Looking ahead to the big game!

BigBama42

Sonny Moore Computer Rankings:

41 SULLIVAN SOUTH                   4A     7   1   0    93.79     126.90

53 ELIZABETHON                        4A     7   1   0    95.71     122.22

Usually very good this time of year. He gives home team 2 points. South by 2.68.

FYI 

21 DOBYNS BENNETT              6A     8   1   0   112.26     136.02

24 SCIENCE HILL                     6A     7   1   0   111.77     134.42

SH by .4

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished looking at the stats of offensive production for South and Elizabethton.  I don't have the halftime figures for all games, but I completed the game totals up to last weeks games.

South                               Elizabethton

Passing Att                                 123                                       83

Pass Comp                                  85                                        55

Pass Yds                                  1524                                      939

Comp %                                     .691                                     .663

Yds per pass                                         17.9                                     17.1                                

Comp per game                          10.6                                      7.9

Total Pass TD                               26                                        13

Pass TD per game                       3.3                                       1.9

Longest Pass                               70                                         94

QB rating                                   140.7                                    134.0

Rushing Att                                 21                                        263

Rushing Yds                              256                                      2532

Yds per carry                            12.2                                       9.6

Rush Yds per game                  32.0                                     361.7

Rushing TD                                 0                                          37

Rushing Yds                               256                                     2532

Passing Yds                              1524                                      939

Total Yds                                   1780                                    3471

Total per game                          222.50                               433.88

Seems to me that the total passing percentages are close and so are the yards per pass avg.  So the one factor that shouldn't be overlooked is the rushing yds.  The Cyclones can really "ground and pound" the ball.  Stack the box to stop it and see if this QBs passing effort is worth the trouble of defending or just ignore it and you'll figure it out way to late.  Despite the computer....Betsy wins!!!!

Edited by gr8tplay

Just finished looking at the stats of offensive production for South and Elizabethton.  I don't have the halftime figures for all games, but I completed the game totals up to last weeks games.

South                               Elizabethton

Passing Att                                 123                                       83

Pass Comp                                  85                                        55

Pass Yds                                  1524                                      939

Comp %                                     .691                                     .663

Yds per pass                                         17.9                                     17.1                                

Comp per game                          10.6                                      7.9

Total Pass TD                               26                                        13

Pass TD per game                       3.3                                       1.9

Longest Pass                               70                                         94

QB rating                                   140.7                                    134.0

Rushing Att                                 21                                        263

Rushing Yds                              256                                      2532

Yds per carry                            12.2                                       9.6

Rush Yds per game                  32.0                                     361.7

Rushing TD                                 0                                          37

Rushing Yds                               256                                     2532

Passing Yds                              1524                                      939

Total Yds                                   1780                                    3471

Total per game                          222.50                               433.88

Seems to me that the total passing percentages are close and so are the yards per pass avg.  So the one factor that shouldn't be overlooked is the rushing yds.  The Cyclones can really "ground and pound" the ball.  Stack the box to stop it and see if this QBs passing effort is worth the trouble of defending or just ignore it and you'll figure it out way to late.  Despite the computer....Betsy wins!!!!

You may have left out a few rushing yards for South.

Just finished looking at the stats of offensive production for South and Elizabethton. I don't have the halftime figures for all games, but I completed the game totals up to last weeks games.

South Elizabethton

Passing Att 123 83

Pass Comp 85 55

Pass Yds 1524 939

Comp % .691 .663

Yds per pass 17.9 17.1

Comp per game 10.6 7.9

Total Pass TD 26 13

Pass TD per game 3.3 1.9

Longest Pass 70 94

QB rating 140.7 134.0

Rushing Att 21 263

Rushing Yds 256 2532

Yds per carry 12.2 9.6

Rush Yds per game 32.0 361.7

Rushing TD 0 37

Rushing Yds 256 2532

Passing Yds 1524 939

Total Yds 1780 3471

Total per game 222.50 433.88

Seems to me that the total passing percentages are close and so are the yards per pass avg. So the one factor that shouldn't be overlooked is the rushing yds. The Cyclones can really "ground and pound" the ball. Stack the box to stop it and see if this QBs passing effort is worth the trouble of defending or just ignore it and you'll figure it out way to late. Despite the computer....Betsy wins!!!!

Lots of rushing data missing for South. Only 21 carries and 256 yards gained after 8 games played! I think there were a few single game totals that are close or exceeded that.

The TN High/North/East games are where the pts difference comes into play. They scored almost all of their pts in the first half. BUT, they were all completely dominated in the 2nd half. The science Hill game score is misleading as well because SH scored 35 in the first quarter but in 2-4 quarter EHS outscored SH 34-21(with SH's startes still playing hard). EHS seems like a solid 2nd half team.

Neither North or East scored against the Rebels even when the 2's and 3's were playing defense for South in the 2nd half.

We had a bad 2nd half against TNH on both sides of the ball and a bad 2nd half against Gate City offensively. I think the best thing that could have happened to us this year was the loss to TNH in the 2nd game. It showed what we needed to do to be competitive with the better teams and woke a few people up. If South's line holds up and penalties are manageable we will be OK. Those two things and maintaining balance in the offensive play calling are what I worry about. Looking forward to the game!