Ripley at Dyersburg Friday 10/24/14 what you think?

slick1

Hey slick. Talked to some of the boys on Milan's team last night and they said that the qb was tipping off the plays when we ayes you guys. A couple of the starting defense players said that one of the Milan coaches picked up a particular tendency that the quarterback for Dyersburg had pre snap that was indicating where the running play was going. I also spoke with that particular coach and he confirmed. Don't want to say what it is on here but if Milan coaches could pick it up on film, you better believe other coaches will.

Great job on the part of your coaches, and thanks for not putting that info. on here. I made some comments earlier in the season about some of the QB's shortcomings, and the following weeks he seem to have settled down. Perhaps he or the party that enlighten me about his many roles on the team following that comment will see this and have a chat with him or look at the film and see what he is doing. I do know that out of habit some athletes have rituals that they follow through unknowingly. I have seen basketball players who were great free throw shooters step to the line and go through the same ritual every time and not miss, but when that ritual was changed they could not drop a rock in the ocean. Probably a learned behavior, and whatever the QB is doing he probably does not realizeit and it is part of his regular routine. The (D'burg) quarterback will be the best one to figure it out and use it to his advantage the rest of the way. Thanks again BigPurple and good luck tonight...

Great job on the part of your coaches, and thanks for not putting that info. on here. I made some comments earlier in the season about some of the QB's shortcomings, and the following weeks he seem to have settled down. Perhaps he or the party that enlighten me about his many roles on the team following that comment will see this and have a chat with him or look at the film and see what he is doing. I do know that out of habit some athletes have rituals that they follow through unknowingly. I have seen basketball players who were great free throw shooters step to the line and go through the same ritual every time and not miss, but when that ritual was changed they could not drop a rock in the ocean. Probably a learned behavior, and whatever the QB is doing he probably does not realizeit and it is part of his regular routine. The (D'burg) quarterback will be the best one to figure it out and use it to his advantage the rest of the way. Thanks again BigPurple and good luck tonight...

Good luck to you guys as well Slick!! :)

Ripley has a team full of Seniors and should be a good team they just don't have a coach that knows how to win. 

this is a joke right...craig is building ur program...give it a chance...ripley actually plays defense...maybe next year the offense joins the club

...u could have worse coaches...like the ones on the teams the tigers have actually beaten...how can u expect him to take nothing and turn it into something special in 2 years

get rid of him and we'll all be laughing at the purple tigers starting over again next season...i guess a chance at the playoffs isnt enough for u at this point

grow up...or better yet...go coach them urself...then see how the comments come in

I thought that Ripley would be a challenge prior to the game on Friday night, even after the Trojans jumped ahead 18-0. It took them the entire first half but after a while the Purple Tigers started to represent. The second half the Tigers started to step up and at one time the score was 18-15 D'burg, however it was then that the Trojans regrouped and shut it down.... rolling to victory. Two players that really impressed me for Ripley was the quarterback and Sportez.... Great job Ripley, I think you guys are headed in the right direction. I still find it hard to believe you lost to Halls in the Jamboree preseason game.... what happened?

Edited by slick1

I thought that Ripley would be a challenge prior to the game on Friday night, even after the Trojans jumped ahead 18-0. It took them the entire first half but after a while the Purple Tigers started to represent. The second half the Tigers started to step up and at one time the score was 18-15 D'burg, however it was then that the Trojans regrouped and shut it down.... rolling to victory. Two players that really impressed me for Ripley was the quarterback and Sportez.... Great job Ripley, I think you guys are headed in the right direction. I still find it hard to believe you lost to Halls in the Jamboree preseason game.... what happened?

it was a jamboree and 2 halls was healthy and had a full squad then...they havent had a full team since week 3...it has cost them the season