Elizabethton Girls Basketball

BigBama42

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude what the heck is your problem.  Are you like the ultimate crap stir.  I was for the most part agreeing with you and stating true facts  I agree with you that most Elizabethton fans get way to excited.  People can not help it when it comes from the heart.  Heck I have a kid on Elizabethton's team and I can look at things realistic.  Heck even the Eliz twinkle reported the article wrong.  I do not know if your a Happy Valley fan or what team but I support all the local teams.  My kids all have friends at different schools and they have played against the same kids there whole life.  Take a chill pill when someone was agreeing with you.  Read something and think about it before you respond..

Nothing against you....it was just an opportunity to let folks know how ridiculous it is to think you can gage a season by beating inferior teams.  All I'm saying is for your fans not to get excited bc they beat Bishop England.  You guys go around beating the crap out of a bunch of patsy teams and your fans on here think they are doing something winning the Happy Valley Tourney and a sub par tourney in SC.  Venture out and play big time competition.  

I believe you guys will win the state in AA but fans need to get their heads out of the clouds.

Edited by WarriorFan

I do not agree with every elizabethton fan I think is comical to watch people and how they react in each and every situation.  What those girls do may be the only enjoyment that some people get in there life.  It would not have hurt my feelings for them to have lost a game down there some times a good beating makes you better than a win.  Would rather see them loose now than when one loss ends your season like grainger did a couple of years ago.  In my opinion this is the best schedule they have played in the 3 years my daughter has been there.  Fans can not control the schedule.  I think they would have had to been this kind of teem for about a decade to get invited to those elite tourney's.  Does the TSSAA not regulate the number of games how does Blackman go to that many different tourney's.  And you cannot compare AAA to AA to A that is why they set up the classifications anyway right.

Nothing against you....it was just an opportunity to let folks know how ridiculous it is to think you can gage a season by beating inferior teams. All I'm saying is for your fans not to get excited bc they beat Bishop England. You guys go around beating the crap out of a bunch of patsy teams and your fans on here think they are doing something winning the Happy Valley Tourney and a sub par tourney in SC. Venture out and play big time competition.

I believe you guys will win the state in AA but fans need to get their heads out of the clouds.

The same thing was said last year and we have the Trophy.Go Cyclones

Etown it's all in fun! I enjoy watching this group of girls play! Very aggressive and can shoot the lights out at times! My kid cheers, so I get to see her cheer and the girls play, double reward! It just frustrates me when they don't get the credit they have deserved! This is a great ball team and I hope to be at the state playoffs watching them again this year!

Guest AllBlue

The W that speaks more to me about Elizabethton than any of the others is the 70-49 score against a very good Cumberland County team. I would be touting that one more than any of these out of state teams you guys beat. 

The W that speaks more to me about Elizabethton than any of the others is the 70-49 score against a very good Cumberland County team. I would be touting that one more than any of these out of state teams you guys beat.

Of course you would because they are a known commodity in your area. We also beat a good Farragut team during the same event. However, both North Forsyth and Hoover were better than Cumberland Co. I saw all three games so I'm basing my opinion on what I saw in the court rather than polls, scores, history, etc.

In all seriousness, if you guys truly think you can play with the big boys and want national rankings and state rankings or recognition for your program on major sites like M A X P R E P S for Elizabethton, your coach has to turn in stats.  You guys are only showing scores on their site in 5 games so far.  I know you have played and won 14 or 15 games.  Your team will never move up if stats aren't turned in.  Also.....your coach doesn't report stats of individual players.  Your coach didn't last year as well, nor any year before.  The stats help the kids when college coaches want to see what a certain kid does.  Might not be a bad suggestion to give your coach a nudge in getting stats together for the benefit of the kids.  It isn't hard as I have entered stats before on M A X P R E P S.  An assistant coach or manager could easily do it.  Not getting stats in is being lazy regarding the coaching staff.

Edited by WarriorFan

Yes, you are correct that you can't judge how good you are by beating teams that have been successful in the past. You also can't go by what you hear. It's a game-by-game basis. But what I believe Coach Dugger and the Elizabethton Lady Cyclones are worried about aren't their rankings. You're right, it's not hard to enter stats on a website, but that's not what it's about either. What Coach Dugger wants is the girls to play 110% no matter what their stats are each game. Each girl has a different job on the team. They showing many college coaches what they could do last year, and so far, they have continued that pattern this season. Am I saying that just because they won last year they will win this year? Absolutely not. Am I saying that because they went and won their division in the Carolina Invitational that they will beat every team in Tennessee? Nope. But if all you're worried about is whether or not Elizabethton is ranked in the state or nationally, then you get on unapproved website and put the stats in yourself. It's easy to sit back and say what you would do in somebody else's position until you are standing in their shoes. Maybe Coach Dugger wants more out of this season that just stats. Maybe the girls feel that there are other things more important than their stats. Is it a good indicator and does it help them? Sure it does. But maybe that's not what they want out of their season. It seemed to work for them last year. If it's not broke, don't fix it. So before getting on here posting negative comments about how "lazy the coaching staff is" or how "all Elizabethton fans are the same," this is all that people see when they read your posts: 

Translation: I'm not able to come up with a valid argument, but I don't agree with your point of view. And anybody with a different opinion than me is lazy and from Elizabethton. 

Elizabethton is a good team, as are several down in Middle and West Tennessee. The stats don't win the gold ball at the end of the season. Hard work, dedication, heart, and a little bit of luck is what it's going to take. I hope they do take it all the way again. But just in case they don't, it won't be because they didn't have their stats on unapproved website, because they're from East Tennessee, or because of their fans either. Go Lady Cyclones. Bring the gold home again.

• 2 weeks later...