Harriman Basketball

SportsnetWriter2

As a Harriman High alumni, a big congratulations goes to the Big Blue on the start they have on the season. I've saw a number of very very solid basketball teams go through this school, but i'm not sure any have been quite like this one, The boys are one of the hardest working, sound, and exciting teams i've saw. I love the style of play of bringing the pressure for all 4 quarters and it's proven success! It's scary to think what this team already is, and has the potential to be! Starting four sophomores with other underclassmen coming off the bench! Joe Pace, John Johnson, and Hayden Bingham will be names you'll get used to hearing around here!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been keeping up with them , they are def a much improved team from last year from what I have heard so far! The Pace kid played AAU with a couple of our guys and they say he is the real deal! Looking foward to playing them later in the season , should be a couple of great games! Go tigers!!

Edited by TFL

Been keeping up with them , they are def a much improved team from last year from what I have heard so far! The Pace kid played AAU with a couple of our guys and they say he is the real deal! Looking foward to playing them later in the season , should be a couple of great games! Go tigers!!

Thanks for the love TFL. We've got a couple of kids that you could take your pick on that stand out and play outstanding basketball! Joe Pace is definitely one of those kids and his work ethic is just as good. This team is surrounded with playmakers and weapons at all 5 spots, and that's what's so dangerous about them. It's going to be very exciting watching this team down the stretch and i'm looking forward to that big matchup with you fellas here soon! Good luck to you!

It seems like the whole district has upgraded the talent base. Looking forward to seeing an improved Harriman team. Good Luck 

You're right, it looks as if most every team has picked up pace and made this district a competitive one thise year. Props for the hard work as their are 3 teams ranked in the top 10 right now! #2 Meigs Co, #8 Harriman, and #10 Tellico. I think you could make a good argument to have a fourth team in there as Grace has played like one too, but rankings do funny things sometimes. 12th man, I'm looking forward to having a big game with you guys on the hardwood!

As a Harriman High alumni, a big congratulations goes to the Big Blue on the start they have on the season. I've saw a number of very very solid basketball teams go through this school, but i'm not sure any have been quite like this one, The boys are one of the hardest working, sound, and exciting teams i've saw. I love the style of play of bringing the pressure for all 4 quarters and it's proven success! It's scary to think what this team already is, and has the potential to be! Starting four sophomores with other underclassmen coming off the bench! Joe Pace, John Johnson, and Hayden Bingham will be names you'll get used to hearing around here!

I'm glad to see the blue devils doing well... But no this team wouldn't touch some of the AA teams harriman had. Don't forget they won a AA state championship. This team is a solid A team, but lacks the overall size to stack up with some of the AA teams harriman had when it was a larger school. It's a solid group but may not even be good enough to get out of the region... Room for growth though, so hopefully they will.

Harriman had teams in the 90's that would beat this team 20-30. No knock on this team just a really poor comparison by a so-called sports writer. Must be new on the scene.

Not so new at all. State title happened 20 years ago. It wasn't said to be the best team ever, just one of the best i've saw. Keep it in mind that a whole lot of variables have changed in those 20 years as well. 

Not so new at all. State title happened 20 years ago. It wasn't said to be the best team ever, just one of the best i've saw. Keep it in mind that a whole lot of variables have changed in those 20 years as well.

A good coach with average talent would beat this team. Plenty of talent, not much discipline and a not so good system. The district is down this year in a lot of areas so they may pull out a 2 spot to Meigs. I love them. But they play sloppy ball, and their talent isn't being used in the right spots but it's not their fault.