East Hickman @ Waverly Central

Wavotiger10

I think Wavo had a decent team last year with some bad breaks. I saw that happen at Camden one year when they had a 7-3 caliber team that ended up 2-8 after some crazy breaks and weird weather. ..........I posted last summer that Tiger Central made a good hire with McConnell, while some were complaining that he was not a Blue and White guy. Hat's off to his assistant coaches, alumni, and most of all ----- the Waverly players. Note to Waverly Alumni: build more visitor bleachers and more people will come.

Waverly has had several teams like that in the past 10 years...... 2006 our starting Quarterback Micheal Forrester who was close to being as good as J. Smith had a severe wreck and was out for the season. We finished 7-3 but if Michael had played we prolly would had gone 9-1 losing to Lewis County and not caught CPA in the first round. Then my senior year Jake Hale was a starter his Freshman and sophomore year going into his junior year. We had to Wide out who had played since there freshmen year and a slot in Will McLeod who could make plays. Well Jake tore his ACL in the Adamsville game and it turned everything upside down. Sent Bercik to tailback, sent Will to QB, and just turned everything all upside down. For being a brand new starting QB Will put up a Valant effort behind a offensive line with 2 freshmen, a sophomore and 2 Junior. No senior.......but Jake would had really made a difference. Finished 4-6. My opinion had Jake not gone out we prolly would had been 7-3 losing to Creek Wood, Camden, and Decatre-Riverside. Either way things are what they are and we are in 2014. #BWTP.

Centerville what do you mean? You think young football players deserve to have there hearts broken year in and year out? I know what it feels like to give it my all and still lose 6 games and miss the playoff my senior year. Lay off dude and go troll somewhere else.

East is getting what they deserve, they ran off the best coach they could get ( G. Harris from the Middle School) and it was the East Head Coach that did it along with his wife, Scott C. ( we know what he did too HA), and  the parents of the kids that did not play but would not accept their kid had no business on the field. the stands are full of this same lynch mob that don't care if they win or lose, they just wanna be in awe to watch their precious little Johnny  run that ball ( don't matter if its for a 5 yard loss) , the Coach is HORRIBLE, he is now a Cronie to Nash, they made their bed  now they can lay in it. Simple as that, and Waverlygayboy, you are the  troller not me. I have a few kinfolk that play for East so I can voice my  disgust. You  are all over everyones threads.....popping off at the mouth about that great waverly team that is gonna get it handed to them pretty soon. then I will see what you gotta say.

If you keep up with Middle School football think back four years ago when this Tiger Senior class were 8th graders they absolutely dominated the district that year. They gave East their only two losses of the year and I think the championship game was like 40-0 if I remember right and East was pretty darn good. The talent has always been there just not the excitement to want to play and the right coaches to put all the pieces in place. I think the same thing is happening here at East Hickman. There are 3 kids playing for Nashville Christian and I believe 3 more at Fairview that grew up playing junior pro and middle school ball for East that switched before high school because of this current coaching staff. I don't blame any parent for doing whatever you think is best for your child. We need a coach that can build this program and have every kid in this community wanting to be an Eagle!

not quite sure what you might possibly been insinuating about Coach Graves but Coach Graves is one of the best men I know...... Good dang coach also....turned me from scruffy to most valuable defensive lineman..... He had the same amount of success in Junior High as the so called Lombardi at the Junior High...... I would love to see McCloud at the High School level.... either way Coach Graves was a good coach there just was not a lot of motivation to play... lot of Lazy boys... I do not know why they did not play but I do not think its fair to blame coach Graves..... and if you were not insinuating anythingg about Coach Graves then my apology about the rant...

#BWTP

East is getting what they deserve, they ran off the best coach they could get ( G. Harris from the Middle School) and it was the East Head Coach that did it along with his wife, Scott C. ( we know what he did too HA), and  the parents of the kids that did not play but would not accept their kid had no business on the field. the stands are full of this same lynch mob that don't care if they win or lose, they just wanna be in awe to watch their precious little Johnny  run that ball ( don't matter if its for a 5 yard loss) , the Coach is HORRIBLE, he is now a Cronie to Nash, they made their bed  now they can lay in it. Simple as that, and Waverlygayboy, you are the  troller not me. I have a few kinfolk that play for East so I can voice my  disgust. You  are all over everyones threads.....popping off at the mouth about that great waverly team that is gonna get it handed to them pretty soon. then I will see what you gotta say.

Hey man I know what you are saying, I thought you had a different intent with that post.... I thought you were bashing them for some other reason but now that you explained i understand....  I overact way too much.... sorry.. Good blessing with Camden...

#BWTP

I don't know Coach Graves personally. I'm sure he is a good man that loved the kids and did the best that he could.What I do know is for the past two or three years the Waverly football program was at the bottom of 3A in the state and now their 5-0 and haven't been challenged all year. So your going to tell me its not coaching? I think its great! I'll be pulling for the Eagles this Friday to have a big upset but after that I hope WCHS wins the district

East is getting what they deserve, they ran off the best coach they could get ( G. Harris from the Middle School) and it was the East Head Coach that did it along with his wife, Scott C. ( we know what he did too HA), and the parents of the kids that did not play but would not accept their kid had no business on the field. the stands are full of this same lynch mob that don't care if they win or lose, they just wanna be in awe to watch their precious little Johnny run that ball ( don't matter if its for a 5 yard loss) , the Coach is HORRIBLE, he is now a Cronie to Nash, they made their bed now they can lay in it. Simple as that, and Waverlygayboy, you are the troller not me. I have a few kinfolk that play for East so I can voice my disgust. You are all over everyones threads.....popping off at the mouth about that great waverly team that is gonna get it handed to them pretty soon. then I will see what you gotta say.

Who is Scott C, and what did he do?

Not sure why you would down coach Mccloud and his staff Wavo. He has done nothing but win for years there. The new coach and the junior high are on the same page now. Also we all have heard how great you were in high school and know one cares. Coach graves is a good man but waverly needed a change.