Celina job is now open!

ELA

I am resigning as head football and baseball coach at Celina High School effective at the end of this semester. I want to publicly thank all of the good folks in Clay County who have supported Bulldog football for these past three seasons and I know I will miss your friendship. I will spend the next few months looking for a new job so if anyone has any news of postings you can send me a private message or email me at ELA@hotmail.com

Thanks,

ELA

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am always open to anything! As a coach, you go where the work is... that is what brought me to Celina. I have fought hard for this school and small public schools in general, but I have never been opposed to working at a private school. I will work wherever I am needed and I can "find a place to hang my hat." I love teaching history and coaching football... that is what I do. It is my life!

I think it is time for a change for my family and a new challenge for me and this was the last year of Celina High School. Next year, there will be a new school (Clay County High School) and it is time for someone else to take over this program. They will have 12 seniors next year and they should do fine! To be frank, I have done all I can do here (coaches will know what I mean), and at least the new coach will have one year of success before starting the process over again. I have 42 boys signed up for next years team, and the school system will need the next few months to find someone for the job. There is only 1-3 boys coming up from the 8th grade next year, and it will be a challenge to keep the program alive after the Class of 2004 graduates, but for that one year, it should be very good! I could give you several reasons but most of them are personal. I hope you understand!

[Edited by ELA on 11-11-02 12:16P]

To begin with, I have always enjoyed your posts and you seem like a very intelligent and caring coach/teacher and person.

But just to satisfy my God-given curiosity, is this your "official" resignation? I mean, you did give something like this to the school board before posting it on CoachT...right?

And, best of luck wherever you go. I am just now getting into the coaching aspect of life again and hope to one day be doing the things I have been writing about. I truly hope you find a coaching situation you find rewarding and fruitful.

I have known coach atkins for about seven years and I can tell you he will make a great addition to any coaching staff. He works well with young people, has a vast understanding of the game, and is very organized. If you need an offensive coordinator you should give him a call, I know you will be happy with his work. I'm sorry to hear about him leaving Celina, but their loss will be your gain. Good luck coach, I hope you move back to the Nashville area.