Week 2: Elizabethton (1-1) @ Sullivan East (1-1)

EHSTrack06

Cyclones will be mad after getting it handed to them by SH Friday night and will take it out on East this Friday.I would like to see Shawn start Tyree this week but I don't believe he will because Armstrong has waited his turn and is a senior that has played the last two years on and off and probably would have been the starter if he would not have got hurt two years ago.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawnman why do you think Armstrong shouldn't start? His right throwing elbow was injured in the first quarter and play selection was at a minimum.

First off I hope his throwing elbow is ok and I think he is a great kid and a good athlete.My reasoning for saying that Tyree should get a start is because he seems to be a more accurate passer than Armstrong and he looks more comfortable in the pocket but that don't mean Armstrong can't improve and get better.I'm not the coach and Shawn has his reasoning for who he starts and the season is just Two games in so we shall see how the QB situation plays out.I have met Armstrong and his family because I used to go to church were they went and they are good folks and hope the best for Caleb and hope he stays healthy.Just my two cents for what it's worth.

I agree with Lawnman, I want to add I don't think he makes the smart decisions as a QB. The int to #14 in the first quarter was thrown with no Cyclones anywhere near #14 so it was an easy pick when Caleb could have just thrown it away. It also looked like he had trouble with the option and struggled picking up on who the read was. He seems like a good kid and he is talented but there are a lot of holes in his game from the looks of it.

Tyree should get a shot! Face the facts Armstrong accuracy is way off! He made a great throw at Boone in the corner but he had 5 or 6 misses by a lot! Against the Toppers was ugly! 1 of his touchdowns which was 94 yards should have been an INT! I don't know if it's nerves or injury but he is way off right now! I hope he turns it around cause he earned his spot but put the best on the field to give you a win and right now that looks like Tyree!