Tn High @ Elizabethton

orange and black

Well it's here.....Gameday!   I have been looking forward to this game all week.  I'm glad that so many people still have school pride and are excited as ever for high school football.  These young men worked all week getting ready for this night.  Long before the ball snaps, they have pushed themselves to get better each and every day.  Mid-season games are the best cause the teams are coming together and the talent is more developed.  This is going to be a great game to watch!  Two teams with great football programs and traditions squaring off on the gridiron, it doesn't get any better!  To everyone that is heading out to the game tonight, here's hoping that all have a safe trip to and fromt the game.  I am hoping and praying that both teams compete at a high level but that neither team has an injury to any player.  Hoping all the fans, coaches, players, cheerleaders and band from Tennessee High have a safe trip aswell. Lets support our teams with pride, class and understanding.....it's just a game.  Life is so much more than a football game.  So come out and urge your team on!

• Upvote 1

So cap you now a hill fan, must be cause that's all you talk about is that game. What about the vikings games? How can you compare SH? TN high are they same style of offense or have athletes that the hill has. just asking cause you have not mentioned anything with revulance. My opinion for what it is worth is that we ground and pound until the vikes get tired. Betsy 41-21. I would love to keep this game scheduled for next several years. Edited by newcyclone

Well it's here.....Gameday!   I have been looking forward to this game all week.  I'm glad that so many people still have school pride and are excited as ever for high school football.  These young men worked all week getting ready for this night.  Long before the ball snaps, they have pushed themselves to get better each and every day.  Mid-season games are the best cause the teams are coming together and the talent is more developed.  This is going to be a great game to watch!  Two teams with great football programs and traditions squaring off on the gridiron, it doesn't get any better!  To everyone that is heading out to the game tonight, here's hoping that all have a safe trip to and fromt the game.  I am hoping and praying that both teams compete at a high level but that neither team has an injury to any player.  Hoping all the fans, coaches, players, cheerleaders and band from Tennessee High have a safe trip aswell. Lets support our teams with pride, class and understanding.....it's just a game.  Life is so much more than a football game.  So come out and urge your team on!

Amen!! Nice post  :thumb:

So cap you now a hill fan, must be cause that's all you talk about is that game. What about the vikings games? How can you compare SH? TN high are they same style of offense or have athletes that the hill has. just asking cause you have not mentioned anything with revulance. My opinion for what it is worth is that we ground and pound until the vikes get tired. Betsy 41-21. I would love to keep this game scheduled for next several years.

So cap you now a hill fan, must be cause that's all you talk about is that game. What about the vikings games? How can you compare SH? TN high are they same style of offense or have athletes that the hill has. just asking cause you have not mentioned anything with revulance. My opinion for what it is worth is that we ground and pound until the vikes get tired. Betsy 41-21. I would love to keep this game scheduled for next several years.

I gave my run down of tonights match up on page 2 of this thread, but all you Clowns could focus on was the fact that I referred to the Dog Stomp that you received from the Hill as a "Dog Stomp", which is what it was. Everything from me from that point on has been in response to the Sore Losers Club. 

However... if you would like to talk football we can do that too. So....... you feel that with the ground and pound tactic the Viking D will wear down faster then the Betsy O, even though we have more depth at the down lineman position and only 2 players total that start on both sides of the ball??? 

Just to refresh your memory here is my summer of tonights match from my second post on this thread. 

With that being said... whoever controls the line of scrimmage wins this game (mainly between the tackles). That's why I give the edge to the Vikings. They have more depth at the down lineman position and I don't think they have any that play both ways. The Vikings are also a second half team which could play on the Cyclones fatigue. On the other hand this could turn into a track meet to see who can score the most points, and I don't think the Vikings win with that scenario. 

Edited by Cap1

Been waiting all year for this game and it's almost here and going to eat some Chinese before the game and then go park at my sisters house and walk to game.Safe travels to all the TH folks and come early if you want a good parking spot.Can't wait till we get new stadium down at the high school.Go Cyclones

I gave my run down of tonights match up on page 2 of this thread, but all you Clowns could focus on was the fact that I referred to the Dog Stomp that you received from the Hill as a "Dog Stomp", which is what it was. Everything from me from that point on has been in response to the Sore Losers Club. 

However... if you would like to talk football we can do that too. So....... you feel that with the ground and pound tactic the Viking D will wear down faster then the Betsy O, even though we have more depth at the down lineman position and only 2 players total that start on both sides of the ball??? 

Just to refresh your memory here is my summer of tonights match from my second post on this thread. 

With that being said... whoever controls the line of scrimmage wins this game (mainly between the tackles). That's why I give the edge to the Vikings. They have more depth at the down lineman position and I don't think they have any that play both ways. The Vikings are also a second half team which could play on the Cyclones fatigue. On the other hand this could turn into a track meet to see who can score the most points, and I don't think the Vikings win with that scenario. 

I feel that's what it will come down to. EHS has ton of speed and I don't think we have but a couple that play both ways so I agree, whoever controls the line and can open the holes will win. I still think the outlying factor will be EHS passing. If we can get that going EHS wins. If it comes down to run vs run then I see a close game. I'm giving it a 1-2 TD difference either way.

I feel that's what it will come down to. EHS has ton of speed and I don't think we have but a couple that play both ways so I agree, whoever controls the line and can open the holes will win. I still think the outlying factor will be EHS passing. If we can get that going EHS wins. If it comes down to run vs run then I see a close game. I'm giving it a 1-2 TD difference either way.

I totally agree. These teams are so similar. I also feel that if we can be effective with the pass early on we will be better off. But I believe the main thing for us is limiting the big plays by Thomas and your QB out of the backfield. 

All jokes aside. I too have been looking forward to this game since last years game. For one I always enjoy watching potential local D1 talent but we also have to try and save face from last years Dog Stomp!  :blush: This to me should be the best game for us on this years schedule being that all of the other games are either cake walks or they are Science Hill or DB... if you know what I mean. I do believe the Vikings have what it takes to stop ET and pull this one off but it aint gonna be easy!!! I wish most of all for an injury free game because I believe that both teams will be North East TN's best representation in the post season this year in our respective divisions. See you guys after the game!! B)

Edited by Cap1

I totally agree. These teams are so similar. I also feel that if we can be effective with the pass early on we will be better off. But I believe the main thing for us is limiting the big plays by Thomas and your QB out of the backfield.

All jokes aside. I too have been looking forward to this game since last years game. For one I always enjoy watching potential local D1 talent but we also have to try and save face from last years Dog Stomp! :blush: This to me should be the best game for us on this years schedule being that all of the other games are either cake walks or they are Science Hill or DB... if you know what I mean. I do believe the Vikings have what it takes to stop ET and pull this one off but it aint gonna be easy!!! I wish most of all for an injury free game because I believe that both teams will be North East TN's best representation in the post season this year in our respective divisions. See you guys after the game!! B)

Cap you always make it fun on here and wish TH the best of luck the rest of the year.