TSSAA to Move Schools with 20% Increase or Decrease on Thursday

tribecitizen

Looks like some teams may be moving up or down, though I don't foresee many doing that. I'll be keeping a curious eye on what comes out of this section of the meeting on Thursday. 20% can be very relative amount.

10. Classification (9:00 a.m.)

TSSAA Board of Control Policy states that schools that have had a 20% increase or decrease in enrollment which causes them to be in a different class must be moved during this meeting. The staff will present this information.

Division I Football will also be reclassified based on the new Six Class Plan approved by the Board in August.

Can anyone point me in the direction of enrollment numbers used in the previous classifying cycle? I'd like to crunch some numbers myself.

Understood, applies to the three classifications for non-football sports. I crunched a couple of numbers and figure that if the TSSAA doesn't change the numerical boundaries of each classification, nothing much will change. It will be rather hard for a 20% enrollment drop to occur unless a new school opens or a major employer in an area closes and a mass exodus of population from said community occurs. I should retitle this thread "Nothing to see here", but you never know with the TSSAA how strict they'll be with their rules or foresight.

• 2 weeks later...