celina

Guest urout

I know the coach has quit it said the end of the semester. All I want to know does that mean baseball for this year. Because that would kinda leave the school stuck to hire someone to take his place and thats hard in the middle of a school year. Hope you can read this.

Doug, you know there are two men on staff who can both coach baseball. I talked this over with the administration and I am not leaving anyone "hanging." The games are scheduled and the boys are signed up, there is nothing else that can be done until Feb. 10, 2003. I know for a fact they will have both a football coach and baseball coach in place by then. Everything has been arranged, but nothing can "officially" happen until after the school board meeting in December. The boys will be well taken care of and you know there is enough talent on the baseball team to get the job done this season. Most of the team plays basketball so the only thing that can be done now is to allow the boys to run and lift weights. Thanks for your concern. If you have any questions, you can talk to the principal.

Thanks coach for the info. Yes they have alot of talent this year and should do well for whoever takes it over. Again thanks for the three years you've been here and good luck in whatever you do next.

You helped our program and I thank you for that.

• 3 weeks later...

The baseball team will be loaded! Four good game pitchers (two seniors, 1 sophomore, 1 freshman) and two or three one or two inning relivers. The bats are not "long" but with solid pitching they should do fine.

Contact Brenda Kirby at CHS, 120 Brown Street, Celina, TN 38551.

The rumor around school was that the school board may offer the job to a football coach from a nearby school who also coaches baseball? WHO KNOWS?