best match I saw tonight

coyotewrestlingclub

lebanon's 106 sean sesnan bumps up to wrestle springfields 113 jacob shelton.

0-0 start of third period sesnan on bottom reverses shelton, shelton reverses sesnan to tie, sesnan scores a take down in sudden victory OT.

Watching Sean in middle school, you knew he was going to be something special. Kid works his tail off and it's paying off now. Congrats to Sean and good luck to both the rest of the year.

• Upvote 1

Best match I saw last night was McCallie's James Westbrooks and Bradley Central's Knox Fuller at 126 lb. 

James was in on a single early that Knox won in a great scramble. Period ended 2-0, Knox.

In the second period, James took bottom. Knox rode James out, but both young men were busting it to score. Great action. Period ended 2-0, Knox.

Knox took bottom to start the third. Again, both were working to score. James hit a roll-through tilt that Knox was able to belly down from. James then hit it again and got a 2-3 count before Knox fought to his base. No points awarded yet because James still had the hold. He hit it again and was able to hold Knox exposed for a 5-count. The 3 pts. for NF were awarded and James was able to keep Knox on the mat until the buzzer. Match ends 3-2, James.

It was a really joy to watch these two young men battle. They'll likely have a chance to meet again at the Halls tournament later this season. I know both of these guys, and not only are the tough, smart wrestlers, but they're good persons as well. Complete package. Good stuff!

-TH

Edited by pantheon
  • Upvote 1