Giles @ Marshall County

JAFO

Hey Cat, your post lead us to a discussion last night about the coaching staffs of last 30 years. We remember Bain coaching 3/4 years then leaving and Smith coaching again just before season started. Was Phelps HC after Smith first time and before Bain?

Smith quit the first time after the 84 season. GC got bumped to 3A and it was only 3 classifications. Mayfield took over for a few years.

After the game one Tiger coach came looking for one of our players and taunted him doing the "shark" thing.  always expect stuff from players...it comes with being a player.  Always expect a bit more from coaches.

I am not taking up for that coach at all. That shouldn't be done by a adult. I did hear it was because one of our players was talking crap when he came on the field for warmups. That came from someone from Lewisburg. But, I know the guy that told me and he wouldn't lie about it.

The only taunting I saw was Bobcat players and coaches during pregame, jumping on Tiger eye at midfield spitting and chanting "come get u some".... Very classless and disrespectful as our parents tried to walk on field for Senior nite .. Very proud Tigers ignored it u should hav been flagged for it

That may have been a carry over from last year. At GC a tiger acted like he was pissing on the bobcat in warmups.

I am not taking up for that coach at all. That shouldn't be done by a adult. I did hear it was because one of our players was talking crap when he came on the field for warmups. That came from someone from Lewisburg. But, I know the guy that told me and he wouldn't lie about it.

I agree with you. This is the kind of stuff you expect out of an intense rivalry game, however, a coach should never lower himself to that kind of act. Any idea of who the coach was? I don't think Osteen would look to highly upon that.

I'm sorry I should b more specific head coach was encouraging it not jumping on Tiger... Land shark thing was done on field after the game to our players ...I was standing right there and saw our coach do it to OUR player ... It's something our defense does to each other not to other team...so the "taunting" in question was between us

No Osteen and entire staff are a class act he doesn't tolerate any disrespecting other team no matter who we play... I commend your Bobcats they are very talented and are very improved... But my Tigers don't stoop to that level of disrespect before the game..,I've been involved in Giles vs Marshall rivalry for 40 plus yrs never seen anything like that chanting...I am appalled

I'm sorry I should b more specific head coach was encouraging it not jumping on Tiger... Land shark thing was done on field after the game to our players ...I was standing right there and saw our coach do it to OUR player ... It's something our defense does to each other not to other team...so the "taunting" in question was between us

Everybody does the Shark thing these days. But what's more important hereisthat you say our HC encouraged it.......... I didn't think he had that much spunk in him....... Who knew?

No Osteen and entire staff are a class act he doesn't tolerate any disrespecting other team no matter who we play... I commend your Bobcats they are very talented and are very improved... But my Tigers don't stoop to that level of disrespect before the game..,I've been involved in Giles vs Marshall rivalry for 40 plus yrs never seen anything like that chanting...I am appalled

I know Osteen is a class act. However, If you have truly been a part of this rivalry for that long you have seen plenty of disrespectful things from both sides. I remember OC's first year here, some people from Marshall put a big poster over our gym that depicted a bobcat sucking on something a male tiger has. There is no love in this rivalry, however, coaches should stand above this kind of stuff.