CPA or Creek Wood who is better

Wavoh8er

Tonight was a good game between CW and Waverly. CW would get ahead by 10 or so, then Waverly would get close. It was a 3 point game with about five minutes to go and CW pulled away at the end. High school officiating is never going to be perfect. Creekwood will be a tough out for anyone. The twins have the ability to score from deep. Edmondson is a good big and they have a couple others who are athletic and can score some as well. Their pg is more athletic than a lot give him credit for. If they get to play CPA, I would anticipate an exciting game.

Edited by 31ballfan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight was a good game between CW and Waverly. CW would get ahead by 10 or so, then Waverly would get close. It was a 3 point game with about five minutes to go and CW pulled away at the end. High school officiating is never going to be perfect. Creekwood will be a tough out for anyone. The twins have the ability to score from deep. Edmondson is a good big and they have a couple others who are athletic and can score some as well. Their pg is more athletic than a lot give him credit for. If they get to play CPA, I would anticipate an exciting game.

CreekWood is a very talented and disciplined team. They play very well together and have people all over the court that can score. They are a tough matchup for most any team in this area.

Went to CPA / Marshall County game last night. CPA, IMO, is certainly beatable by Creekwood and probably 5-6 other AA teams in TN. Not that I think 5-6 other teams are better than them, but that, if CPA doesn't play well (especially shoot well), they are beatable. The reason is that CPA does not have the defensive skills they have had in the past. When they struggle scoring, their transition defense is poor. Also, Blackwell can be very hot and cold at times, and can hurt the team trying to take over when the game is close. Of course, he can also dominate at times.

MC is a very good team and still lost by 18. It would have been worse if MC had not shot very well at the FT line, and CPA missed a lot of free throws and easy inside baskets.

Edited by sportsnerd

I agree creekwood will be a tough match up for cpa, call me crazy but I've seen cpa a few times and they're a very good team but cw has a very good point guard his brother can flat out play and shoot, plus chico who can score anytime plus iassac e can ball and young players stepping in right now and don't forget easton or Turpin. They run you out of the gym play defense. I'm going with creekwood this year and sticking with it. My dark horse pick

I just noticed the D12 tourney is at Marshall County and the Region is at Creekwood. This makes CPA's road to the state much more difficult, and, IMO, makes Creekwood the favorite to win the Region. However, if Creekwood does beat CPA in the Region finals, I beleive CPA would win a road substate game.

Some interesting games coming up!