Dresden @ Fayette Academy

Guest hevyrevy1611

Guest hevyrevy1611

Dresden Lions headed to Somerville this week to battle Fayette Academy. We whooped them pretty good last year, and they losing this year (kinda sad, they were a powerhouse in privates for awhile then.. bam.. families left the school thanks to a down economy, thus players gone too), hope we don't overlook them looking toward next game. Anything can happen in football, so Lions need to stay focused and play hard each down. Hope both teams stay injury free. Dresden should win this one big. Hope I get to go to game, I still in bed recouping, I went to church across from FA and taught school at that church's private school a few years back. My dad lived in Somerville many years until his death. Lotsa memories in these old haunts for me.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hevyrevy1611

If only.. that'd be nice if Dresser could start. Quinn as a back, end, or sumin with Hutch as QB makes sense to me too. I met a referee who did our last years game here vs UC, he said Winn was one of best he ever saw, and added we did win that game on field but not on scoreboard. That happens at times. Looks like I not get to go to this game either, :( doc says i still have to stay in bed recouping from my leg injury. But we winning games I missing, so maybe that the secret this year. Ha! My absence brings luck!

I'm sorry as this may step on some toes, but I saw Hutch at the start of the year playing qb some and he isn't good. He would definitely cause more problems for the already struggling offense. They have come a long way in a short time already this season and I think some of that has to do with Quincy at qb. I think coach made the right decision starting Quincy over Hutch. I understand that he could easily be utilized in other places, but when you don't have anyone else to play a certain position, you've got to do what is best for the team in the long run.

The only issue I have with your post Dlion is if a team plans to stop Quincy and Yates we are done. Hutch could be good if he would just take what the D gives him and not put the weight of the world on his shoulders. That's what he brother became good at. Last year Hutch made more clutch catches than anyone on our team.

That's about the only issue I had with Dresser last year. He liked going for the home run ball with a five or six yard dump wide open. I'm sure that was just youth and he will get better. I would like to see Wade get some reps at QB this week. With Warren, Quincy, Hutch and Thomas at receiver. This week might be the game to see what our future will look like.

It's really easy to coach on a talk forum. lol

I'm sorry as this may step on some toes, but I saw Hutch at the start of the year playing qb some and he isn't good. He would definitely cause more problems for the already struggling offense. They have come a long way in a short time already this season and I think some of that has to do with Quincy at qb. I think coach made the right decision starting Quincy over Hutch. I understand that he could easily be utilized in other places, but when you don't have anyone else to play a certain position, you've got to do what is best for the team in the long run.

No stepping on toes at all. Football is a game and if that's your opinion then you are perfectly within your rights to think that. However, much like ysoangry, I think Hutch just didn't look as impressive because he put all the pressure on himself and forced some deep balls that were unneccesary. Lack of game experience is the only reason that I can think of that he was doing that, however, he still performed much better in preseason games than I think you are giving him credit for... I believe he would do better as the season went along if given the chance.

In the preseason jamboree at Henry County, he went 6-10 (60% completions) with 110 yards and 1 TD in ONE HALF.. then he was subsequently benched after that performance??.. then Quincey (no offense to him because I think he is a great player and athlete, just not a QB) was asked to start the next week and the rest of the season where he has thrown interceptions in almost every game. Numbers don't lie. I would have liked to see what Hutch could do in an entire game throwing to Quincey and the other big time athletes we have. 

I just don't think our offense is reaching its full potential being so one dimensional.

Either way, I am a lion supporter. Go lions!

I think they should put big Turnbow kid at qb this game just because,,,,I would lmao. We did start a couple kids on the offensive line last year in this game that had never played before. Evans Garcia. Was fun.

Turmbow's little-big brother had a surprisingly good arm. I saw him trying to talk his brother through his knee pain against bruceton since he'd been there before. I say put skill players on the line and let the lineman play reciever lol