Maury Co. hosting 2 Jamborees starting this year

Big Bigby

Summertown held there own to MC's jv with 2 starters both qb's (one freshman and sophomore). Jv needs some work they did have posseion for most of the quarter and then thru a bad pass and got picked but hey your gonna get some of them every now and them good job to the MC raiders tonight. Imo I believe their gonna be a strong competitor in this region this year.

It took Summertown starters 3 minutes to drive the field from their own 20 to score on MP with MP defense tackling well.

It took Moore Co. starters almost double that, 5 minutes or so, to score on the same MP starters which with poor tackling (4-5 Tigers trying to arm tackle high) giving up a big 40 yard run to MC... Tigers had him several times but poor procedure failed to get him down. Finally one Tiger hit him low, wrapped his legs (proper tackling) and the Raider dropped like a sack of taters.

Not trying to take anything away from Moore Co. They looked decent and will be contenders for 3rd place on down.

But like I said, Summertown did really good holding their own in their first showing in this new Region. The Eagles will only get better as others will.

Is y'alls Region game with Summertown in Lawrence Co. or @ Moore Co.?.?.?.... I might drive down to Lawrenceburg to watch if there.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for these updates Bigby....i got to say Summertown surprised me big time!

:thumb:.... I enjoyed it.... Summertown played well. The Eagles have always had a give it their all mentality with nothing but WIN on the brains in all other sports they've had.... I see it translating over into their new Football program as well.

#16 for the Eagles is about 5'2" with cleats and helmet on, weighing looks like a buck 20 (if that)fully dressed out...lol... little guy is a Baller! Quick when they let him run the ball, not afraid to hit neither.

It took Summertown starters 3 minutes to drive the field from their own 20 to score on MP with MP defense tackling well.

Well your gonna ha

It took Moore Co. starters almost double that, 5 minutes or so, to score on the same MP starters which with poor tackling (4-5 Tigers trying to arm tackle high) giving up a big 40 yard run to MC... Tigers had him several times but poor procedure failed to get him down. Finally one Tiger hit him low, wrapped his legs (proper tackling) and the Raider dropped like a sack of taters.

Not trying to take anything away from Moore Co. They looked decent and will be contenders for 3rd place on down.

But like I said, Summertown did really good holding their own in their first showing in this new Region. The Eagles will only get better as others will.

Is y'alls Region game with Summertown in Lawrence Co. or @ Moore Co.?.?.?.... I might drive down to Lawrenceburg to watch if there.

Well your gonna ha

Well you will have to drive a little further than Lawrenceburg. It's being played at MC homecoming night too Should be a good game. Can't wait to see the matchup.

Keep'em comin... I would like to have watched these games. I look forward to your run down of how it went today.

To try and keep it short I will start with the top 2..

1. Columbia Academy - loaded with talent and new QB is going to fill Cary's old shows well. Gonna take them having a bad game and them beating themselves not to win this Region. State Contenders for sure.

2. Fayetteville - CA's biggest competition this year in this Region. Smart QB with a decent line creating large lanes at times for their backs to maneuver through. #22 Brandon Moore - for Fayetteville had a 70+yard run score on a jet sweep.... fast and shifty.... interception also on defense. #2 McWilliams - for Fayetteville has speed if gets open.... up the gut style power runner.

Fayetteville has a great punter.... #7 QB for Fayetteville has good arm can scramble and decently accurate.

Overall the Fayetteville Tigers has good size and quick/speed on defense.

The bottom 2 would be 8.Cornersville and then 9.Richland

3rd through 7th will be a competitive season, a good fight for the rest to find their place as they a seem capable of giving each other fits and good games.

Mt. Pleasant, Moore Co., Grace Christian, Huntland, Summertown in no particular order.

No preliminary outlook because they all have talent and they all are about on the same level.

New comers Grace Christian Academy and Summertown will improve and they will compete with the long established.

Grace Christian also has a great punter, btw. The Lions are small but quick defense. Like Collinwood has been in the past.... Fayetteville was better than GCA, and it showed during the 2 qtr game, but I'd say Grace Christian will finish in the middle of the pack.

Going to be an exciting season I think.

My MP Tigers has got to come together on the line play. Pick up on their blocks and stay on them long enough to give the talent in the backfield the running lanes and opportunities to show their speed. MP's line play just has not been there since Walt left.... MP's line gets it together? The Tigers could be an easy 3rd place posistion... And the Tigers needs to get their tackling techniques down to a science. It peeves me to see up high arm strength tackles.... I don't care if one is 10 feet tall and bullet proof, you wrap up his legs and he's going down... Simple Science, Simple Technique... Not hard to understand nor should be that hard to follow through with.

Edited by Big Bigby

Well you will have to drive a little further than Lawrenceburg. It's being played at MC homecoming night too Should be a good game. Can't wait to see the matchup.

Naw, I made that long drive years ago back around 2004 (I think) to watch the Tigers play there when MP/MC was in the Region together back then ... Glad y'alls matchup is in the Jungle this year because I will not drive that far again.

Edited by Big Bigby