District 4A 2015-2016

LilGoose10

Having seen both districts play this year , don't believe any team in district 4 can compete with anybody in district 3. Yes Oneida beat a weakened Clarkrange by weakened I mean 3 of the five  starters were not playing in the game all out for some reason and was told Clarkrange finished game with four players on the floor......... NOT AN  IMPRESSIVE WIN . It just looks like all teams with the exception of Oneida was rebuilding this year all teams below Oneida was about equal some really close games across the board Oneida just had everybody back and had better coaching. Will not be that way in the region, anybody who thinks different is running around with their head in the clouds . It really pains me to say it but look for a district 3 sweep in the first round of region.   

I haven't saw any of the 3A teams play this season. So I can't say whether or not we can compete with them. It may be a 3A sweep. I also agree that 4A teams are down this year.

However I don't agree with you about Oneida.

1st - Someone gave you incorrect information about the Clarkrange game. Yes they are rebuilding this season but they were only playing without 1 starter. To be fair, she is a very important starter. Coach Rogers finished the last 20 seconds of the game with 4 players because he chose too. He wasn't very happy about losing and chose to display bad sportsmanship. It may not have been an "impressive win" but it was a good win for Oneida.

2nd - We definitely didn't bring everybody back. Not sure where you got that information but it was wrong. We lost 3 very important senior starters. Jessi Morgan who is now playing at Roane State and had been a starter at Oneida for 4 years. We also lost both our post players. In losing Thompson and Williams we lost our height. The only veteran player we returned was Baylee Newport.

Crazy that BOTH top seeds were upset. How will that play out?

This should come as really bad news to the remaining 4A teams. I thought that the top team may have a chance to win at home against the 4th team from 3A but now that Grace and Meigs will be traveling, I think it will most likely be a 3A sweep!

This should come as really bad news to the remaining 4A teams. I thought that the top team may have a chance to win at home against the 4th team from 3A but now that Grace and Meigs will be traveling, I think it will most likely be a 3A sweep!

That is what I was wondering. I don't think I've seen any teams in either district this year, but going by what I read on here, I assumed this would really mess up region play.

Edited by Rebel82

Only team that has "held serve" has been the Lady Indians.  I have heard all year it was Meigs, Grace, and Harriman in that order.....and that would be how their district tournament would come out.  The fourth team everybody was hawking was Tellico Plains.  Midway was not mentioned in the top four and here they are in the championship game.  One thing is certain....there aren't any unbeatable teams going forward.  They may very well sweep the first round games in the region, funny that they are moving forward in reverse order.  That is the breaks, I guess.

Kazzy

Only team that has "held serve" has been the Lady Indians. I have heard all year it was Meigs, Grace, and Harriman in that order.....and that would be how their district tournament would come out. The fourth team everybody was hawking was Tellico Plains. Midway was not mentioned in the top four and here they are in the championship game. One thing is certain....there aren't any unbeatable teams going forward. They may very well sweep the first round games in the region, funny that they are moving forward in reverse order. That is the breaks, I guess. I guess, maybe your right maybe Oneida can win, maybe Wartburg. 3A is probably the toughest district as I have said before. Any night it's anybody s game. So good luck to 4A, you are gonna need a giant effort to get a win. If you do it don't get any easier the next night. Your right though from here forward it's anybody ' game.

Kazzy

I haven't saw any of the 3A teams play this season. So I can't say whether or not we can compete with them. It may be a 3A sweep. I also agree that 4A teams are down this year.

However I don't agree with you about Oneida.

1st - Someone gave you incorrect information about the Clarkrange game. Yes they are rebuilding this season but they were only playing without 1 starter. To be fair, she is a very important starter. Coach Rogers finished the last 20 seconds of the game with 4 players because he chose too. He wasn't very happy about losing and chose to display bad sportsmanship. It may not have been an "impressive win" but it was a good win for Oneida.

2nd - We definitely didn't bring everybody back. Not sure where you got that information but it was wrong. We lost 3 very important senior starters. Jessi Morgan who is now playing at Roane State and had been a starter at Oneida for 4 years. We also lost both our post players. In losing Thompson and Williams we lost our height. The only veteran player we returned was Baylee Newport.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the clarkrange win . Any win is a good win I was just saying that was not a" TRUE" clarkrange team, and starting four seniors and a junior don't see how that's not veterans coming back!! Anyway like I said Oneida had better coaching than anyone in district and it showed up bright . Good luck moving forward , hope district four does well but, still I think regionals turns into a second district three tournament !!!!! GOOD LUCK

That "down" Clarkrange team beat Clay Co. last night.  They are still very much a factor going forward.  They may not make it back to M'boro, but if they do would anyone really be surprised.  When they got it going on they are a very capable ball club.  So, yeah, I would disagree.

Oneida proved it's mettle last night against a team on their own court.  To show the depth of the team, their all tournament selections were two Sophmores, a Junior, and two Seniors.  I would think the starting line-up reflects that the coach prefers to start his players with more experience because it allows his younger players to settle into the game better.  They come in waves, his first substitutions last night was four players on and four players off.  None of those subs was a Senior, so they will all be back next season.  When those subs came on they were up by one, by his next substitution, they were up 7. (point being that they lose very little quality)  Great win....everybody come out Friday and lets rock the Tepee.....!

Kazanity 

That's what I am saying pound your chest when you beat a Clarkrange team at full strength cause I still believe they were missing players when Oneida beat them . As far as mettle goes Oneida was leaps and bounds above anyone in district four this year to me they did what was expected by winning last night . Prove your mettle days start friday when District three rolls into town If they are still playing on Saturday my outlook will change as of now undeafeated in district play was supposed to happen. Good Luck would like to see district four do well and I mean no disrespect but the air is better when your feet is on the ground.     

So according to RoCoBall, we are done......I'm sure the girls would like to get things decided on the court.  We'll just try to change perceptions on the floor.  Is Region 4 stronger....?  My answer would be a definite yes.....but I also think this Oneida team would have faired better than anticipated had they been in that Region.  You can compare apples and oranges at will, but ultimately things will be defined by how teams fare on the court.  I like our chances against anyone if we play up to our capabilities, and through the second half of the season we have done that.  I would be stunned if everyone we face doesn't get our best because quite frankly, the posts have been somewhat disrespectful towards a team that has met it's challenges and improved each week.  Remember, that poor Clarkrange team throttled us by 20+ on their own court......then we showed up several weeks later and beat the same team.  I'm not claiming we are the darlings of the Region tournament, but we'll certainly show up!

Kazzy