CPA vs Alcoa in State Game

heatwave

Westmoreland had a small offensive line with average size backfield. They had no trouble running the ball on CPA They had two backs with over a hundred yards. What is CPA going to do against a bigger line and a lot bigger back? CPA offense is really good but Alcoa defense should be better than anybody that CPA has played against. I think Alcoa wins again unless Coach Martin has several trick plays up his sleeve. Only time will tell. Good luck to both teams

OK, you can stop posting how Westy "could not be stopped" by CPA. Westy scored 3 Td's (2 running and one on a 4th down pass) on 7 possessions against CPA starting D. Apparently they had some trouble running the ball on 5 of 7 drives. Yes, they got good running yardage but gaining yards without finishing drives, scoring and winning are two different things.

Alcoa will get yardage on the ground against CPA. No doubt. Will be interesting to see if CPA will sell out against the run and force Alcoa to throw against man coverage. I would bite the bullet and hope Alcoa would struggle passing. But CPA coaches are smarter than me.

We don't need trick plays. We just need to run our offense well. If we do, we will score points.

Good one! Welcome to CoachT, where Alcoa fans are seen as classless people who live through 17-18 year old kids while living on food stamps and government housing. I guess people just can't stand the thought of us supporting a team that steamrolls their en route to the state championship. Oh well....

I don't think anyone has claimed Alcoa people are on food stamps or live in government housing... The first part is true though. I've been on these boards for years. it's the bandwagon jumpers like yourself that are obnoxious. BC, APB, Deion, F5, alcoadaddy, even the choo choo man. That's the real goon squad. When are you gonna decide that 14-1 isn't good enough and jump over to Maryville to get that 15-0? Terrible...

I don't think anyone has claimed Alcoa people are on food stamps or live in government housing... The first part is true though. I've been on these boards for years. it's the bandwagon jumpers like yourself that are obnoxious. BC, APB, Deion, F5, alcoadaddy, even the choo choo man. That's the real goon squad. When are you gonna decide that 14-1 isn't good enough and jump over to Maryville to get that 15-0? Terrible...

Sounds to me like you played on one of the 649 teams that we've steamrolled or you weren't man enough to stay on the team. :roflol:

Edited by AlcoaBasketball

Sounds to me like you played on one of the 649 teams that we've steamrolled or you weren't man enough to stay on the team. :roflol:

1. You have less of a right to use the word "we" than the Alcoa lunch lady

2. I've seen you at a Fulton game before so I know you've never put on pads in your life... So if someone isn't a man because they quit... What do you call a 120 lb kid who never even tried?

1. You have less of a right to use the word "we" than the Alcoa lunch lady

2. I've seen you at a Fulton game before so I know you've never put on pads in your life... So if someone isn't a man because they quit... What do you call a 120 lb kid who never even tried?

You would've only seen me at Fulton once, that being 2012 when we beat them 30-7, the game where we got 9 personal fouls called on us in the first half and Fulton still couldn't stop Braylon Young from camping out in their backfield. Edited by AlcoaBasketball

Based on the forecast so far, the weather will play in our favor. Smash mouth football in the rain, I like it!!

Where are you seeing that? My computer says 59, calm, and 40% chance of rain. Perfect day for football and even some rain will not be a factor for either team.

BTW, you don't make it to the finals without playing smash mouth football. CPA's starting defense has given up 4 TD's all year. You don't do that without a little smash mouth.

We know what Alcoa can do and we know they have a great running game and back. We saw him last year and he was the difference in the game. It might interest you to know that Tyson ran the ball about 50 times last year and gained tons of yards, but we did hold him to less than 4 yards on 20 of those runs. I doubt if anyone other than Maryville did that last year or this year.

Alcoa did not have to play much pass defense last year due to the weather. They will have to defend it all this year.

Should be a great game. Winners like challenges and there is no greater challenge than Alcoa.

Where are you seeing that? My computer says 59, calm, and 40% chance of rain. Perfect day for football and even some rain will not be a factor for either team.

BTW, you don't make it to the finals without playing smash mouth football. CPA's starting defense has given up 4 TD's all year. You don't do that without a little smash mouth.

We know what Alcoa can do and we know they have a great running game and back. We saw him last year and he was the difference in the game. It might interest you to know that Tyson ran the ball about 50 times last year and gained tons of yards, but we did hold him to less than 4 yards on 20 of those runs. I doubt if anyone other than Maryville did that last year or this year.

Alcoa did not have to play much pass defense last year due to the weather. They will have to defend it all this year.

Should be a great game. Winners like challenges and there is no greater challenge than Alcoa.

1468D6CC-A6FA-4D5B-8311-092BE8C3812C_zps

We know what Alcoa can do and we know they have a great running game and back. We saw him last year and he was the difference in the game. It might interest you to know that Tyson ran the ball about 50 times last year and gained tons of yards, but we did hold him to less than 4 yards on 20 of those runs. I doubt if anyone other than Maryville did that last year or this year.

My Weather Channel app said 70% chance of rain Friday, but that's not saying it for sure will.

And yes, winners do like challenges, and winning state isn't easy regardless of who we play. CPAy is good, and I guarantee we won't have the mindset of entitlement since we're Alcoa or a mindset of an "easy" victory. We gotta earn that, but that's what makes it even sweeter.

You would've only seen me at Fulton once, that being 2012 when we beat them 30-7, the game where we got 9 personal fouls called on us in the first half and Fulton still couldn't stop Braylon Young from camping out in their backfield.

Funny thing is, IM A FAN OF WHAT ALCOA DOES! You're talking to me like I cheer for Fulton. I don't. I think what Alcoa does is unreal, I just think you're a joke for the way you all of a sudden start posting on Alcoa topics this year and talking about people like BJ Coleman and Brandon Warren like you weren't in middle school when they were playing. YOU ARE A BANDWAGON FAN, it's been documented on these boards who you are and that you're from a different part of the area. It's funny how you try to pretend like you're a Tornado but you're not man, you never will be.

1468D6CC-A6FA-4D5B-8311-092BE8C3812C_zps

In other words this link right here. ^^^^

Funny thing is, IM A FAN OF WHAT ALCOA DOES! You're talking to me like I cheer for Fulton. I don't. I think what Alcoa does is unreal, I just think you're a joke for the way you all of a sudden start posting on Alcoa topics this year and talking about people like BJ Coleman and Brandon Warren like you weren't in middle school when they were playing. YOU ARE A BANDWAGON FAN, it's been documented on these boards who you are and that you're from a different part of the area. It's funny how you try to pretend like you're a Tornado but you're not man, you never will be.

I'm definitely not pretending, and just because I graduated from another school doesn't mean I can't become involved with another program. Not all of the Goon Squad went to Alcoa, but all of them support Alcoa or are involved in some way.

I may have been in middle school when they were playing, but that doesn't mean I can't embrace Alcoa's proud history and tradition. :thumb: