Region 2 District 3A Boys Basketball - Is it Meigs and Grace again?

12thmanGCA

So what are the opinions on 3A now that Levi Wood the destroyer of districts has moved on to Lee. (Great Player) GCA and Meigs both mowed through the Oliver Springs Thanksgiving Classic vs Oliver Springs and Coalfield. GCA I think has a tougher schedule early which should pay off but Meigs has great players and coaching too. Cawood at Midway probably best unknown player to D1 and D2 coaches. Kid's a baller. He should be getting stronger looks than I am hearing. Mostly small 2 year and D3.......he would be a steal at that level. Johnson at Harriman has a better supporting cast this year. Good player. I won't comment on our GCA guys as I'm biased, so will enjoy hearing other comments if you have seen us play. Oak Ridge and Beardon thumped us pretty good. But we have won 3 straight. Have Greenback, Midway, and Catholic this week. Get our football players back after heartbreaker in Semi loss to Marion County. Tough for them but good for basketball team. 

Let's go!!!!! Time to ball! 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are the opinions on 3A now that Levi Wood the destroyer of districts has moved on to Lee. (Great Player) GCA and Meigs both mowed through the Oliver Springs Thanksgiving Classic vs Oliver Springs and Coalfield. GCA I think has a tougher schedule early which should pay off but Meigs has great players and coaching too. Cawood at Midway probably best unknown player to D1 and D2 coaches. Kid's a baller. He should be getting stronger looks than I am hearing. Mostly small 2 year and D3.......he would be a steal at that level. Johnson at Harriman has a better supporting cast this year. Good player. I won't comment on our GCA guys as I'm biased, so will enjoy hearing other comments if you have seen us play. Oak Ridge and Beardon thumped us pretty good. But we have won 3 straight. Have Greenback, Midway, and Catholic this week. Get our football players back after heartbreaker in Semi loss to Marion County. Tough for them but good for basketball team.

Let's go!!!!! Time to ball!

Going off scores from the OS tournament I would take grace but heard meigs was missing their best player so that could be a big difference when he gets back.

Let's go!!!!! Time to ball! [/quote. Greenback beat Midway at Midway tonight by 12. Cawood played entire game and was held to very low scoring. He looked better last year but I think that was because he had a better supporting cast. All five starters for GB just came off the football field but are much improved from a year ago.

Tellico (7-1) has gotten off to a slow start (new coach) winning but in very ugly fashion.  But a win is a win and we will take them.  Just taking some games for coach and players to get on same page.  But looks to be working out so far.  Time will tell.  Tellico had a big early season win by beating Meigs last night 73-57. 

Tellico (7-1) has gotten off to a slow start (new coach) winning but in very ugly fashion. But a win is a win and we will take them. Just taking some games for coach and players to get on same page. But looks to be working out so far. Time will tell. Tellico had a big early season win by beating Meigs last night 73-57.

Hats off to tellico on thier win last night, they outplayed the Tigers and really crashed the boards hard!! Biggest difference in the game imo was tellico turning Meigs over. Can't wait till Jan. 15th to see the difference in the outcome with Meigs pointguard and "motor" of the team suited back up!! Go Tigers!!

Thanks TFL for the compliments.  I also agree that the rebounding was a difference in the game.  You are correct it will be a different team with the PG back.  He is an exceptional player.  I hate he is hurt right now and didn't get to pay last night.  When will he return?  Look forward to the next meeting between the teams.  Go Bears....

Thanks TFL for the compliments. I also agree that the rebounding was a difference in the game. You are correct it will be a different team with the PG back. He is an exceptional player. I hate he is hurt right now and didn't get to pay last night. When will he return? Look forward to the next meeting between the teams. Go Bears....

I would think that it is getting close to time but rather not speculate on exact days. Barring a major setback he should be back when Meigs plays tellico on the 15th!

Grace played a flawless First Half tonight vs Knoxville Catholic. I think it was 45-28 at the half. The Rams are starting to jell in the football guys and ended up winning 70-61. Grace is real balanced this year, they seem to put 4-6 guys in double figures most every game. Couple guys are standing out but really, the first 9 guys in are all pretty good ball players. Of course Luke Shepherd is the leader and Senior baller and he seems to have found some additional features to his game this year. He played really really well tonight.

Catholic had a bunch of athletic guys but not much length. GCA is bigger and longer this year than previous years 6-7 Sophomore guard/forward Arnold, 6-4 Junior Big - Holland, 6-3 Junior Forward Windham, 3 tough guards Walker, Kelly, and Andrews and some Senior leadership off the bench in Moyers and several other good players that are contributing good minutes. GCA is solid.  I think the whole district is improved this year overall. Meigs is not their best with ZY OUT that is for sure but they can still ball. Looking forward to seeing Tellico and Midway this week. We have beaten Greenback - Greenback has to be better than they played that night it was not very close at all. Everyone has an off game early and I think GCA caught them right out of football. There are some very good coaches in this district. I am enjoying this season so far very much.

Oh and I like the Harriman improvements. The Johnson kid finally has some support around him. He is one to watch if he matures and gets more game skills and understands the game and how to play without the ball. The talent is really there on that kid. Sky is the limit.

Edited by 12thmanGCA