Harriman/Grace

TFL

The kid averaging less than 10 a game is wrong...you obviously don't know what you're talking about. He is averaging double figures along with 3 others. Beat Meigs @ home without Zy and beat Meigs @ Meigs with Zy...EVERYBODY was there and healthy...stop making excuses. They caught you all off guard early @ their place and made adjustments @ yours in the 2nd half and then flat out kicked your tails...bottom line. They match up well with Meigs. Stop making excuses...so and so hurt...so and so sick...c'mon man:) Good basketball team that has been up and down @ times. You all just keep overlooking them...I'm sure those boys like that. We'll find out who's who when it's tourney time...that's when it REALLY counts.

I cannot wait till tournament time to hopefully get another shot a Tellico! Those losses were hard to swallow!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kid averaging less than 10 a game is wrong...you obviously don't know what you're talking about. He is averaging double figures along with 3 others. Beat Meigs @ home without Zy and beat Meigs @ Meigs with Zy...EVERYBODY was there and healthy...stop making excuses. They caught you all off guard early @ their place and made adjustments @ yours in the 2nd half and then flat out kicked your tails...bottom line. They match up well with Meigs. Stop making excuses...so and so hurt...so and so sick...c'mon man:) Good basketball team that has been up and down @ times. You all just keep overlooking them...I'm sure those boys like that. We'll find out who's who when it's tourney time...that's when it REALLY counts.

You guys dont have four players averaging double figures. Meigs is in the top ten in the state in scoring with almost 73 points a game and we only got three averaging in double figures. Colton is a good ball player but he was hot that night. He played with Matthew and Zy in the Cleveland league AAU last year and has no where near the talent they have. I am not saying anything negative about him but they were all district, all region and all state caliber players last year. I said they had our number. They wanted it more. Everyone could see it. Our team lacks passion and heart and times and I got to give it to you all that Tellico gives it a hundred percent. They pressed the whole game up in Tellico and then came to Meigs and went with a whole different game plan. I think they are better coached and play better as a team. I am hoping they upset Harriman and Grace prior to the tournament. I am pulling for a Meigs Tellico rematch in the District Championship. We all got excuses but theres no excuse for losing to Polk and Rockwood. Our losses are to good teams. Those two teams are terrible.

You guys dont have four players averaging double figures. Meigs is in the top ten in the state in scoring with almost 73 points a game and we only got three averaging in double figures. Colton is a good ball player but he was hot that night. He played with Matthew and Zy in the Cleveland league AAU last year and has no where near the talent they have. I am not saying anything negative about him but they were all district, all region and all state caliber players last year. I said they had our number. They wanted it more. Everyone could see it. Our team lacks passion and heart and times and I got to give it to you all that Tellico gives it a hundred percent. They pressed the whole game up in Tellico and then came to Meigs and went with a whole different game plan. I think they are better coached and play better as a team. I am hoping they upset Harriman and Grace prior to the tournament. I am pulling for a Meigs Tellico rematch in the District Championship. We all got excuses but theres no excuse for losing to Polk and Rockwood. Our losses are to good teams. Those two teams are terrible.

True...no excuses here for losing those games. Brain fart games on the road...kids not playing with the right mindset and credit to the other teams. Yes, 4 kids averaging double figures...Rinehart, Balcom, Hunt, and Carter...fact.

Harriman plays more like an AAU team or NBA type ball than HS ball. It's run and gun as fast as possible. No passing, no teamwork. Just go to the basket as fast as possible. As 'knox said, they have no bench. 23 thinks he's WAY better than he is. The best player on the team is Joe Joe Luna #5, great defender. I underestimated him when he came in because of his size. Wrong assessment. He's very good, congrats Joe Joe.

Harriman brought in 2 AAU players this year as recruits. They play like it. In the HS game, there's Defense and Refs that call fouls.

