Looking ahead to the big game!

BigBama42

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not seen either team play this year but if South's quarter back is the same one from last year he is tough

South's QB, RB's, WR's on offense and LB's (except 1) & DB's on defense are all returning starters we did lose most of our lineman who were hard to replace.  Elizabethton returned alot of good players also.  Looking forward to this game but we have a trip to Johnson County before we can look forward to Betsy.

This may or may not help give some perspective for this game, and I'll also throw Greeneville into the mix.      Boone has played all three.    The halftime score (where the Eliz, South, Gville starters were playing) was essentially the same.     Of the 3 I would say that South looked the best against Boone.    On offense South has a potent run and pass threat, so if one is not working the other one should.   From what I saw against Boone, Eliz and Gville are more one-dimensional on offense.  Therefore in the South vs Eliz game I am going to give South the edge.    But 2 great teams going at it, so it could go either way.

This game is on Thursday instead of Friday, right?      And it's @ Elizabethton?

Yes, it is Thursday night, October 30th. Looking for a big crowd. Winner take all, lol! Should be a great game. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with how our passing game has improved. We can throw the ball when we need to. But you have to stop E.T. first, and contain a quick QB that will burn you with his feet. Then there is #11 who will just run over you. Lots of surprises in store for ya, since the Boone game.

South games have always been close. Last year was one of the best and most scary games I watched lol It sounds like South and EHS are similar this year, we returned a lot of skill players but our lines took a hit as well. BUT, unlike last year, we have a passing game. Our QB can break for big yards but he has a cannon for an arm (accuracy is still sketchy though). It will be a barnburner and if history repeats itself, I predict the winner will be decided by less than 10 points.

Found this to be very interesting!  South and Elizabethton have played almost the same schedule.  With the South - Unicoi game and the Elizabethton -  Johnson County games omitted from my stats, I found out that the numbers look to be dead even in points for and against.  I know that other stats and individual players stats can off set but, thought I'd share anyway:

Common opponents:

THS, HVHS, Boone,North and East having already been played by both teams the totals are; South scored 217 points and allowed 42.  Betsy has scored 251 points and has allowed 76.  Now, that's a total points for in favor of EHS by a total of 34.  However, South has allowed only 42 total points against the same teams while EHS has allowed 76.  That's having South holding the same opponents to (yep) 34 points fewer.  So......the Cyclones have scored the same amount of points that the Rebels have stopped.

The win / loss count is in favor of the Cyclones (5-0) who hasn't lost a game against common opponents and South has one loss (4-1) that being THS.  That game being the source of measure, the orange and black played THS in game 5 whereas South played them in game 2. 

So with the points for and against almost even, and that they both return players to the skilled positions along with both having to replenish the lines.  I give the edge to the Fighting Cyclones in this one.  Two major reasons.  (1)  Betsy hasn't lost to a single common opponent.  (2)  This year the game is at Dave Rider Field for the first time in three years.  Back to back trips to South and though play made for the Cyclones to fight hard to win.  This one at home, EHS wins !!

GO !!! CYCLONES !!!

This may or may not help give some perspective for this game, and I'll also throw Greeneville into the mix.      Boone has played all three.    The halftime score (where the Eliz, South, Gville starters were playing) was essentially the same.     Of the 3 I would say that South looked the best against Boone.    On offense South has a potent run and pass threat, so if one is not working the other one should.   From what I saw against Boone, Eliz and Gville are more one-dimensional on offense.  Therefore in the South vs Eliz game I am going to give South the edge.    But 2 great teams going at it, so it could go either way.

This game is on Thursday instead of Friday, right?      And it's @ Elizabethton?

blazer...yes it's Thursday night not Friday and yes it is at Elizabethton.

Found this to be very interesting!  South and Elizabethton have played almost the same schedule.  With the South - Unicoi game and the Elizabethton -  Johnson County games omitted from my stats, I found out that the numbers look to be dead even in points for and against.  I know that other stats and individual players stats can off set but, thought I'd share anyway:

Common opponents:

THS, HVHS, Boone,North and East having already been played by both teams the totals are; South scored 217 points and allowed 42.  Betsy has scored 251 points and has allowed 76.  Now, that's a total points for in favor of EHS by a total of 34.  However, South has allowed only 42 total points against the same teams while EHS has allowed 76.  That's having South holding the same opponents to (yep) 34 points fewer.  So......the Cyclones have scored the same amount of points that the Rebels have stopped.

The win / loss count is in favor of the Cyclones (5-0) who hasn't lost a game against common opponents and South has one loss (4-1) that being THS.  That game being the source of measure, the orange and black played THS in game 5 whereas South played them in game 2. 

So with the points for and against almost even, and that they both return players to the skilled positions along with both having to replenish the lines.  I give the edge to the Fighting Cyclones in this one.  Two major reasons.  (1)  Betsy hasn't lost to a single common opponent.  (2)  This year the game is at Dave Rider Field for the first time in three years.  Back to back trips to South and though play made for the Cyclones to fight hard to win.  This one at home, EHS wins !!

GO !!! CYCLONES !!!

This is a great analysis, but is there any way you could do point totals as of halftime of each of these games?     In the 2nd half both South and Betsy are playing 2's and 3's so the final score is a little misleading.

This is a great analysis, but is there any way you could do point totals as of halftime of each of these games?     In the 2nd half both South and Betsy are playing 2's and 3's so the final score is a little misleading.

The TN High/North/East games are where the pts difference comes into play. They scored almost all of their pts in the first half. BUT, they were all completely dominated in the 2nd half. The science Hill game score is misleading as well because SH scored 35 in the first quarter but in 2-4 quarter EHS outscored SH 34-21(with SH's startes still playing hard). EHS seems like a solid 2nd half team. 

Edited by EHSTrack06