Week 8: Powell at Oak Ridge

BigDave1967

Yeah Butch is a class act.. Inviting Pac-Man Jones to come speak.. And cursing out your coaches on the sideline on national TV.. Class.. But he did beat South Carolina last year.. Impressive..lol!

I'd rather Butch be at UT ANYDAY than Mustychamp. How can you be that mediocre with the talent that state has to choose from? He is Ron Zook x 2

Gaddis is the master motivator and program builder. He surrounds himself with talented coaches.

I like that about Gaddis and his coaches and about a bunch of the ORHS coaches, like Green and Scott in basketball and the track and cross country coaches. They all bring the energy and intensity and outwork almost everyone else.

Although I don't think Phil was anything special. Average HC IMO. Still won a title though no matter how lucky they got. Every championship season has their fair share amount of luck involved. Phil benefitted from a down period in coaching in the Sec.

True. I think some people underestimate how much luck factors into the equation.

I like that about Gaddis and his coaches and about a bunch of the ORHS coaches, like Green and Scott in basketball and the track and cross country coaches. They all bring the energy and intensity and outwork almost everyone else.

I agree with you about Gaddis, Green, and the track/cc coaches. I just don't know about Scott. I hope you're right

I agree with you about Gaddis, Green, and the track/cc coaches. I just don't know about Scott. I hope you're right

Scott is a real good coach. Learned under Prudden. We had a pretty good girls bb team before he left until the female came along and ran it in the ground basically. Give him a few more years and we will be right up there. Will we ever be as good as we were when Jill was HC? Prob not. Her and Burkey got AAU girls from all over the area to come play for us back then. Now we just have to play with the hand were dealt which should still be pretty good if Coach Scott sticks around. Edited by SweetScience