How many yards were gained by punt returners for Marion?  Every punt tonight by Whitwell was unreturnable, if that is a word, except one and gained at least 30 yards of field position for the Tigers.  Instead of Marion getting the ball inside the 10 yard line, like last week against Midway, they got it at the 40 or more.  I would call that a vast improvement.  Whitwell's punting and kicking game will not make a lot of highlight reels but I will take the improvement every week.  On the other hand, Whitwell got a standing ovation by several spectators after the first punt.   :)

If I remember correctly the only punt that was returned by Marion was the last one at the end of the game.  Also I'm not exactly sure what happened on their extra point attempt or the kickoff to open the 2nd half.

Edited by MarionCo61