Peabody vs Milan

TIDE1

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malone is definitely fun to watch and a valuable weapon but he's not our only weapon. We have a talented team. What hurt us in last year's game was Malone came out too pump then once he settled down our receivers dropped too many passes. We could never really get a rhythm going. Should be another great game. If we can find a rhythm early it could be a lot fun to watch. ROLL TIDE!!!

Guest AdamsvilleDad26

Tougher by what standards. The days of Tucker toughness are over. Players today are not as tough as kids in the 80's and 90's. And I'm sure the 70 were pretty tough too. I know it's a different game today but a lot of athletes today suffer from the I syndrome. I believe a team that plays team ball can be dominate over a team with more talent. That just my two cents which is not even worth that Just saw Peabody last year play as a team and come back more than once. I know y'all beat th last year but they are seasoned and bonded. Good luck to both and may both come away injury free

My thoughts as gameday approaches...

I have witnessed many years of bulldog football.  I have witnessed many preseason struggles turn into double digit winning seasons.  I haven't witnessed a team that has struggled through the preseason the way this one has in a long time.  I do have questions about this squad's ability to overcome the hurdles they will face this season.  We are talented, we are not great.  We have many "good" football players.  Not sure we have any "great" football players. We do not have a single player on our roster as talented as Malone.  

I don't feel confident in predicting this game. I can see a good ballgame...I can see a blowout.  I don't see us blowing Trenton out, but the opposite is possible.  If our kids continue hanging their heads like they did in the preseason every time Trenton makes a good play, it will be a long night for the Bulldogs.  Trenton will be as good of a team we have faced.  I am hoping that Milan toughness we have had for years shows back up when the lights come on Friday. If we can be the more physical team tomorrow night we will be in the ballgame with a chance to win at the end.