Pickett County/Goodpasture Christian Game 1/17/2015

ShawnJohnston

I dont believe that the Pickett county fans were acting like that towards a player or other coach but the terrible officiating, I agree that there shouldn't be racist comments or anything like that, but the Pickett county kids were not being dirty as I was there from my point of view they were just defending themselves from #40 as he was being very rough with the Pickett county players and as for #32 he will be taking care of by coach Aaron as he will not stand for that

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again. My intentions reagrading my post were primarily to bring awareness to the horrible officiating that occured during the game. 90% of the blame is at the feet of the officials for not taking control early. I have made a number of calls and asked for several favors as they pertain to the refs of that game, and as I previously mentioned, I will not stop until someone is aware of their lack of action and they are questioned or investigated. I am not choosing a side as far as the game is concerned but reputations do tend to proceed both individuals and groups. So being that my only knowledge of the Pickett County program prior to that night was due to the incident during last season, I was a little shocked at some of the Pickett supporters behavior. I have asked around and it seems as their coach is a class act and even knew the Goodpasture kid that was involved in the incident. So I am in no way thinking it a culture thing regarding the program as much as outside the program influence. I will again support my post, I think the officials are to blame, followed by the initiation of the incident being caused by a couple Pickett players, and ultimately acted on by the Goodpasture kid. It was a series of unfortunate events but I stand by my dedication to ensuring racism not be a part of the games I love. If you remove that, this post wouldnt exist.

I don't belive a single player from Pickett county was invoked in that fight with York not a one left the bench area. From what I here the refs where bad but I belive it would be hard to here an racist comment in this game from the half court line with both crowds as loud an crazy as its lead to be. Seems like there was a pretty hard foul and a lot of ppl reacting to that so where gonna call kids racist for that? Trying to ruin kids reps is that what coacht is about?

Extremelyeme="Ballfantic" post="3308583" timestamp="1421706563"]

I don't belive a single player from Pickett county was invoked in that fight with York not a one left the bench area. From what I here the refs where bad but I belive it would be hard to here an racist comment in this game from the half court line with both crowds as loud an crazy as its lead to be. Seems like there was a pretty hard foul and a lot of ppl reacting to that so where gonna call kids racist for that? Trying to ruin kids reps is that what coacht is about?

Sir,

First allow me to sincerely say thank you for responding in a manner that was respectful even though you disagree with my statement. There were some earlier comments that were made through posts on this thread that were actually removed by the administrator based on the content that would actually back my version up but unfortunately I can't access those because like I said they were removed.The individual claimed to have a son on the team but refused to identify himself out of fear it would be detremental to his child. He made numerous racial slurs and comments about the Goodpasture kid. And your assessment of the situation actually further supports my version and reason for being so distraught. You're absolutely correct the crowd was extremely loud and noisy on both sides and that is precisely why it is such a travesty. I completely heard it still. Now granted, I was sitting very near the inbound play when it occured and was extremely focused on the player I came to scout (which I made note of his exceptional play), so I had a vantage point not everyone was privy to, but none the less, I was not the only person who heard the slurs. Nor was I the only person to hear them the 2nd time. I am in no way making any effort to ruin a kids reputation and if what I am doing is being perceived that way,then by all means I give a 100 percent complete apology on behalf of and to those kids directly. I was very direct and purposeful when I made certain statements and I have stated I do not believe this to be behavior originated by the players or staff but it still happened regardless of any opinion one may have and there is no excuse or place for it in this game. Or anywhere for that matter. I also took direct exception to the reaction and behavior of the kid from Goodpasture and stated there was no room for that in this game as well. I have no favorites and am only speaking from what I directly observed. If anything, I would have wanted the opposite to be true, as I was only there to scout a Pickett player in hopes of writing a recruiting article on him.

It just seems like there is a lot of people on here that are steiring the pot, if the ref would have witsnessed this like it was claimed there would have been action taken in a instantce. I'm not calling you a liar or trying to argue but I think anyone can make a account a say whatever they want like the so called pickett parent, there is no telling who that really is for all we know it's some ten year old kid in Florida. I don't like that racism is even brought up in the year 2015 an I hope it's not true. But I find it hard to believe that a ref was in the same area an let this go. This is just he said she said at this point

I think it's very good points from all sides. I think it is hurting kids reputation when there numbers are singled out on a public site. But there is no telling what when on without hands down proof of it. But there is one thing that has been made clear three this entire post the refs where just as bad for one side as they where the other

I think it's very good points from all sides. I think it is hurting kids reputation when there numbers are singled out on a public site. But there is no telling what when on without hands down proof of it. But there is one thing that has been made clear three this entire post the refs where just as bad for one side as they where the other

I am extremely welcoming of opinions and points of view and I thank you for yours. I also, at this moment, find myself agreeing with your perspective of using actual player numbers on this site. I initially did so as a means of pinpointing or as a reference, in hopes that a recording of the game would be seen by the TSSAA and the officials would be reprimanded. Also, I respect the other individuals opinion and ideas that we don't know who is behind a post. Because of that I have made myself extremely public and am willing to share any personal contact information if you would like. Also, if this matter goes unattended to by the TSSAA, I am willing to risk employment to ensure this is taken seriously. I have dealt with similar issues my entire life and I refuse to stand by and do nothing now. So I respect the idea that it may be hard to believe I heard a slur or term, but I assure you I would not be this outraged had this just been a couple hard fouls. I am going to seriously consider deleting any reference to an actual player, thanks for that wake up call again! One last thing, in reference to your comment regarding no Pickett players being involved in that incident, I believe that is correct also. Which is why I was careful to direct my issues with Picketts supporters behavior.

Extremelyeme="Ballfantic" post="3308583" timestamp="1421706563"]

Sir,

First allow me to sincerely say thank you for responding in a manner that was respectful even though you disagree with my statement. There were some earlier comments that were made through posts on this thread that were actually removed by the administrator based on the content that would actually back my version up but unfortunately I can't access those because like I said they were removed.The individual claimed to have a son on the team but refused to identify himself out of fear it would be detremental to his child. He made numerous racial slurs and comments about the Goodpasture kid. And your assessment of the situation actually further supports my version and reason for being so distraught. You're absolutely correct the crowd was extremely loud and noisy on both sides and that is precisely why it is such a travesty. I completely heard it still. Now granted, I was sitting very near the inbound play when it occured and was extremely focused on the player I came to scout (which I made note of his exceptional play), so I had a vantage point not everyone was privy to, but none the less, I was not the only person who heard the slurs. Nor was I the only person to hear them the 2nd time. I am in no way making any effort to ruin a kids reputation and if what I am doing is being perceived that way,then by all means I give a 100 percent complete apology on behalf of and to those kids directly. I was very direct and purposeful when I made certain statements and I have stated I do not believe this to be behavior originated by the players or staff but it still happened regardless of any opinion one may have and there is no excuse or place for it in this game. Or anywhere for that matter. I also took direct exception to the reaction and behavior of the kid from Goodpasture and stated there was no room for that in this game as well. I have no favorites and am only speaking from what I directly observed. If anything, I would have wanted the opposite to be true, as I was only there to scout a Pickett player in hopes of writing a recruiting article on him.

I agree and dont feel that it is in any way ruining any kids reputation. Many people heard what was said. The coach should handle it and the players should learn from it as to ensure it never happens again.