2014 Mr. Football Balloting/Recommendations

CoachT

Hopefully it will be a reasonable discussion. I believe all non FCS folks would agree that those kids are good HS football players but not Mr Football winners. Mr Football winners are always considered the absolute dominate players in that division. Doesn't mean they can't be mentioned but there are more deserving kids.

Can I have some popcorn too? It should be fun reading the usual stuff posted by some of these folks. BTW Doyle what's your opinion? Have you seen the Webb kid play?

Not real big on sharing my popcorn.  I have not seen any of the D2-A finalists play this year.  If you have, I'd like your take on their abilities.

Hopefully it will be a reasonable discussion. I believe all non FCS folks would agree that those kids are good HS football players but not Mr Football winners. Mr Football winners are always considered the absolute dominate players in that division. Doesn't mean they can't be mentioned but there are more deserving kids.

Can I have some popcorn too? It should be fun reading the usual stuff posted by some of these folks. BTW Doyle what's your opinion? Have you seen the Webb kid play?

you ask for a reasonable discussion then throw out an ignorant statement right behind it. You obviously don't care for FC due to numerous things ( family injuries, losses to FC, etc) in your personal past but to say neither FC candidate deserves this award is just absurd!! Wood has dominated every opponent he's faced for the past 2 years and Taylor has led his classification in rushing & been among the top 5 in TN in all classes despite splitting carries with Hollis for 4 games prior to his injury. All this while playing both ways for both guys. I'd advise you to go back to the girls soccer pages and supply your poor analysis there. Don't let your spite for FC cast hatred over 2 kids who more than deserved this honor. Obviously, you're in over your head when it comes to football.

You are a homer and incapable of reasonable discussion. I could care less about FCS. However I do enjoy smacking you around when you post. Your bizarre posts about soccer and injuries???? are weird, incorrect and funny.

I can promise you that while both FCS players are worthy if being mentioned neither are held in as high regard as Webbs Mitchell and it's not close. Mitchell has to be schemed every snap.

As far as Taylor is concerned you admitted in your post he's the 2nd best back on your team. He's had a great year and deserves credit but he's clearly not the front runner for the award and I agree.

Look, you clearly have a personal issue with me correcting you on here but to continue to make 3rd grade comments make you and FCS look bad. I suggest for you to either stop posting or hire a proof reader/writer.

Bye the way using "hatred" is over the top unless you have the emotional make up if a teenage girl.

Acknowledging the kids are deserving of credit for being good players while not believing they deserve the awards is far from hatred.

Remember, comments like those detract from your position. I suppose ignorance is bliss though?

Mitchell is well deserving of Mr. Football. He has been a little banged up this year but has dominated when he has been in the game. 

When he wants to, he can take over a football game. He gets to the football fast and angry. I think he will win Mr. Football and go onto Georgia Tech and hopefully get some time on the field and receive a great education. 

Wood has dominated every opponent he's faced for the past 2 years and Taylor has led his classification in rushing & been among the top 5 in TN in all classes despite splitting carries with Hollis for 4 games prior to his injury.

top 5 in all classes? That is a very misleading stat. Very Misleading. Where would his numbers be playing against Ensworth, Alcoa, MUS, Blackman, etc? Don't boast about numbers gained on non district games played against teams like Harding Academy and Fayetteville.