Freshmen College Wrestlers 2015

facenthecrowd

Obviously for next year, but what's the odds of UTC having possibly two of the top 285 recruits in the US on the same team?

It could happen that UTC has 2 great 285# recruits but I would be shocked if Nick does not receive a great offer from one of the Big10 schools.  2X National Champions seem to draw a lot of attention.

• Upvote 1

It could happen that UTC has 2 great 285# recruits but I would be shocked if Nick does not receive a great offer from one of the Big10 schools. 2X National Champions seem to draw a lot of attention.

As big as Nick's accomplishments were (super proud of him and excited for him) if he wants to receive a major ofer from one of the true power players he will need to back it up with some solid performances at the Junior level in Fargo or another major national tournament or two.

Winning or placing at Cadets will get you on the national radar but it is also important to understand who you beat and lost to in the process.

The rubber really hits the road at the Junior level as all of the wrestlers start to physically mature and move more towards the bodies that they will have in college to go along with the additional years to refine technique, mental approach, etc.

The newspaper article the other day said he was offered a chance to train at the OTC and he really liked the idea of that. The article said his dream was to play college football but he also wanted to wrestle in college. I wouldn't really be surprised either way, whether he does go to the OTC, UTC or a B1G school. As a Mocs fan, Im hoping he decides to follow his brother and Coach E snags him.

• Upvote 1