Hey now pride.. easy on the recruiting circle there big fella. We are lucky to have Pace and Bingham. I respect and to an extent agree about Jo Jo because he's so scrappy and plays hard! Pace just has a special ability and stuff you can't coach. Yes he needs some tweaking and some areas worked on, but he's absolutely a solid ball player that has what it takes.

As far as your comment about #23, I would like to print this off and post it everywhere because it couldn't be more true!!!!! Every time the kid is in I feel like banging by head against a brick wall. No disrespect to him personally but he doesn't belong on a basketball court. He is constantly looking confused and when he gets the ball, it's like a surprise to him and he can't make anything positive happen with it. It kills me, but I guess that's why i'm not coaching!

Hey now pride.. easy on the recruiting circle there big fella. We are lucky to have Pace and Bingham. I respect and to an extent agree about Jo Jo because he's so scrappy and plays hard! Pace just has a special ability and stuff you can't coach. Yes he needs some tweaking and some areas worked on, but he's absolutely a solid ball player that has what it takes.

As far as your comment about #23, I would like to print this off and post it everywhere because it couldn't be more true!!!!! Every time the kid is in I feel like banging by head against a brick wall. No disrespect to him personally but he doesn't belong on a basketball court. He is constantly looking confused and when he gets the ball, it's like a surprise to him and he can't make anything positive happen with it. It kills me, but I guess that's why i'm not coaching!

I thought you might enjoy the "recruit" comment, lol

25 is a big body and I could see where he could be a force on some nights. He didn't play well at Grace, but I can see the potential. My comment about Jo Jo might be a stretch (about being the best on the team). A more accurate comment would be that he plays harder than anyone on the team and is the best Defensive player on the team. He lacks the offensive side or he would be hands down the best all around. I enjoyed watching him play.

25 is a big body and I could see where he could be a force on some nights. He didn't play well at Grace, but I can see the potential. My comment about Jo Jo might be a stretch (about being the best on the team). A more accurate comment would be that he plays harder than anyone on the team and is the best Defensive player on the team. He lacks the offensive side or he would be hands down the best all around. I enjoyed watching him play.

The recruiting joke hurt my feelings a little bit.. Just kidding. JoJo does play really hard, and is a good quality defender. I would consider Isaiah McClain to be a little more talented, but JoJo plays a bit harder. 25 can be a huge force if he keeps his cool and gets his rhythm going, unfortunately the position he plays hurts his numbers. Joe and Hayden both are good. Joe plays a little out of control and undisciplined sometimes. This team could be make some noise but won't make adjustments necessary to do so, for obvious reasons.

After watching them vs Meigs the only one I was impressed with was Gresham. He might be the best post player in the district. I didnt look at the stats but I dont know if anybody but Gresham had over ten and he had at least twenty. I dont think Luna scored more than once or twice maybe. I dont know even Bingham even scored. They just did not look competitive except for Gresham. He gave it his all on Senior Night and the fans did not even give him an ovation or any of the other two seniors when they come out.

That was a good one and I saw what you did there lol. Had to pull my panties out of a not there for a minute! 25 can match well with anyone in the post in our district when he's on. Specifically i'd like to see Gresham be on when and if we can play you guys again because of that big post you guys have, he's solid! I like the tandem we have in JoJo and Isaiah (#15) those two can cause alot of frustration for guards for a full four quarters. Bottom line though, i've talked up Harriman this whole year and of course I love them cause it's my home, but they've not played to potential. The talent and necessary tools to make a deep run are there,but are the adjustments are the question? If they get agressive and extend on defense and actually play it for four quarters, they'd be extremely dangerous. Offensively, they've got the speed and talent to take teams out of the game and run away with it if it came to that. BUT it all comes back to the lack of defense. That fact has either let teams linger around in games that shouldn't be close at all, or it's gotten them beat handidly by teams they're very comparable with. I'd like to say we could see them pull a upset or two come tournament time, but I guess we'll wait and see for that! It should be a fun tournament and i'm sure glad to have it here at Harriman this year! Call me partial, but I love Richard Pickell Gymnasium!